26th January 2018, 10:21 PM
RATHINDAS02

Is readmission in BA Pass course at St Paul's college necessary after failing in two subjects?

My daughter failed in two subjects in BA 1st year result published yesterday. She passed in English securing 53% but in Political Science and Philosophy she got 19% & 18% respectively. How she will continue now? She is in St Paul's college under Calcutta University. Please advise me.

30th January 2018, 05:42 PM
sarita46
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Is readmission in BA Pass course at St Paul's college necessary after failing in two subjects?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RATHINDAS02 View Post
My daughter failed in two subjects in BA 1st year result published yesterday. She passed in English securing 53% but in Political Science and Philosophy she got 19% & 18% respectively. How she will continue now? She is in St Paul's college under Calcutta University. Please advise me.
There are two options available and you can choose either one of them that is first you can go for readmission in B.A course following the same procedure as you followed for the first time after your daughter passed 12th board. That means you need to again fill the form, wait for the merit list and then accordingly she will get the admission. Second option that you can do is that you can apply for supplementary examination. All you need to do is go to the College Street campus- Calcutta University, collect the form for supplementary exam which will cost Rs 25/- per form. Fill the form and then submit the form within the date mentioned and then your daughter can sit for the supplementary exam and this way she will not waste a year also.

You can go for any one of the option for your daughter.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?