8th September 2011, 12:37 PM
komaltiwari

In which fields are girls eligible in Army? What is the age limit?

hiiiiiii i m komal,
i wanna ask that what are the flieds are eligible for girls in the army and i m completing my 12th from science . and also plzzzzzzz tell the age limits in it.

thank you

regerds,
komal.

10th September 2011, 07:58 AM
jits
Senior Member++++

Default Re: In which fields are girls eligible in Army? What is the age limit?

There are three ways of entry for women as Officers in Indian Army.For all type of entries you need to have a graduation for sure.The type of entries are mentioned below:-

SSC Non-Tech Women:-You need to go through the CDS exam for this.This examination is held twice in a year.The notifications for the CDS examination is usually released around the months of March/April and September/October.Since it's a non technical course hence graduation from a recognized University is the eligibility criteria.
For more details go through the UPSC website-Click here

Short Service Commission Tech Women:-For this type of entry B.E/B.tech is must.The notifications are released by Additional Directorate General Recruiting / AG Branch in Dec/Jan and Jun / Jul.So,better go through B.E/B.tech after completing your 12th.

NCC (SPL) Entry Women:-The eligibility criteria is that candidate who have completed his graduation with LLB / LLM with 50% Aggregate marks, 2 Yrs service in NCC Senior Div Army with minimum 'B' Grade in 'C' Certificate Exam.

Only unmarried candidates can go through this examination and the age group for all the examinations mentioned above is from 19-25 years.The duration of training may vary based upon the course.For more details go through the following site
http://indianarmy.nic.in/Site/FormTe...D=LwoZAzlgsAg=
10th September 2011, 01:29 PM
Tulasinagababu

The options of joining in Indian Army are writing the entrance exams NDA,CDS.

For your information girls are not eligible to apply for these exams.Regarding these exams only unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply.

Both the NDA and CDS exams are India's defence service exams and these exams are conducted by UPSC(Union Public Service Commission).

The minimum qualification for getting in Indian army as far regarding NDA is a pass in +2 and regarding CDS it is a degree from a recognized university.

Although you have doing your final degree you cannot apply for these exams.

Female Candidates can apply for Short Service Commission Officers in the Education Branch of the Indian Navy.

Age. 21 to 25 years

Education Qualification:
Master’s Degree in one of the following with minimum 50% marks
Physics (with Maths in B.Sc.) , Maths (with Physics in B.Sc.), Chemistry (with
physics or Maths in B.Sc.), English and History.

PHYSICAL STANDARDS
(a) Height and Weight: Minimum height Male-157 cms, Female-152 cms with correlated
weight.
(b) Eye Sight: The minimum acceptable standard for distant vision 6/60, 6/60 correctable to
6/6, 6/12 with glasses. Should not be color/night blind.
16th May 2012, 01:08 PM
Unregistered

my question is the gilr who recently complete her bsc can she join the army,,??and which feilds are availible for girls?/
22nd May 2012, 09:07 PM
Unregistered

which feilds are availible for girls in army and what will br requirments for that
8th June 2012, 09:33 AM
Unregistered

I am a 12 th passed girl student and would like to join any of the stream of the services I am exceptionally good sports person, I would only like to apply at officer level please advise me how to go about

Bjagyashree
31st January 2013, 05:23 PM
Unregistered

HOW TO JOIN IN ARMY AFTER COMPLETING B.E?
20th September 2013, 11:25 PM
Unregistered

What are the fields in which gitrls are eligible in technical line in indian army???
15th May 2014, 11:30 AM
Unregistered

i'm a girl completed my 12 exm recently,i'm ready to work in any field of serivice.what should i do to join army? which course i want to take aftr my 12 ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?