2nd January 2013, 12:37 PM
Unregistered

How to apply for income tax officer exam?

I am Bojamma P.K studing my 2nd year b.com in vidyaashram. can i apply for the exam in 2013 or should i complete my degree and then apply? how should i prepare for the exam? i would like to take the coatching. If u could plz tel me about the coatching i will be very thank full. This is my e-mail address - [email protected] Thank u

17th March 2013, 06:06 PM
shrijan1990

Default Re: How to apply for income tax officer exam?

hy,
The examination contains the selection procedure which are to be followed for appearing to this examination and the examination contains...
*Preliminary Examination
*main Examination
Prelims contains the General Awareness and the Arithmetic part of study....
Mains contains the course like
*General Studies
*English
*Arithmetic
* Language
*Communication skills
These are the examination pattern which are to be followed for appearing to the Income tax officer examination...

Educational qualification required:-You must be graduation pass out from any stream.
Age details:-You should have a minimum age of 18 years.

Percentage of marks required:-You should have a minimum of 50% marks in your graduation.
18th March 2013, 07:18 PM
kshreyaa
Senior Member+

Default Re: How to apply for income tax officer exam?

Income Tax Officers Recruitment 2013 – 41 Vacancies

Income Tax DepartmentIncome Tax Department is very popular amongst the job seekers as it is big recruiter of tax assistants, income tax officers and clerks in all over India. Income Tax department has various offices/branches in all over India and it is operated by the central Government. There is no control of state governments. The employees have status of central Government employees in the I.T. department. The main duty of income tax department is to regulate and manage the collection and assessment of Income tax in India. So there is so much work load in the branches of IT department. The department regular appoints staff to avoid the work load in the branches. Staff Selection Commission held exam every year to recruit Income Tax Officer, Income Tax Assistants and accountants on behalf of Income Tax Department.

The candidates who are preparing for SSC exam for the posts of tax assistants and IT officers in Income Tax Department must bookmark this page by pressing “CTRL + D”. As we regularly update this page for latest recruitment projects in Income Tax Department.

So, you are excited to get job as an income tax officer then you should also know the job profile, pay scale, day life and career prospect.
Job Profile of Income Tax Officer

Pay Scale: The salary pay scale may be depending on the location where the placement has to be done. Mainly it may be from Rs. 15,000 to 20,000.

Age Limitation: The age should be between 21 years to 30 years. But the rules change every year in the case of age limitation of the candidates. So the candidates are advised that you must check the notification.

Qualification: The graduation degree is required to apply for the post of tax assistant or Income tax officers with minimum of 60% marks. The relaxation in the academic qualification is also available for the reserved categories.

Exam Pattern: There are two phases of examination one is preliminary and second one is final examination. The successful candidates in preliminary examination will go the final examination. And successful candidates in the final examination will go to the interview session.
Latest Notifications for Income Tax Officer Jobs

Now, this is the section where you can find the latest recruitment notification for your dream job of Income tax officer. But now Income Tax Department itself has issued recruitment notification various vacancies only for the sportsperson.

Recruitment of Meritorious Sports Persons as Income Tax officers, Stenographers (Gr.II), Tax Assistants and Multi Tasking Staff.

We are giving here very important and main information about the recruitment of income tax inspectors, stenographers, tax assistants and multitasking staff, which is obtained from the notification/advertisement issued by itself Income tax department published on the official website and in various newspapers.

Name and Number of Vacancies

Income Tax Inspectors: 5 Vacancies
Stenographers: 1 Vacancy
Tax Assistants: 26 Vacancies
Multi-Tasking Staff: 9 Vacancies

How to apply: The candidates have to download the application form from the website www.incometaxindia.gov.in and fill all the required columns in the application form. Send application along with other required documents to the address of income tax department by 23rd Jan, 2013 (Last Date).

Selection Procedure: As it is the direct recruitment by Income tax department not through SSC. So there is no specification provided in the notification.

Important dates: The last date to submit application form is 23rd Jan, 2013.

References for the Income Tax Officers Recruitment 2013: The candidates should download the notification/advertisement from the link given below.

Advertisement/Notification Income Tax Officers Jobs 2013
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?