10th July 2010, 10:52 PM
Unregistered

Is Engineering a tough course? How much time should be given per day for its studies?

I want to ask whether doing engineering or portion of engineering very tough? and how much time is requried to be given for study of it per day?

20th May 2011, 09:39 PM
Sumit Ahujaa

Default Re: Is Engineering a tough course? How much time should be given per day for its studies?

No its not a tough study if you have an interest and if its your passion then it become a game to play.
You should not take burden or tension of much study.

You should study by learn not by memories then 2-3 hours will be sufficient for engineering.
All The Best and Take it Easy man.
21st May 2011, 10:05 AM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is Engineering a tough course? How much time should be given per day for its studies?

hi
yes, it is tough but you do it easily by reading regularly..

in my point of view regularly you read 3 hours then you get good marks in engg..

so read regularly in concenttration all the course easy.......
21st May 2011, 02:25 PM
alphagamma

Engineering is all about innovations. Its about making things in the real world, which you think in your brain. My friend nothing in this world is easy. Even the work of the sweeper is very tough job. What you need is just determination, hard work & courage to be successful in life. If you like innovations and would like to know how the stuff around you works, then engineering is the perfect choice for you.
And now comes how much time to be devoted to it? It all depends on your potential. You may clear the paper by just going through the lectures & notes just once or it may even take hours for you to complete it.It all depends on you. Finally i would like to say that its very very intresting & you will enjoy it throughout your life.
21st May 2011, 03:43 PM
alphagamma

My friend it all depends on you and its not at all a tough job rather it depends on your view towards a particular work.
21st May 2011, 06:01 PM
sonya singh

hi dear..
no its nt tough at all.. all u need to stay active & consicous regarding concepts.. if u r attending lectures in class properly thats enough 4 u.. after college u cn giv 1-2 hr daily.. and thats it all..the main concentration is on MATHS.. u hav 2 keep in touch wid maths daily.. one lecture miss means the whole concept miss. the Another + point is engg. in semester system is quite easy coz in case u got suppli or fail in any number of subjects u need nt 2 step back. u can be promoted to next sem nd side by sideclear ur supplies..
23rd May 2011, 01:13 PM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

Engineering subject is chosen by interest not by force or imposition.
Many parents force their children in engineering & they only end up with lot of frustration.
Engineering subjects dont require memorizing lot of theory & facts, its only the application of fundamentals, so if you can comprehend the situation, engg is an easy task for you.
So if you have genuine interest in Physics , Mathematics & chemistry, then only opt for Non-medical, otherwise leave it, otherwise there are lots of other career opportunities also besides engineering.
10th August 2011, 09:41 PM
Unregistered

Hi, I wish to study in a foreign university. I am good in mathematics but english is my love. i am not very active in sports but i perform quite well in debates and elocutions. I belong to a middle class family and my parents just can't afford to pay in lakhs for my education in a foreign land because we are four brothers and sisters. given the circumsatances would it be possible for me to to live my dreams. If yes, then how??? thanks
10th August 2011, 11:09 PM
suchiii

hi friend
if you are a science student and you want to do engineering not for making good career but you want to do because you have a intereast in engineering than it is not tough for you .Engineering not quit easy or tough but it depends on the interest level of student and desire for learn new things.
there is not fix time for study all day engineering student can easily maintain the time to devote in study.
14th August 2011, 07:37 PM
Bmsri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I want to ask whether doing engineering or portion of engineering very tough? and how much time is requried to be given for study of it per day?
Engineering is not a tough job but you have to spend more time for studying and completing your home works.Always you will find yourself busy with some work related to your studies while doing your engineering,this makes most of the people irritated.
Every one has their own strength.you know about your capacity to study,depending upon that you should spend your time.
For example some person would take time to study but some may need not study after listening to the class.so always know your strength and plan according to that.
Good Luck.
27th July 2012, 01:47 AM
Onkar Kaur
Senior Member+

Dear, don't think like this, if you want to be successful in your life. Engineering is not atough job but you have to spend atleast 6-7 hrs for studying. Its not neccessary that now you have to spend the time as I've suggested. Everyone has his own strength, own power of doing works. If you can understand the things easily then 2-3 hrs are enough for you. But, the fact is the thing which you feel interesting can't make you boared & tired. It's really interesting and you will enjoy this alot. Don't worry. Do regular study, don't miss even a single day. It will seem you really easy.

All the Best.
4th August 2020, 10:07 AM
deepikapandey9999

Copper is harder than gold. Steel is harder than copper. Diamond is harder than steel. The point being, the term “Harder” is very relative.

It depends! It depends on your passion and love for something. I loved engineering thus its easy for me. I hated Biology, so I think medicine is boring and hard.

In general, engineering is more about concepts and understanding the logic. Medicine is more about your knowledge of what you have read. I am younger brother of a doctor. He advised me to study engineering and not medicine. In medicine you have to study a lot. A lot. I have seen his books of over thousands of pages and every course had three to four associated reference books.

Engineering was whole lot different game. I studied from what teachers taught in class and followed videos and lectures of my interest on internet. That was enough to make me a good engineer. Good at what I do and what is needed of me!

Nowadays, am pursuing management and business studies. This is perhaps the most exciting dimension of academics I have ever followed. I love economics and understanding business world.
4th August 2020, 11:20 AM
deepikapandey9999

Copper is harder than gold. Steel is harder than copper. Diamond is harder than steel. The point being, the term “Harder” is very relative.

It depends! It depends on your passion and love for something. I loved engineering thus its easy for me. I hated Biology, so I think medicine is boring and hard.

In general, engineering is more about concepts and understanding the logic. Medicine is more about your knowledge of what you have read. I am younger brother of a doctor. He advised me to study engineering and not medicine. In medicine you have to study a lot. A lot. I have seen his books of over thousands of pages and every course had three to four associated reference books.

Engineering was whole lot different game. I studied from what teachers taught in class and followed videos and lectures of my interest on internet. That was enough to make me a good engineer. Good at what I do and what is needed of me!

Nowadays, am pursuing management and business studies. This is perhaps the most exciting dimension of academics I have ever followed. I love economics and understanding business world.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?