21st June 2010, 06:31 PM
Unregistered

Which field will be the best for me after 12th between Defense and Engineering?

Sir i m a 12th sci student. In 11th i have scored 75%. I m going to appear in board exams this year. I wanted to know which field will be best for me after 12th. Whether DEFENCE or Engineering??

25th March 2011, 03:09 AM
sumit9897gaur

Default Re: Which field will be the best for me after 12th between Defense and Engineering?

first of all good luck for this year exams as you have done well in your 11th standard

if you really want to serve country in some dedicated and adventurous way than you can join defence field

which you can join by many ways it all depends on you if you have O.L.Q(officers like qualities) such as leadership,determination,confidence,a sound personality than you can surely make it to defence field

you can have these entry levels

1) appear for N.D.A exams which is held twice a year
2) you can directly get a call from S.S.B without giving any entrance exams by achieving more than 70% for army and 75% for indian navy in your Physics,chemistry,maths subjects
3) later on after graduation there is C.D.S.E exams held twice a year.
4) there are also various U.E.S(university entry scheme) after graduation.
5)also a NCC C certificate cadet can attend a direct S.S.B.

on the other hand if books are your only friend and you are good in solving numerical problem and want to stick to them with your whole life than cracking Jee is the best option or getting admitted in the top notch institute will also help you.

this all depends on you what you really are from both of above options .

good luck from my side
25th March 2011, 12:24 PM
sumit bhuria

Default Re: Which field will be the best for me after 12th between Defense and Engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir i m a 12th sci student. In 11th i have scored 75%. I m going to appear in board exams this year. I wanted to know which field will be best for me after 12th. Whether DEFENCE or Engineering??
listen man both fields are good and both are having their unique importance.if your math and physics are good then it is better for you to choose engineering as the courier because after engineering also you can join defense as a technical officer through UGC scheme
25th March 2011, 01:48 PM
sumitkumarsharma
Senior Member+

Wink Re: Which field will be the best for me after 12th between Defense and Engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Dear friend both field are good that's why you can choose any field............

but its totally depend on you in which field you are interested this is decided by you and only you think about this.............

because if you want to go in defense then you can go after engg. field also..........because for engg. so many vacancy is available in defense field..........

that' s why you should think about this in which field interested for you............

then you can decide because in both field scope is too much............

but you should try for ENGG. ONE time because you have good score in 10th...........

that's why you give to IIT,NIT, then you can join in it........because it is very reputed and if you go one time in this college then your life will be settle very happily..........
25th March 2011, 03:05 PM
HIMANSHU ADHIKARI

Hi

It is difficult for me to tell you to choose which career either defence or engineering .Actually it will be difficult for anyone to tell you to choose about the career because you know more about yourself than anyone.You have to decide yourself about the field you want to choose.You may ask few question to yourself like:-

1)-Why i want to join the particular field?

2)-Do I really want to do this thing ?

3)-Did I feel passionate about the career which I choose?

4)-Am I choosing the particular career because it fetch more money?

5)-Will I am be more happy after joining the particular career?

See choose the career which you really want to do with your both heart and mind,think about that calm mindly because only if you choose the field which you really want to do than in no time you will rich to the top of it or otherwise if you choose any career under pressure or because every one is doing it than you will not be happy and feel pressurised and bored about that and you will not do things from your full heart.
This is also the reason for why some people fail to get success in their work, they just get into the particular field because every one is doing that and after sometime they feel sorry about their choice.

So sit down and think calmly and deep mindly about it and soon you will found your way and you will become the history of the career you choose.

Below is the video URL for indian army career intro:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBiSI7XlY1Q

video URL for engineering career intro.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuXycH9N6Dg

Best of luck.
25th March 2011, 04:39 PM
tannu90

dear friend both fields are best bt in which u have intrested only that field are best for u think about it good luck
25th March 2011, 04:44 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Defense is a good option. But it will be good if you take a graduation degree too. You can join the defense if interested after that too. Also you will be joining at a junior post i.e. a jawan after 12th. But after graduation you can join at the officer level.
25th March 2011, 05:12 PM
sana hussain

Hiiii..... c i thnk u r havng vry well knowledge u can go for both...... but according to ur subject go for "DEFENCE" dis will b good for u....... N better u think more than twice for ur future n no one can say wat is ur feelngs towards which subject so no one can say exact about ur future so well n fine think more than twice for ur future studies n on which basis u will earn well n good through job............... ok thank u BEST OF LUCK......!!!!!
25th March 2011, 05:46 PM
rks@estate
Senior Member+

Hello,

Defense and Engineering both field are best and its depend upon your interest.

After 12th standard you can choose any one among Defense and Engineering.

But according to my point of view you can do Engineering after 12th standard then after completing your engineering, you can join Defence field.

All the Best
25th March 2011, 08:03 PM
kantatul

it is your choice.if you are physiclly and mentally strong then you can join defence service service. after 12 standard science student can join navy through SSB. through selection you enjoy free of cost education in top naval colleges sponsored by Indian navy . b.tech degree like naval architecture and other engineering branch . so go forward success is waiting you
25th March 2011, 08:33 PM
bhavna04
Senior Member+

Hello friend,

Its totally depend on you.

if you have interest in defence acedamy then please join it, if you have interest in maths then do engg.

Both fields are good .
25th March 2011, 10:31 PM
priyo06
Senior Member+++

Dear friend,

From your marks it is clear that you are a good student and for this matter i think you have to go in Engineering line.In future you will be succeeded in your life if you listen my words. After 4 years you will become an successful engineer.

Good luck
26th March 2011, 11:25 AM
Unregistered

engineering no doubt better option but competition and market up downs make it so uncertain .if you are mentally and physically strong then try for Indian navy engineering branch
16th June 2011, 04:40 PM
Unregistered

i want to enter in the defence? i have scored 62% in 12th? how much % s.sb need?
4th November 2011, 12:09 AM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: Which field will be the best for me after 12th between Defense and Engineering?

If you want to go for Defence services, you have to sit for NDA exam i.e National Defence Academy. If you crack that, then after a series of physical test and personal interview you can be a part of the Indian Army. They would provide you a year of training also, and then you would get a monthly stipend of about 7000-15000 INR. Thus you start earning in a way right after 12TH.

Otherwise if you opt for Engineering, its really hard work.

Study a lot, crack many entrance examinations and then get a seat somewhere. After that you have to study full 4 years, on completion of which you might get placed from you campus.

So.. NDA is not a bad option. Rest Govt. Of India would take care of your academics also.

So now you decide.
All the BEST

Regards.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?