16th June 2011, 09:24 PM
saivarun allada

Got placed in Infotech after B.Tech. Want to study further but parents insist to write bank PO exam.What to do?

Hello sir,
I’ve just completed my B.Tech. I got placed in Infotech also. Now My parents are insisting to write bank PO exam. But I am interested to do further study (MBA or MTECH). My BTech aggregate is 75%. In which field I can rock?
Sir, please give me a good suggestion........

Related Questions:
  1. Is it a good choice to study Higher Education on part time basis after completion of BE with 73% having interest to earn money?
  2. Why do Poor always fail to Get a Study Loan or Entry In some Colleges?
  3. Can I write IBPS exam? I am interested in bank job
  4. Does Bank put conditions regarding repayment capability on parents under Education Loan Policy? -- [New]
  5. Can I get job in TCS, Wipro Infotech, L&T Infotech, Accenture, IBM and Infosys if having 4 years of work experience in Syntel?
  6. Am I eligible to attend L&T Infotech On-Campus Interview if secured 78% in 10th, 57.88% in 12th and 72% in B.E.?
  7. How to prepare for bank entrance exam? Is it compulsory to write the exam to get a job in the Bank?
  8. Am I eligible to write Bank PO and Bank Clerk exam after completing B.Com with 49% -- [Most Discussed]
  9. How to write Bank exam after doing BSc CS 2nd year
  10. Which is the best coaching institute in Chennai for SSC CGL preparation
  11. L&T Infotech or Huawei Technologies, which one to choose if got placed in both?
  12. Can I get job in L&T Infotech being a B.Tech Mechanical Engineer? Where is L&T Off-Campus Drive in Bangalore?
  13. How can I study BS in USA if having financial problems?
  14. How can I study B.Tech in Abroad if my parents are financially weak?
  15. Which Bank sponsor Education Loan of Rs. 8.5 Lacs to study in Newzealand if refused by SBI, Axis Bank, Vijaya Bank, UCO Bank and Bank of Baroda?
  16. Is it bad to study at night? Why parents scold for late night studying?
  17. Can I get jobs in IT after OCP certification? What are the prospects of jobs after OCP?
  18. Am I eligible to write Maharashtra PMT? My parents are from Maharashtra but I have done my study from 1st to 12th from MP
18th June 2011, 02:54 PM
melwynjensen
Senior Member+++++

Thumbs up Re: Got placed in Infotech after B.Tech. Want to study further but parents insist to write bank PO exam.What to do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saivarun allada View Post
Hello sir,
I’ve just completed my B.Tech. I got placed in Infotech also. Now My parents are insisting to write bank PO exam. But I am interested to do further study (MBA or MTECH). My BTech aggregate is 75%. In which field I can rock?

WHAT TO DO AFTER B.TECH???

You are facing the problem where every student face after finishing their bachelor's degree.... This is were you have to take the right decision because it is your future which you are going to face.

-> Now don't take the one which you are not interested in to do. I have heard from many of my friends saying that my parents told me to do this and that and finally they end messing up everything. So take the choice which you are confident and interested to do. In your case your parents are asking you to give Bank PO exam and if you are not interested in it just drop it and try to convince them with a good reason because again it's your future..

-> So now you have only two options where you have to take one either job or higher studies...

-> Congrats for being placed.. not everyone get this opportunity to get a job right after their studies.... So think well if you want to get some experience and then go for studies then job is the best choice to take.

-> Now with studies you should be sure of taking which course either MBA or M.Tech. This again purely depends upon your interest, as you have good aggregate ( 75 % ) in B.E am sure you will consistently do well in M.Tech course too, but if you think you don't need jobs in technical line but in business line then go for MBA..

-> Now a days many are doing PG first and then going for job, but if you ask me it will be good to have some experience in the field ( work ) and then going for studies, but again its your interest which matters.....

-> If you feel you will loose interest in studies after going for job then go for studies if not job comes in handy...

-> Am sure you will be thinking now "how to find my interest??", its just simple following your choice in which you feel comfortable in doing it...hope you got it..

-> Any more queries.?? just leave a post in our forum...
18th June 2011, 03:32 PM
sarawgi.ankit

Location: District & session court Dindori disst. Dindori (MP)
Question Re: Got placed in Infotech after B.Tech. Want to study further but parents insist to write bank PO exam.What to do?

Quote:
Hello sir,
HELLO ,

YOU SHOULD BE CHOOSE THOSE LINE WHICH YOU HAVE INTERESTED ......
IF YOU WILL DO SOME THING WITHOUT YOUR INTERST THAN YOU FIND SOME DIFFICULTIES ON THAT WORK......
SO BE FRANKLY WITH YOUR PARENTS AND SAY THEM THAT I M NOT INTERESTED IN BANK POs ...... YOU WANT TO DO MBA/M.TECH ......
.>> I THINK MBA AND M.TECH ARE ALSO DIFFRENT SO FIRST DECIDE THAT WHAT YOU WANT TO DO MBA OR M.TECH ......
18th June 2011, 04:09 PM
venkatgct

Default Re: Got placed in Infotech after B.Tech. Want to study further but parents insist to write bank PO exam.What to do?

Quote:
Hello sir,
friend,

It seems that ur parents are worried over the future of IT and the job security there as compared to the bank exam, where it is more secure...

It is ur duty to make them understand and tell them that the IT job is also secure and more money gaining than the bank exam...

Tel them that u wil surely succeed in the field of ur interest and also make them happy.

Pursue Mtech or an MBA and hav a bright future.....

regards....
18th June 2011, 04:24 PM
sandymishra45

Thumbs up Re: Got placed in Infotech after B.Tech. Want to study further but parents insist to write bank PO exam.What to do?

Try to convince them by giving them the surity of your futur.
Also give them the brief explanation of the oppertunity you are going to getting.
No parents want bad for there children.So they definately support you.

all the best
18th June 2011, 04:27 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Got placed in Infotech after B.Tech. Want to study further but parents insist to write bank PO exam.What to do?

hi dear,
parents are always well come to give advice
but now you are a mature person to take your own decision
so in my point of view what you decide to do
m.tech or mba
you do as your decision

yes,but one thing if your family condition is poor
then i advice you go for service what your parents suggest you....

GOOD LUCK............
18th June 2011, 04:42 PM
ricks2cool
Senior Member+

First of all congratulation for securing distinction in B.Tech & also for getting selected in Infotech.
Infotech is one of the best companies.

You are interested in studying further.
Both MBA & Mtech are best options to go for.
I would suggest you to do M.Tech as it will further enhance your knowledge & sharpen your skills in your field.

Besides that I would like to suggest you that don't choose your career based on what your parents , family & others want you to do.
Do what you are interested in ,so that you will be able to give your best shot.

Decide your career according to your interest .
As far as job is considered, you can easily get even better job with even higher package after completing your M.Tech.
So instead of doing job in infotech or applying for jobs in bank,do M.Tech that will be better.
18th June 2011, 11:31 PM
Ramjash
Member+

Quote:
Hello sir,
Dear saivarun allada,

In reply to your question it is informed that please give priority to your choice because you have already completed BTECH and got placement after spending valuable time and money which some one expact.

One other side please agree your parents and I believe thet will understand your situation with out any hesitation.

Regards,

Ramjash
19th June 2011, 08:15 AM
dineshpandiyan

Post Re: Got placed in Infotech after B.Tech. Want to study further but parents insist to write bank PO exam.What to do?

first of all what is your aim. you prepare for your future. if you are interested in studies to study further M.Tech.
21st June 2011, 04:02 AM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
see, you can excel yourself in a field only when you have the interest on that field.. if you don't have any interest in a field then you will never succeed on that field..
so, first convince your parents that whatever you want to do that is exactly wright, try to show them the future aspect of your decision,how you will get benefited by your decision..
try to convince them unless they agree with your decision.. do whatever you want, don't listen others.. now it is upon you whether you choose the correct path or not..

all the best..
19th July 2012, 02:00 PM
Unregistered

want to knw about the placement consultancies which can get me job in infotech as design engineer
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?