24th February 2018, 01:08 AM
hubert dungdung

Failed English but passed all other subjects in 12th. Will I be awarded pass certificate?

I have failed in English in my Higher Secondary school board exams however, I have passed in all other remaining 5 subjects. Will I be considered and awarded the pass certificate for my board exams?

Related Questions:
  1. If I fail in 1 subject of ISC board exam, will I be awarded Pass Certificate for Science ISC 2018 exam?
  2. What happens if I fail in my 6th subject in 12th board and pass in rest of the subjects?
  3. Will I be declared Pass in 12th AHSEC if failed in 2 subjects but scored qualifying marks? -- [New]
  4. What is the procedure for admission for FYB.Com as Ex Student?
  5. Whether my CTET certificate is valid for recruitment of TGT English Teacher or not?
  6. Is it possible for me to give the 12th commerce after a long gap?
  7. Admission in Gargi college after 79% in PCB and English?
  8. Will I be considered as failed after failing in 2 subjects? What should I do after failing?
  9. Is readmission in BA Pass course at St Paul's college necessary after failing in two subjects?
  10. Am I eligible to apply for Graduation if completed 12th but failed in Mathematics?
  11. Will I be able to clear 12th NIOS if failed in 2 main subjects?
  12. What should I do if failed in 12th Commerce? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. What is the IPE weightage for BITSAT online exam?
  14. Procedure to apply for diploma in physiotherapy? What is the criteria followed to apply for the course?
  15. In how many subjects I can apply for retest if failed in 2 subjects of 12th CBSE? Does CBSE offer Grace marks?
  16. Am I eligible for BITSAT after scoring less than 80% in 2nd year intermediate and 85% in both the years?
  17. Am I eligible to get admission in 12th if I have failed in 11th standard? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. Nursing courses after passing 10th in Junagadh or Rajkot? I have failed in 12th science English Medium in 2 subjects
26th February 2018, 12:29 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Failed English but passed all other subjects in 12th. Will I be awarded pass certificate?

Since you have failed to pass in English which is language subject and hence not an optional subject so you will not be awarded the passing certificate even if you have passed in five subjects at your higher secondary school degree level as to get a passing subject you are required to have passed in language subject for sure.

So in order to qualify your Class 12th you will have to clear your English paper either by appearing in compartmental examination or by reappear in your Class 12th examination next year.
26th February 2018, 09:15 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Failed English but passed all other subjects in 12th. Will I be awarded pass certificate?

In order to get passing certificate of senior secondary board examination, a candidate must have passed in all subject of board exam.

You can not be awarded passing certificate because you have failed in English Subject.
26th February 2018, 09:35 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

No, you will not be considered as qualified in your 12th standard, if you have not qualified in English subject. You have to qualify all subjects of your 12th standard to be eligible to get pass certificate of 12th standard. So, I suggest you to reappear in supplementary examinations of English subject and get qualified, so, that you will get your 12th pass certificate.
26th February 2018, 10:07 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

According to my knowledge it is compulsory to pass in all papers. Without passing in each and every paper you are not considered pass and may face problem in further education or while jobs.
So you must have to write improvement exam and pass in that paper also.
15th March 2018, 12:35 PM
radha 2
Senior Member+

No, you will not be considered as qualified for 12th without passing all papers
To get certificate of 12th you must have passed in all subject of 12th board exam.
21st March 2018, 12:44 AM
sha2nk90

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubert dungdung View Post
I have failed in English in my Higher Secondary school board exams however, I have passed in all other remaining 5 subjects. Will I be considered and awarded the pass certificate for my board exams?
I am sorry but you will not be awarded pass certificate unless you pass all the 6 subjects.The exams are conducted to check your knowledge in each of the subjects , so you need to secure at least the minimum passing mark in every subject to get the Passing Certificate.
But you can appear in the compartment examination and if you manage to get the minimum marks to pass then you may get the certificate this year itself Else you will have to sit in the next year's exam to oass you secondary school exam.

Thanks.
21st February 2023, 02:19 AM
Unregistered

Can we give the compartments exam
24th February 2023, 07:39 PM
Unregistered

What if we failed in English subject but pass all subject in 12 class
28th February 2023, 07:21 PM
Unregistered

If i fail in english exam but pass in all other subject then for english compartment exam is there or not
1st March 2023, 10:33 AM
Unregistered

English subject fail but i pass mill English and other 4subject in 12th.will i be rewarded pass certificate?
22nd May 2023, 10:14 AM
Unregistered

Fail in English but pass 5 five subject will awarded
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?