29th April 2014, 09:01 PM
Unregistered

Is GRE better or GATE for studies in Germany being financially weak?

Please anyone help me out bcoz im in the confusion to take gre or gate exam .as i am mechanical student our lecture told that its better u do ur higher studies in germany but financially we are so weak .then someone will tell that take gate it will be better for ur carrier .
One thing im not understanding that if i write gre what sure i will get schlolorships and by concentrating on gere if i get less score in gate means what i have to do
so anyone guide to write gre or gate .................................

Related Questions:
  1. What's the eligibility criteria for doing MS(Mechanical engineering) from Germany? How may I get details about admission procedure and scholarship available? How much score is required in GRE and IELTS for getting scholarship?
  2. How may I get the details like admission procedure, cut off marks, list of the colleges, scholarships etc for MS(in mechanical) course from Germany? Is it necessary to write both GRE and IELTS exam?
  3. How can I do MBA in Germany? Is it compulsory to write GRE or IELTS? I'm doing B.Tech and have 65% marks till now
  4. Which is required to study masters in Germany IELTS or GRE?
  5. Percentage needed to get MS in Germany? Which exams should we write other then GRE?
  6. Why all people are going to US for higher studies? What's the special in US? What are the courses offered under MS? Pursuing MS degree from Germany is good?
  7. List of good universities for MS in Germany, I can apply for with my GRE score 292/340? I've done B.Tech(ME) with 62.5% marks
  8. Which courses to opt after B.Tech? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. Should I pursue MS from Germany or should I write GRE? I have done my B.Tech with 75% marks
  10. How to study in Germany? I am studying B.E Mechatronics
  11. Which exam to answer to do MS in Germany, TOEFL, GRE, ILFS?
  12. Among IELTS, GRE and TOEFL which exam is required for pursuing MS in Germany?
  13. How much amount is to be paid to pursue MS in Germany through GRE?
  14. What's the eligibility for doing MS in Germany after completing B.Tech(India)?I've secured 55% marks in B.E(mechanical engineer)
  15. How to pursue MS in germany after finishing B.Tech with 70.40% and 6.5 score in IELTS? Procedure to apply in germany?
  16. How can a candidate not having good GRE score, apply for M.S in Germany?
  17. Can I do MS in Germany after passing IELS exam? Is GRE needed? What is the exam portion?
  18. Is it possible to prepare for Civil Services Exam in a proper way while doing Job?
6th May 2014, 01:18 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is GRE better or GATE for studies in Germany being financially weak?

There is a huge difference between the two. GATE is an entrance exam which is for higher studies after B.Tech/ B.E like M.Tech/ M.E in India. On the other hand, GRE is an entrance exam which is primarily for foreign universities in order to pursue post graduation in foreign countries.

Germany is indeed one of the best places of study in Mechanical field. Most of the universities in Germany do not charge any tution fees. SO the education cost in Germany is quite cheap. You can also get scholarships from the institutions and can also take education loan from Indian banks to facilitate your studies and living in Germany.

You should start preparing for both GRE and GATE. There is huge competition in both and both require core knowledge. So prepare both, hopefully you will qualify both and then can choose accordingly. Otherwise you can go for M.Tech in IITs and NITs through GATE exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?