5th July 2010, 08:45 PM
chandu411

Government jobs for electronics and communication engineering students?

i have completed b tech in ece but i want to do job in govt sector plz give me some govt related jobs in india or specially in andaman and nicobar island...

Related Questions:
  1. Government job availability for Electronics and Communication Engineering Students with 65% aggregate?
  2. What are the Government jobs available for BE in Electronics and Communication Engineering + CCNA student? -- [New]
  3. Which exams to write to get in government jobs after B.Tech Electronics and Communication Engineering?
  4. Central or state Government jobs after an age of 30 and Engineering with Electronics and communication?
  5. Which branch has better job opportunities? What is the future of ECE or CSE?
  6. Job opportunities in Central Government for B.Tech(Electronics and Communication Engineering) 3rd year candidate?
  7. What jobs are available for electronics and communication students in power sector in government and private fields
  8. Government jobs for electronics and communication engineering students? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. How may I get government job information for diploma holders in electronics and communication engineering?
  10. After completing Electronics and Communication Engineering for which government jobs am I eligible to apply? Criteria for government jobs? How should I be updated about vacancies in government?
  11. Details of the entrance exams for different government jobs? What will be the salary?
  12. In which Government jobs am I eligible after completing B.Tech in ECE? Criteria for the government jobs? Which exams to appear for?
  13. What are the government jobs offered to Electronics and Telecommunication students passing out with 60% in final year?
  14. Government jobs in Electronics field after Diploma in Electronics & Communication?
  15. Which one is the best among ECE and MEC?
  16. Government jobs for Electronics and Communications Engineers: Companies and Procedures?
  17. How to get government jobs after doing electronics and communication?
  18. Information about central government jobs for electronics and communication engineering freshers?
6th July 2010, 10:00 AM
Kushagra Makin

Default Re: Government jobs for electronics and communication engineering students?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandu411 View Post
i have completed b tech in ece but i want to do job in govt sector plz give me some govt related jobs in india or specially in andaman and nicobar island...
You can look for government job and it is good that you are looking for Government job after completing your B.tech.

You can apply For Bank Clerical as well as Bank P.O. and look for other jobs also there are lot of options open for you.

You should look for electronic related field as you have good knowledge of electronic and communication.
6th July 2010, 11:55 AM
Shagun Makin

Default Re: Government jobs for electronics and communication engineering students?

Quote:
Dear Chandu if you are looking for government jobs your should look for Bank PO which is the best one.

There are many other jobs like you can give exam of BSNL etc.

You just have to study some more chapters that are included in these government exams.

This will help you a lot.
6th July 2010, 06:24 PM
Gop
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Government jobs for electronics and communication engineering students?

Hi,

You can write UPSC exam(IES to be specific) to Get into Govt Engineering service.

To my knowledge, You cannot choose the cadre like Andaman and nicobar island. Its based on your merit and vacancy available.

Go through the UPSC website and other Govt sites for more details.

All the best.
6th July 2010, 06:26 PM
Kushagra Makin

you can apply in IRS, ONGC, L & T.

you can visit its official websites and look for the procedure of off-campus recruitment. Ongc conducts its own written test and also call for interview on basis of GATE.
6th July 2010, 08:30 PM
garg.satish0
Senior Member++++

Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE ) has great scope in India as well as abroad .

So it won't be difficult for you do get a job in govt. sector as well .

For applying to it , you need to be very skilled and efficient in your field as their interview is very tough but if you have confidence in what you have studied and practiced than job will not be an issue ..

Too many job opportunities are available in northern and eastern India for ECE students but they are neverthless in Andamans as well .

For applying to the job , you need to submit placement papers and on the basis of that they will call you for the same .

And also various exams are held every year conducted by state public service commission (SPSC) and union public service commission (UPSC) for which you need to update yourself from "EMPLOYMENT NEWS " ..

The industries which can recruit you are Indian Telephone Industries, MTNL, Post and Telegraph Department, Defense, All India Radio, Civil Aviation Department, and many others.

The link http://www.upsc.gov.in/recruitment/recruitm.htm will be very helpful to you in this regard ...

Best of luck !!!
6th July 2010, 09:04 PM
gohan4

hi Chandu
ECE is very good tread you can easily get job in government sector as well as private
sectoe but you need good marks always keep in touch with employment news paper it will give you good information of government job

ec
6th July 2010, 09:25 PM
anupam kuruganti

Quote:
Dear Chandu,
You can go for BSNL, MTNL jobs which will be based on a written test and interview. They will give you good starting pay, you can lead a peaceful job also. There are lot many options for you in government sector please see employment news paper regularly so that you can know all the chances in government field. All the best.
7th July 2010, 12:06 AM
sparkle
Senior Member+++

Dear friend,

There are many good jobs in the Govt sector and as well as in the private sector for electronics engineers.

You can apply for the central govt jobs through the UPSC conducted IES exam.

After cracking the IES, you have to face personal interviews and then you will be posted in the particular department.

Also by giving the JTO exam you can get job as JTO in Indian Telephone Industries like BSNL,MTNL.

There are job opportunities in the Post and Telegraph Department, Defense, All India Radio, Civil Aviation Department, Indian Railways Co-ordination Department, National Physical Laboratory, Bharat Electronics Limited and many more.

So there are huge aspects of job in this field.

Good luck!
7th July 2010, 12:08 AM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear,
there have fiew Government jobs for electronics and communication engineering students.for electronics and communication engineering students the main jobs sectors are private.

perhaps for ece students jobs in the govt sectors are

1.indian oil corporation.
2.bharat heavy electronics.
3.bsnl.
4.mtnl
5.rail.
6.ntpc.
7.dvc.
8.indian defece.

all the best...
7th July 2010, 09:38 AM
nitishinmit
Senior Member+

hi friend
as you have completed your btech in electronics and communication engineering so you have a huge scope for doing the goverment jobs,the list of the govt jobs are as follow
1.B.S.N.L JTO
2.bharat heavy electricals
3.mtnl
4.indian railways
5.ntpc
6.all india railways
and many more for more detail please visit the following site
www.freshersworld.com
7th July 2010, 11:12 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
You can write UPSC or State Level PSC examinations to get into the government sector. Central and State government come out with notifications in leading Indian Newspapers about the vacancies that arise in these sectors.
7th July 2010, 02:47 PM
August
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Government jobs for electronics and communication engineering students?

dear friend

there are many govt.jobs and public sector companies those are recruiting students every year in a large no. of students.

u can join Indian railway, defense ,public sector companies like BSNL, ONGC,BEL,SAIL and many more.

so there are many chances 4 u.

all the best.
7th July 2010, 03:36 PM
kshitijawadhiya

Quote:
you can get job in bsnl very easily as it demands lot of ece engineers bu it is transferable job. so getting it fixed in that island is bit difficult
20th July 2010, 12:47 AM
saswat

Thumbs down Re: Government jobs for electronics and communication engineering students?

i want to know the dates of in which the forms of various govt. psu's going to be publish and also the list of exams
21st July 2010, 01:04 AM
Unregistered

which trade has good scope in government jobs either ECE or Mechanical Engineering?Please reply I am bit confused.
21st July 2010, 05:33 PM
Unregistered

By completing BE in electronics and telecommunication can i get job in any industry?
21st July 2010, 06:59 PM
Unregistered

am b.tech final year....(eee) sugg me govt. job na......plz
22nd July 2010, 12:08 AM
Unregistered

I m gaurav. I m persuing
23rd July 2010, 11:43 AM
Unregistered

this is ayanar. i have finished BE(ECE), DECE, ITI(Electrician) with first classes. i need a suitable job plz contact me
[email protected]
25th July 2010, 07:18 PM
M.dinesh019

Hello sir, i'm dinesh. . I'm doing my final year Engineering in electronics and communication , My date of birth is 04.05.1990. . Am i eligible for upsc exam 2011. Can i apply. I'm having the same doubt in BSNL JTO 2011 exam also. Pls help me. Waiting for ur kind reply. Thank you
25th July 2010, 07:26 PM
M.dinesh019

Hello sir, i'm dinesh. . I'm doing my final year Engineering in electronics and communication , My date of birth is 04.05.1990. . Am i eligible for upsc exam 2011. Can i apply. I'm having the same doubt in BSNL JTO 2011 exam also. Pls help me. Waiting for ur kind reply.:-):-):- ):-):-):- ):- ):- ):- ):- ): ):- ):- ):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-) Thank you :-):-):-):-):-):-)
28th July 2010, 05:24 PM
Unregistered

I doing B.Tech(E.C.E)final year(2007-2011) .Is it possible to apply for govt. job exam in this year before the final result of 8th sem?
30th July 2010, 02:28 PM
Unregistered

government jobs for mba(hr)finance background of bsc computer science
31st July 2010, 09:55 PM
Gop
Senior Member+

Arrow Re: Government jobs for electronics and communication engineering students?

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.dinesh019 View Post
Hello sir, i'm dinesh. . I'm doing my final year Engineering in electronics and communication , My date of birth is 04.05.1990. . Am i eligible for upsc exam 2011. Can i apply. I'm having the same doubt in BSNL JTO 2011 exam also. Pls help me. Waiting for ur kind reply. Thank you
Hi,
Yes. Obviously. You are eligible to appear for the UPSC CSE Examination 2011. On you completing the course with good percentage and without any Back logs, You become Eligible for the Examination.

Good Luck.
31st July 2010, 09:57 PM
Gop
Senior Member+

Arrow Re: Government jobs for electronics and communication engineering students?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I doing B.Tech(E.C.E)final year(2007-2011) .Is it possible to apply for govt. job exam in this year before the final result of 8th sem?
Hi,
No. It is not possible. You need to complete your graduation to be Eligible to appear for the UPSC Examinations.
Good Luck.
31st July 2010, 10:00 PM
Gop
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
which trade has good scope in government jobs either ECE or Mechanical Engineering?Please reply I am bit confused.
Hi,
Both Trades ,as in your words, are good considering Government jobs. With these courses, You obviously have optional subjects. Mechanical Engineering is a direct subject in Government Exams. You can take Electronics if you opt for ECE.

Good Luck.
31st July 2010, 10:02 PM
Gop
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by saswat View Post
i want to know the dates of in which the forms of various govt. psu's going to be publish and also the list of exams
Hi,
You can check with the UPSC website for all major Examinations for Entry into Government and defence jobs. You can also check the List of Exams here: http://www.upsc.gov.in/exams/

Good Luck.
3rd August 2010, 03:16 PM
Unregistered

i have completed B-TECH(I.T) in 2010 with distinction.i am searching for govt job. can u suggest a good govt job for me with details
of the job.
10th August 2010, 07:51 PM
Unregistered

how to prepare for government job after completing b.tech ECE................
11th August 2010, 03:06 PM
ravi k
Senior Member+

dear friend

u can apply in many govt. jobs after completion of your b.tech in ECE.

here is a list of FIELDS where u can apply

1.BSNL

2.DEFENCE

3.UPSC

4.SAIL

5.BEL

6.RAILWAY

and many more.

all d best.
12th August 2010, 02:50 PM
Unregistered

out of mechanical engg. and ece which tread has large number of seats in govt. sector
12th August 2010, 02:58 PM
Unregistered

is there any scope for ec engineers in automobile sector(companies like maruti, tata motors etc)
12th August 2010, 06:32 PM
Unregistered

may i got job in bhel bhopal,i am an ec engineer.please give me answer.
12th August 2010, 11:23 PM
kool
Senior Member++

dear friend, a lot of government jobs in different sectors are available after completion of B.Tech in ECE.
some sectors are:
1.indian oil corporation.
2.bharat heavy electronics.
3.bsnl.
4.mtnl
5.rail.
6.ntpc.
7.dvc.
8.indian defece.
9.UPSC
10.SAIL
11.BEL

kindly apply for it.
good luck.
13th August 2010, 01:12 AM
Sathishkannan

There are more opportunity for job for the electronic and communication engineers in the government manufacturing companies and most of the private electronic companies is has a bright future.
13th August 2010, 02:39 AM
adityabhushan

Quote:
dear,
you have done your b.tech.
you can apply in UPSC exam. here you can get more govt job and best of them.
here you can all type of govt sector job.
just try and prepare for it.
with best wishes.
aditya
13th August 2010, 04:07 AM
Rickers

Hello,

In govt. sectors you may apply in various department like

*JTO
*DRDO
*BSNL
*BHARAT ELECTRONICS
*BHEL

and many more.....
13th August 2010, 04:37 PM
bholag

dear friend,
Their are lots of government jobs for electronics and communication engineering students.
Electronics and communication has wide scope in both software as well as in core.
After completion of your course, you can sit for exam like IES,CDS and also in NETWORK exam like for BSNL for the post of JTO.
You can sit for the exam conducted by Indian railway for electronics and communication engineers.
13th August 2010, 05:38 PM
Somesh Goenka
Senior Member+++

Hello,

There is a huge demand for ECE engineers in both private as well as public sectors.
You can appearfor the IES exam and get placed in a government job acordingly.
If you are interested in a Railway job, yiu might be interested to give the RRB exam.

Also visit the UPSC portal for more details.

www.upsc.gov.in

Good Luck!
14th August 2010, 02:53 PM
Unregistered

could u tell the kinds of jobs indefence sector?
15th August 2010, 02:05 AM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Quote:
there are many government jobs available for electronics and communication engineers. Upsc conducts wide range of exams for that. Ies is one of them. You must keep checking employment news for all the details.
15th August 2010, 04:07 PM
ansh_ansh
Senior Member++++

Electronics and communication has wide scope in both software as well as in

core.

After completion of your course, you can sit for exam like IES,CDS and also in

NETWORK exam like for BSNL for the post of JTO.

You can apply for the central govt jobs through the UPSC conducted IES exam.

After cracking the IES, you have to face personal interviews and then you will

be posted in the particular department.
16th August 2010, 12:19 PM
cenaetion
Senior Member+

dear friend,

as u r a student of E.C.E u can get govt. jobs as well as private jobs.

u want to know the govt. jobs , u can give the GTO exam for going telecommunication field like BSNL..

there lots of govt. sectors like

1. BHARAT ELECTRONICS

2. BHEL

3. MTNL

4. RAILWAYS

all the best..
16th August 2010, 04:29 PM
srujan582

The various jobs foe ece
1) concurrent Tech India Pvt Ltd Bangalore Trainee Engineer (Hardware/Software) 2) Tata Consultancy Services Walk-In Tamil Nadu-other Freshers
3) Cognizant Technology Freshers 4) National Informatics Centre Delhi Scientist-C/ Scientific Officer/ Engineer-S
5) Great- West Life Bangalore Freshers in .NET & JAVA
16th August 2010, 11:59 PM
cenaetion
Senior Member+

dear friend,

as u r a student of E.C.E u can go for govt. sector jobs........

u can give network exams like BSNL for the GTO post...

u can sit in exams like BHARAT ELECTRONICS, NTPC

u can give govt. exams like UPSC.

ALL THE BEST...
17th August 2010, 09:52 AM
jomson varghese

Quote:
dear friend,
you just visit www.fresherworld.com then go to goverment jobs.there are lot of chance in ECE field..
WISH YOU ALL THE BEST
17th August 2010, 10:31 PM
Rickers

hello friend,

Yes you are eligible for govt. jobs having an engineering degree.
you can apply for indian engineering services(ies), UPSC exam, many space related exams, and many more.
good luck!!!
19th August 2010, 03:43 PM
Unregistered

hi ,this is abhishek mugali ,im persuing my engineering in electronics and communication branch from vishweswarya university belgaum(karnataka), im searching for govt jobs
19th August 2010, 09:03 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
you are searching a government job,you can apply those companies
There are many other jobs like you can give exam of BSNL,mtnl,ongc,L&t etc.
also you can apply in bank & railways.
or you can cheak out :www.yuvajobs.com/search_result_by.asp?...Electronics%20and%20Commun ication
best of luck
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?