3rd October 2012, 02:36 PM
sachuvinodcpa

What shall I do to become an IAS Officer being a candidate pursuing 3rd year of B.Com course?

Sir iam now in B.COM 3rd year. i want to be an IAS officer. What i do next?

Related Questions:
  1. What steps should I follow to become an IAS Officer being a candidate pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech in EEE?
  2. How can I become an IAS officer? I am a 3rd year student pursuing B.E
  3. Which subjects to choose for IAS Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year BA?
  4. How to join as Custom Officer being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Com?
  5. Which books should I refer for IAS exam? I am pursuing B.Tech 3rd year
  6. How to apply for IAS Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year BE in Civil?
  7. List of coaching classes in Allahabad for preparation of IAS exam? Pursuing B.Com helps me for IAS exam? -- [New]
  8. What to do to become an IAS being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Com?
  9. How to become an IAS Officer being a candidate of pursuing 2nd year ECE?
  10. Which Books shall I refer to become an IAS Officer being a candidate pursuing 1st year of BA course?
  11. How to start preparation to become IAS Officer being a candidate of 3rd year B.Tech?
  12. How to prepare for IAS Exam being a candidate pursuing 1st year of Engineering in IT stream?
  13. What to do to become an IAS officer being a candidate of pursuing 1st year B.Tech? Competitive books to prepare for IAS Exam?
  14. What shall I do to become IAS Officer being a candidate of pursuing 1st year B.Com?
  15. How can I become an IAS officer? I am pursuing Physiotherapy
  16. How to prepare for Civil IAS after pursuing B.Tech 3rd year
  17. How should I start preparation for IAS Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. Is there any training course while pursuing B.Com 3rd year?
3rd October 2012, 05:45 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What shall I do to become an IAS Officer being a candidate pursuing 3rd year of B.Com course?

IAS means Indian Administrative Service. It is very essential part of governance in India. The exam to recruit IAS officer in India is called Civil Service Service. It is a annual exam that is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission.

The IAS officer has wide range of responsibility. It includes implementing government policies . The IAS officer has to ensure that public fund is being used properly and there is no irregularity.

IAS officer consistently has to travel places where government schemes and policies are being implemented just to ensure that things are going smoothly. IAS officer also plays important role during the local elections. The law and order becomes one of his main concerned during the elections.

During the floods IAS officer has to play the role of eyes and ears of government. He will provide input related to ground conditions and would also give suggestions to the state government. Same thing is done during earthquake and drought.

Since you are in 3rd year of graduation, you should start preparing for the Civil Service Exam. However you will only be able to take the exam after completing the graduation. Make sure you balance out B.Com studies and IAS exam's preparation.

You will have to meet the following requirements to appear for Civil Service Exam.

1. You must be of Indian origin.

2. Graduation degree in any stream from recognized college in India.

3. Your age should be between 21 to 30 years.

4. The age limit for OBC is 21 to 33 years.

5. Candidates from SC/ST get 5 years relaxation in upper age limit.

Exam Pattern

1) Preliminary Exam

2) Main Exam

You first need to give the preliminary exam which is a qualifying exam to appear for main examination. There are two papers in the Preliminary exam while in the Main exam there are 9 papers. After passing both the exams you will have to appear for Interview.

Number of Attempts

General - 4

OBC - 7

SC/ST - There is no limit.
3rd October 2012, 06:12 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What shall I do to become an IAS Officer being a candidate pursuing 3rd year of B.Com course?

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service and to become an IAS officer one has to crack Civil Service Exam by applying and appearing it conducted by UPSC once every year.

To be eligible to apply for IAS Civil Service Exam, one must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.

As you are pursing 3rd year B.Com. course, in the final year B.Com. course you can apply for Civil Service Exam.

The selection is through three phases:-

-CSAT - Civil Service Aptutude Test - Preliminary Exam

-Civil Service Main Exam

-Personal Interview

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
3rd October 2012, 08:39 PM
Ravinder.Singh.Jasrotia

Friend,

-- IAS means Indian Administrative Service. The post of an IAS is quite reputed, challenging and provide job satisfaction.

-- Being a IAS officer is a matter of proud.

-- You are presently not eligible for IAS examination until you completed your graduation which is the required minimum educational qualification.

-- You must start your preparation for IAS examination by making a balance in current study of graduation and IAS exam preparation.

--You are required to be update with latest events of national and international level. For which you should keep touch with News Channels on TV and newspapers.

-- You should also regularly study the following monthly magazines mentioned below:
# Competition Success Review
# Pratiyogita Darpan

-- You should focus also on general studues by making emphasis more on the subjects like history, geography, economics, general science, Indian polity etc. You can also take the help of book Arihant's General Knowledge.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?