10th August 2017, 11:18 AM
Unregistered

Height criteria to join Indian Army? When to apply for it?

Hello sir, I have passed 12th and my height is 5.4 fit. I want to join Indian Army. Please tell me am I eligible to join Indian Army? When I can apply for it?

Related Questions:
  1. What is the minimum height required for Indian Army? Can I join with 162 cms of height?
  2. What is the minimum height required to join the Army? How can I apply for the same?
  3. Can I join Indian Army with 5 feet height? -- [New]
  4. Eligibility criteria in Indian Army for B.tech, female, age 21, height 149cm, eye-sight correction -1.50?
  5. Am I eligible to join Army if I have height 170 cm?
  6. Whether girls can join Indian Army or not? For which post a girl can apply?
  7. Can I join Indian Army as an Army Officer after having a height of 167 cms?
  8. What is the height required to join as a Nurse in Indian Army?
  9. Am I eligible to join Indian Army as a Clerk if I have scored 45 percent in intermediate from Bihar board?
  10. Can I join Indian Army being a candidate with a height of 5 Feet and 5 inches?
  11. What is the qualification and Physical criteria required to join the Indian Army? What is the age limit to apply for the Indian Army?
  12. Am I eligible to join Indian Army after completing 12th science with 50%? Minimum and Maximum height required to join Indian Army?
  13. Scope for computer engineer in Indian Army? How can I prepare for Army?
  14. Am I eligible to join Indian Army after completing 12th Arts with 50%? Minimum and Maximum height required to join Indian Army?
  15. How to join Indian Army after 10th? Does height matter in becoming an Army Officer? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. What is the CDS eligibility criteria? I want to join Indian Army
  17. How can I join Indian Army after class 10th?
  18. Can I join Indian Army after scoring having a height of 171 Cm and weight of 69 Kg
10th August 2017, 09:05 PM
Badtameez Dil
Senior Member++

Default Re: Height criteria to join Indian Army? When to apply for it?

Let me tell your height in inches first then in cms:

As mentioned, your height is 5 feet and 4 inches which is 5*12+4 and is 64 inches and in one inch is 2.57 cms then your height is 164.48 cms. The minimum height required for NDA I in 2017 was 157 cms for Indian Army and 162.5 cms for Air Force.

Your age should be within 16.5-19.5 years to apply for NDA exam. For Indian Air Force, Mathematics and Physics is necessary. The last date to apply for NDA II is over now. You should wait for notification of NDA I of 2018.
10th August 2017, 09:08 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

After 12th you can join Indian Army through NDA entrance exam which is conducted by UPSC twice in a year. Age limit should be in between 16.5 to 19 years and there is no relaxation in upper age limit provided to reserve students. Only unmarried male candidates are eligible to appear in NDA entrance exam. For male candidates minimum height required is 163 cm and for female candidates it should not be less than 158 cm.
10th August 2017, 11:38 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

The notification for NDA exam to join Indian Army is released in the month of March. The exam held in the month of April.

Minimum height required for boys to join Indian Army is 163 CM.

Minimum height required for girls to join Indian Army is 158 CM.
11th August 2017, 07:08 PM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello sir, I have passed 12th and my height is 5.4 fit. I want to join Indian Army. Please tell me am I eligible to join Indian Army? When I can apply for it?
Candidate after 10+2 as you want to join Indian army then best procedure to apply for the Indian army is through NDA (National Defence Academy) exam. Candidate NDA exam is carried out twice in a year by UPSC. Here below are details regarding NDA exam:-

Eligibility Required:-

>> Minimum qualification for NDA exam is 10+2 from government recognized board.

>> Age limit to apply for NDA exam is 16.5 to 19.5 years.

>> Applying candidate must be Indian citizen.

>> Applying candidate must be unmarried.

>> Candidate must be physically and mentally fit.

>> Candidate must have good eye sight and free from any kind of eye defect.

>> Minimum height requirement is 157cm.

Exam Details for NDA :- There are two papers in written exam:-

Paper I:- Based on mathematics subject and carries 300 marks. Duration of exam is 2 hours and 30 minutes.

Paper II:- Based on English (Carries 200 marks) and General knowledge(Carries 400 marks). Exam carries total of 600 marks. Duration of exam is 2 hours and 30 minutes.

>> For more details and apply online please visit www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?