29th January 2011, 07:03 PM
kheljit

GRE, MBA or GATE: better choice after B.Tech? Any other career options?

After b'tech many go for either MBA or appear GATE exam, a new career option has recently came GRE,with all these a b'tech degree holder finds it to be very confusing which option to choose.
So, sir my question is which will be the best option, and are there any other option besides these.I am studying in fourth semester electrical and electronics engineering (EEE) RIT, Kerala.

31st January 2011, 11:31 PM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: GRE, MBA or GATE: better choice after B.Tech? Any other career options?

hi..
it all depends on whether what you want to be in next five years or in your future,
for example if you want to stay in your area of specialization then it is better to do gate and go for m.tech from institutes like iit ,
or if you want to go to foreign and study from there then it is better to do gre and go for ms ,
but if you want to shift to management side then mba is the best option but its better to do from reputed institutes like iim,xlrior fms
all the best
1st February 2011, 02:12 AM
akki89

Default Re: GRE, MBA or GATE: better choice after B.Tech? Any other career options?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kheljit View Post
After b'tech many go for either MBA or appear GATE exam, a new career option has recently came GRE,with all these a b'tech degree holder finds it to be very confusing which option to choose.
So, sir my question is which will be the best option, and are there any other option besides these.I am studying in fourth semester electrical and electronics engineering (EEE) RIT, Kerala.
Dear friend,

When you are confused between the further studies option of GRE, MBA and GATE,always give preference to GRE and MBA over the GATE.

If you want to select one between GRE and MBA, I would like to ask you one
question here first. "Do you have interest in research or you just want to do further studies to get a better job?"

If you have interest in research than without even thinking go for GRE and if you want to get a great job in the financial sector then go for the MBA from IIM's or some other good B-schools.

Best Wishes...
1st February 2011, 05:35 AM
darsh13s

Quote:
Hello,
Whether it be GRE or GATE or CAT (for MBA) each have their own strongholds and advantages.

GRE (graduate record examination) is an entrance exam to get admissions in universities located at USA. Studying at US offers high quality of education & living with high prospect jobs.

Through GATE you an get into any of the IIT's which are premier institutes for engineering & technology. Our IIT's are world class & offer high profile jobs at engineering industry.

For MBA you have to write CAT. Our B-Schools.. the IIM's are few of the best worldwide. You have an opportunity to explore the management skills here.

In the end it all comes down to your interests. You still have time to complete your graduation. Decide on what you want and where your interests lie.
Good luck
1st February 2011, 06:01 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

GATE is basically for candidates who would like to go in for M.Tech in India. If you would like to go for a M.S. course in the US then you need to appear for GRE. However if you would like to go for MBA then GMAT is the exam which you should take. In India you need to appear for exams like CAT, XAT etc. You need to decide which of these courses interests you and prepare accordingly.
1st February 2011, 01:44 PM
sparkle
Senior Member+++

Dear friend,

The answer to all of the questions and confusions is up to you, which career path you prefer after B.tech.

Yes, of course with so many career options students get confused, but the intelligent students decide what they really want to do next rather being confused.

If you have zest for your subject and eagerness in your graduation papers you can surely opt for M.Tech as further course.

Otherwise, go for am MBA,with promise of making quick money or also go for GRE, if you want to study abroad.

So choice is all yours, which field you would like to choose as further study area.

All the best!!
3rd February 2011, 03:23 PM
Unregistered

sir,i m persuing b.tech with ec branch. I want to earn like mba students but without going astray from my stream. Plz suggest me the path .
5th February 2011, 12:40 AM
Unregistered

i would advice you to choose based on your interest
suppose ur interested in going abroad and making money then u can go for gre
if u want to continue in ur branch and develop it then go for gate and
if u want to shift ur side into mba to be on safe side then go for cat
9th February 2011, 06:21 PM
diego
Banned

Well dear friend
first of all the GRE and GMAT are pathways to different kinds of career.
GRE take you to MS degree courses.. it is accepted all over the world in US Europe etc.
GMAT is the gateway to MBA colleges... taken especially for Getting admission to US B-schools Harward wharton stnaford kellogg etc. and in europe INSEAD HEC Oxford LSB etc.
Now which one you want to take depends totally on your career choice .. both of them are a good way of going abroad and getting good high paying jobs.
However further success in career will come only when you follow your interest.
So whichever field you like more... you should take that.
Many time people Do MS to finally gain entry into top MBA schools.
i.e GMAT After GRE.
though questions asked are elementry None are too easy... and the study costs are high
so if you have deep pockets or are confident of scholarship only then go for them.
11th February 2011, 07:58 PM
shiraj
Senior Member+

Hello,

You don't have to get confused.GATE exam is conducted for the students for admission in IIT in India for M.Tech and if you want to go for M.S in abroad than you can go for GRE.Its a gate for you to go abroad getting scholarship.You can decide which one will be best for you in accordance to your course of interest.
14th March 2011, 12:03 PM
Unregistered

still i m confuse bcoz same position here
14th March 2011, 10:53 PM
shahul1423

gate will fetch you to go for higher studies m.tech.my advice is to take mba.because after completing m.tech you get abetter job.but by doing mba in reputed institutions like iim,iipm,you get high salary than m.tech.better to take cat exam.
15th March 2011, 03:06 PM
vikas9862638964

gre.m.tech or mba

for better salary or marketing field you should choose mba,or for reserch in india or for technical field you must choose gate or if you want to go outside opr aboard the must5 take gre.
8th April 2011, 11:54 AM
Unregistered

wt are the career options after completing b.tech from ec branch, i need some uncommon optionss..
17th April 2011, 06:07 AM
AYUSH KUMAR YADAV
Senior Member+

Hi friend,
first of all the GRE and GMAT are pathways to different kinds of career.
GRE take you to MS degree courses.. it is accepted all over the world in US Europe etc.
GMAT is the gateway to MBA colleges... taken especially for Getting admission to US B-schools Harward wharton stnaford kellogg etc. and in europe INSEAD HEC Oxford LSB etc.
Now which one you want to take depends totally on your career choice .. both of them are a good way of going abroad and getting good high paying jobs.
However further success in career will come only when you follow your interest.
So whichever field you like more... you should take that.
Many time people Do MS to finally gain entry into top MBA schools.
i.e GMAT After GRE.
though questions asked are elementry None are too easy... and the study costs are high
so if you have deep pockets or are confident of scholarship only then go for them.
all the best
8th May 2011, 08:00 PM
Unregistered

i m doing b.tech in chemical engineering , first year?i want to go for mba after b.tech .. is it good to do mba for a chemical engineer? plz answer
8th June 2011, 06:56 PM
Unregistered

It is depend upon your mind.
If u want to make a high money, and a high post for a standard co. , then now u r in right path.
But, try to enter IIM( or Higher Institute like stanford univ) for better job.
Remember , MBA from those Institute makes u ,a busy person than respect.
gd lack.
13th June 2011, 05:36 PM
Unregistered

what course can i take after gre? Do US institutes offer ms phd or only ms? Can i go to a foreign university only for m.s. for two yrs? Is it necessary to do phd after ms abroad?
9th July 2011, 03:00 PM
Unregistered

im doing my 4th yr engg in a deemed university, actualy i want to do mba in kerala in mg university. is it possible???????
23rd July 2011, 04:35 PM
Unregistered

bettter choice for production engineer?
13th August 2011, 09:20 PM
btcs11

the choice purely depends on your interest. various higher studies courses are:

MBA: MBA has great value if you do in institute like IIMs. you can write CAT exam for MBA admission.
MS: MS will also fetch you good job opportunities. for which you need to study in top foreign universities. to get MS admission you can try with your GRE score.
M.Tech: it does not have value equivalent to MBA or MS. but still M.Tech is a good course when you do in good institute. you can write GATE exam for M.Tech admission in top institutes like IIT.
all 3 courses have good value in different ways. so choosing a course among these depends on your interest and future dreams.
Gud Luck
14th August 2011, 09:00 PM
ammajii

Hi dear,

The answer to all of the questions and confusions is up to you, which career path you prefer after B.tech.

Yes, of course with so many career options students get confused, but the intelligent students decide what they really want to do next rather being confused.

If you have zest for your subject and eagerness in your graduation papers you can surely opt for M.Tech as further course.

Otherwise, go for am MBA,with promise of making quick money or also go for GRE, if you want to study abroad.

So choice is all yours, which field you would like to choose as further study area.

Thanks
14th August 2011, 09:33 PM
ammajii

Hi dear,

Thanks
15th October 2011, 07:40 PM
raju bhai

GRE (graduate record examination) is an entrance exam to get admissions in universities located at USA. Studying at US offers high quality of education & living with high prospect jobs.

Through GATE you an get into any of the IIT's which are premier institutes for engineering & technology. Our IIT's are world class & offer high profile jobs at engineering industry.

For MBA you have to write CAT. Our B-Schools.. the IIM's are few of the best worldwide. You have an opportunity to explore the management skills here.

In the end it all comes down to your interests. You still have time to complete your graduation. Decide on what you want and where your interests lie.

thanks
14th December 2011, 05:13 PM
Unregistered

hi m doing be production engg....in case of mba....what would be my designation in the company....ll i be able to work
in technical side???
14th December 2011, 06:03 PM
jayparikh

Thumbs up Re: GRE, MBA or GATE: better choice after B.Tech? Any other career options?

Quote:
What after engineering?

Hi kheljit,

It is not that confusing , I am sure after reading this answer, you yourself will be able to select one.

I am showing feature of each and every as below:-

GRE:-

-"Graduate Record Examination"

-It is to pursue M.S. out of India like U.S , Germany etc.

-Will be able to do job simultaneously with study.

-Research opportunity is excellent

-It is Internationally valid degree.

-Exam for this taken many times in a year , you need to take date for your exam online.

GATE:-

-"Graduate Aptitude test in engineering"

-It is to pursue master in engineering(M.E/M.Tech) in India.

-Exam for this is conducted jointly by 7 IITs and IISc every year in the month of February.

-If you get admission in good university, you will get plenty of opportunities.

-To become lecturer in any college,this will be helpful.

-You will also get stipend for teaching B.E students , simultaneously with pursuing your masters, if you go in good college.

MBA:-

-"Master of Business Administration"

-A person from any background can pursur MBA , only graduation is basic requirement.

-Some of the exam in which ,you can appear is CAT, MAT, XAT , SNAP , GCET, CMAT etc.

-If you get into good colleges, you will get very high package at the end of your course.

-Demands of good managers are everywhere ranging from small organization to the larger one.

-You yourself can become entrepreneur after doing this course.

Other option you may consider:-

-I.A.S

-I.P.S

-I.R.S

-Bank sector

-Post office

-RBI officer

-Indian Navy

-Supervisor at ITI

Choose any of the above field according to your interest.

Post here if you have any query with details.

Hope now you will be able to choose the field on your own.

Best of luck

regards.
14th December 2011, 07:45 PM
priyo06
Senior Member+++

Quote:
dear friend,

There are so many paths after B.Tech. You can choose any one of the following :

1. M.Tech.
2. M.B.A.
3. M.C.A.
4. M.Phil
5. P.hd.
6. C.S.
7. C.A.
8. G.R.E.

Most of the students are confused about where they will go to make their carrier. They are completely confused themselves. They don't know where to go by which they make their life.

All these are very good option and you can choose any of them and then go for it.
Some important points i want to suggest you is that :

-> If you have good aggregate in your carrier and want to continue study
with your subject then go for M.Tech, MCA, P.hd, M.Phil etc.

-> But you want to get quick job like sectary of a company then go for CS.

-> If you want to choose management in your carrier then go for MBA.

-> But if you want to change your subject then CA.

So choose any of the one.

all the best.
14th December 2011, 07:52 PM
nikeetaa muthiyan

Quote:
So, sir my question is which will be the best option, and are there any other option besides these.I am stuying in fourth semester electrical and electronics engineering (EEE) RIT, Kerala.
Hello friend,
The career is depends on your own interest.
If you want to do specialization then go for GATE and apply for M.tech.
If you want to study in abroad then go for GRE and do MS.
But doing management is always better if you want the job in IT sector in India.If you are interested in management then definitely go for MBA.Doing MBA in HR have the great scope.

Best Of Luck !!!
14th December 2011, 10:37 PM
susmitarani sethi
Member+

hi..
it all depends on whether what you want to be in next five years or in your future,
for example if you want to stay in your area of specialization then it is better to do gate and go for m.tech from institutes like iit ,
or if you want to go to foreign and study from there then it is better to do gre and go for ms ,
but if you want to shift to management side then mba is the best option but its better to do from reputed institutes like iim,xlrior fms
all the best
16th December 2011, 04:41 PM
Unregistered

HELOO..
I M IN 6TH SEMESTER (MECHANICAL BRANCH)

MY QUES IS
THE PREPARATION OF GRE AND GATE ARE SIMILAR OR CHANGE
18th March 2012, 12:17 PM
Unregistered

sir i m persuing btech in ec branch(4th sem).....i m totally confused between gate and cat...plz hellp me sir..............
23rd May 2012, 08:45 PM
Unregistered

hello sir, as a girl which option is best mtech or mba, but i want to do mba from banasthali university, is mba from banasthali will be benificial
21st June 2012, 10:04 PM
navjotsidhupamal
Senior Member++

hello friend...!!
1.this whole depends upon you that how much you work hard and how much you are intelligent.
2.if you want to do M.TECH in India then go for GATE.
3.if you want to go abroad for M.TECH,then go for GRE.
22nd June 2012, 07:41 PM
GURINDER BILLING

hi...!!!
1.All this depends upon your interest and how much you work hard and how much you are intelligent.
2.if you want to do M.TECH in India then go for GATE.
3.if you want to go abroad for M.TECH,then go for GRE.
4.if you want to do MBA in India then go for CAT.
5.if you want to do MBA in India then go for GMAT .

so think and take the decision ...all the best...
31st July 2012, 10:33 PM
savan kumar chaitanya

Good luck
15th September 2012, 12:41 AM
Unregistered

is doing mba after .tech is usefull...???
6th September 2013, 07:23 PM
Unregistered

hello sir/madam,
iam btech 3rd year student(ece) i would like to know after my b tech if i take up a software job for 1 year and and then go for m tech in my field of education...
25th December 2013, 11:17 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
I feel it depends on your financial conditions and capability. If you want to do MBA with IIM ( Others are not more valuable) then you've need more finance and it may best combination or option in services as a managment post, where u can enjoy your job. Secondly, if you want M.tech then u've options very limited as a lecturer or researcher. About GRE u can take admissions in abroad in few selected countries & universities. where u need more investment. If your financial positions do not allow further study u may go with service first for at least 2-3 years and then u can do MBA, GRE or GATE.
21st June 2014, 01:48 PM
Unregistered

Hello All,

If i have interest in the Technical field. And want to work in the envoiment like MBA people get..
What should u do for that...
Is this opportunity is available in GATE
8th January 2015, 10:23 AM
Unregistered

sir
wch among gate and gre is really beneficial. coz if v write gate and dnt end up wit IITs dn wtz de use . so plz answerd z question
28th June 2015, 01:14 AM
Unregistered

Hello sir!
I am 3rd year student of Electrical Engineering,when i am working on my project at that time i'm interested in new innovation/creation ,but in vacation or looking of mba person iwant to do MBA
11th September 2015, 11:23 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir I'm 3rd year student of electronic engineering. I want to opt for GRE to do ms in my core subject.My question is why many people shift to IT and software sector?What are career opportunities and future growth salaries in electronics sector?
12th September 2015, 12:58 PM
dinesh the king

Sir,The answer for your question will only depend on your interest and financial status.
See after b.tech so many people will write gate because the people who decided to enhance their skills in their respective fields they chose this opyion because using gate you can join m.tech or else you can government jobs.
And second option i.e, M.B.A the people who will choose this option want to build an organisation or an business or entrepreneur.
and third option is G.R.E the people who have money and want to go abroad to enhance their skills they will choose this option
ALL THE BEST
12th September 2015, 02:25 PM
Rashmuu

MBA and M.tech both are the good course. MBA course is related to the business and administration world. M.tech course is quite technical section course.

Since you have completed your graduation as engineering which is in the Tech. Area so you must go for the M.tech course. For the admission in good and reputed engineering colleges you can appear in the GATE exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?