23rd January 2016, 02:42 AM
Unregistered

Girls can join NDA from 2016?

Can girls candidates apply for NDA entrance exam in the 2016 I heard soem news that from 2016 they can join NDA?

23rd January 2016, 11:04 AM
sagarika 199193
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Girls can join NDA from 2016?

No. Girls are not eligible for NDA as per eligibility criteria of NDA. So , You can not apply for NDA as a girl.

Eligibility
- You must be unmarried male.
- You must have indian nationality.
- You must have passed (10+2) in any discipline for Army wing and (10+2) from science for Navy & Air Force wing.
- Your age must be between 16.5 to 19 years on 1st July of the examination year.

Registration Process
- Visit the site : www.upsconline.nic.in
- Click "Apply Online"
- Select "Application For NDA"
- Register Online
- Fill the Form Online
- Upload scanned Photo & Signature
- Pay application fee
- Submit the application
- Keep soft copy of application for your reference.

Exam Pattern

Paper I : Maths (300 Marks)
Algebra, Matrices & Determinants, Trigonometry, Analytical Geometry of Two & Three Dimensions, Different Calculus, Integral Calculus & Different Equations, Vector Algebra and Statistics & Probability.

Paper II : General Ability Test (600 Marks)
- English
- General Knowledge
- Current Events

Important Dates
- Starts of Online Application : 02/01/2016
- Ends of Application : 29/01/2016
- NDA Exam : 17/04/2016
23rd January 2016, 11:56 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can girls candidates apply for NDA entrance exam in the 2016 I heard soem news that from 2016 they can join NDA?
No, girls candidates can't apply for NDA I exam.

The candidate's who have completed the 12th standard from a recognized board or equivalent exam are eligible for NDA exam. Final year of 12th standard candidate are eligible for NDA exam.

Your age should be in between to 16.5 years to 19 years.

NDA Exam 2016 Important Dates

NDA Exam 2016 I Examination

Date of Notification – 2nd January 2016
Last date for filling application form – 29th January 2016
Examination Date –17th April 2016
NDA Exam 2016 II Examination

Date of Notification – 18th June 2016
Last date for filling application form – 15th July 2016
Examination Date – 18th September 2016
23rd January 2016, 01:44 PM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

NDA stands for National Defence Academy.
NDA examination is conducted by UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) twice in a year in month of April and September.
Eligibility to appear in NDA-2016 are
-Candidate must be citizen of India
-Candidate must have passed Higher Secondary Certificate examination from any recognized board with more than 60% marks in Science stream with the subjects Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English and any one extra subject.
-Candidates appearing in the Higher Secondary Certificate examination in 2016
-Candidate must be of age 16.5-19 years.

Only unmarried male candidates are allowed to appear in the NDA examination.

So, girls are not going to be a part of NDA-2016 and hence you will not be allowed to appear in the examination.
23rd January 2016, 02:10 PM
pabolu srivalli

Thumbs up Re: Girls can join NDA from 2016?

Girls can not appear for the NDA 2016 examination only boys who are un married only can appear for the NDA examination.NDA is the National Defense Academy examination which is the Defense services examination conducted by the UPSC and there are particular eligibility criteria to appear for the NDA examination and girls can not appear for the NDA examination.

Eligibility for NDA:
  1. Should have completed the 12th class with any of the subject for Indian Army and for Air force and Navy should complete 12th with Maths and Physics branches of study.
  2. Un Married Male candidates are only eligible to apply
  3. Should have born before 2nd July 1997 and not later then 1st July 2000 only can appear

These are the main eligibility criteria to appear for the NDA examination and as a girl you can not appear for the NDA examination
23rd January 2016, 02:32 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

The NDA exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission twice a year to give admission to students in Indian Army, Indian Navy and Indian Airforce.

The candidate must have done 12 from recognised board with non medical stream with at least 50% marks.

Only unmarried male candidates are eligible to appear in NDA 1 and NDA 2.

Age limit should be in between 16.5 to 19 years and no relaxation is given to reserved categories.
23rd January 2016, 04:33 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

According to me, girl candidates are not eligible to join National Defence Academy after plus two with non medical stream.
Only unmarried male candidates are eligible to appear in NDA 1 and NDA 2.
23rd January 2016, 11:28 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

No, girls candidates are not eligible to appear for NDA examination. NDA stands for National Defence Academy.

Only male unmarried candidates are eligible to appear for examination and age must be between 16.5-19.5 years with 10+2 from any recognised board.

But, if you are interested in joining the Armed forces you can appear for CDS after graduation degree. For more information about both NDA and CDS examinations visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
4th February 2016, 12:49 AM
Aria40
Senior Member+

NDA- National Defence Academy.

Girls Candidates are not eligible to apply for the NDA Entrance examination. Only unmarried mail candidates are eligible to apply.

National Defence Academy (NDA) examination is conducted twice in every year by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) named as NDA-I and NDA-II examination. NDA-I is conducted in the month of April and NDA-II is conducted in the month of August. Here i give you the details eligibility criteria for the NDA examination.

Eligibility Criteria for NDA Entrance Examination.
--> Pass 12th class from a recognize University. 12th board exam appearing student can also apply for the NDA examination.
--> The age must be between 16 1/2 to 19 years at the time of examination. Age relaxation is also applicable for the reserve category.

So, if you are a female candidates then as per eligibility criteria you are not eligible to apply for the NDA entrance examination. If you are more interested in the defence field then you can prepare for CDS examination which is also conducted by the UPSC in every year. For details visit - http://www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?