22nd November 2011, 08:31 PM
Unregistered

How can I prepare myself after 12th to do defense service?

Hi I am SONIA I read in class 12th how can I prepared myself after 12th to do defense service.

7th December 2011, 01:22 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I prepare myself after 12th to do defense service?

Hello Friend,
For boys,
After +2 with PCM you can try by appearing for National Defenc Academy and Technical Entry Scheme. NDA is conducted twice every year by UPSC, +2 passed candidates from any stream and in the age group of 16 1/2 years to 19 years can appear for Indian Army wing of NDA, +2 candidates with PCM with minimum 60% can appear for Indian Navy and Indian Airforce. Refer the official website: http://upsc.gov.in
Candidates in the age group of 17 years to 19 years who have passed +2 with PCM with minimum 70% can appear for entrance test to get direct entry.
For girls
Minimum eligibility is graduation from any stream. You have to appear for Combined Defense Service Exams conducted by UPSC for Short Service Commission. On successfully passing you will be sent to Officers training Academy.
You can take few courses with institutions which prepare for competitive exams.Also keep yourself updated with current affairs.

Regards
18th July 2012, 12:09 PM
Neerajtiwari779

Hi frend,
As you are studing in 12th you have all the gates open for indian army. You can give NDA. The minimum elegibility is 10+2 with physics and maths. Age limit is 16 and half to 19 year. Also you have to be unmaried. Notification in this categary is given in march and october of every year.
In the training you have to spend 3year in NDA and 1 year in IMA.
Training acadmy is NDA Khadakwasla, Pune.

The other option you have after 12th is TES(Tec entry sceam) al the eligibility for this is same as above but you have to score 70% in 12th. You have to spend 4year in engg. and 1 year in IMA. Training acadmy is IMA Dehradun.

Good luck
19th July 2012, 10:50 PM
savan kumar chaitanya

For boys,
After +2 with PCM you can try by appearing for National Defenc Academy and Technical Entry Scheme. NDA is conducted twice every year by UPSC, +2 passed candidates from any stream and in the age group of 16 1/2 years to 19 years can appear for Indian Army wing of NDA, +2 candidates with PCM with minimum 60% can appear for Indian Navy and Indian Airforce. Refer the official website: http://upsc.gov.in
Candidates in the age group of 17 years to 19 years who have passed +2 with PCM with minimum 70% can appear for entrance test to get direct entry.
For girls
Minimum eligibility is graduation from any stream. You have to appear for Combined Defense Service Exams conducted by UPSC for Short Service Commission. On successfully passing you will be sent to Officers training Academy.
You can take few courses with institutions which prepare for competitive exams.Also keep yourself updated with current affairs.

Source: http://entrance-exam.net/forum/general-discussion/how-can-i-prepare-myself-after-12th-do-defense-service-474085.html#ixzz4OeqyNtdR
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?