18th April 2011, 04:34 PM
bhratdta

Eligibility for Merchant Navy after 12th standard with 50% marks in PCM and eye-sight correction?

sir please tell me can i join merchant navy after 12 in non medical with 50% marks in pcm also i am wearing glasses

18th April 2011, 05:32 PM
dreksha chaudhary
Senior Member+++

Cool Re: Eligibility for Merchant Navy after 12th standard with 50% marks in PCM and eye-sight correction?

Dear friend,

Very well you can join Merchant Navy after 12th standard with 50% marks.

To join Merchant Navy You have do Pre-Sea (Panama) and Pre-Sea (Liberian) courses.

The qualification required for above mentioned courses is class 12th with
40 % aggregate.

For more details you can visit website-

www.oiomn.com

Mob No:- 9582550555

The age limit is 17 to 25 years.

All the best.........................
18th April 2011, 05:56 PM
krupadesai

Default Re: Eligibility for Merchant Navy after 12th standard with 50% marks in PCM and eye-sight correction?

You will be not eligible for medical fitness as the criteria for becoming eligible is an eyesight 6/6 with no colour blindness.

In case of medical fitness test, you will be rejected.

By your educational qualification, you will be able to apply for the course.
18th April 2011, 06:14 PM
Ullas Kakanadan

Default Re: Eligibility for Merchant Navy after 12th standard with 50% marks in PCM and eye-sight correction?

Educational qualification is :
The minimum eligibility for courses in Nautical science and Marine engineering is 10+2 / an equivalent examination with physics,/ chemistry & mathematics. Not only that he need to pass in medical fitness test for sea service under standard norms and with eyesight 6/6 with no colour blindness.

Candidates wishing to enter the navigational and engineering fields of Merchant Navy need to complete a Bachelors degree in Nautical Science or Marine engineering, before they can gain admission to the field.
18th April 2011, 11:51 PM
amahajan

Hello Bharat
Yes you are eligible for doing merchant navy. the basic qualification required for this is a 12th pass student with PCM subjects. I am giving you a link where you would find more beneficial information regarding colleges and courses.

http://www.educationinfoindia.com/marinefaq.htm
25th May 2011, 03:08 PM
Unregistered

in maharashtra how many colleges of merchent navy r there?
27th May 2011, 01:13 PM
Unregistered

sir
i am having aggregate 56% marks in pcm in 12th can i join an excellent merchant navy institute for Bsc nautical science?????please guide me........
6th June 2011, 01:03 AM
Unregistered

sir / mane 12th main arts say ki hai. to mare 10th main 18nomber hai to main navy join kar skta hu??
15th June 2011, 09:08 PM
Unregistered

sir please guide me..i want to join mechant navy........please tell me from where to get the forms....
18th June 2011, 02:17 PM
Unregistered

sir what is the minimum height required for merchant navy medical check up....
21st June 2011, 05:41 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

hallo friend,
as you want to join in merchant navy , then you have to appear in entrance exams of merchant navy.. different institutes are taking their respective exams for merchant navy..
for that you must have PCM in your 12th and you must have 40% in your PCM...
As you have more than that then you can appear in entrance exam of merchant navy..
after clearing the entrance exam you need to pass through a medical fitness test, where they will check your eye-sight.. you must not have any colour blindness, otherwise you will be rejected..
all the best..
26th June 2011, 03:20 PM
Dhanpat rai

sir my name is dhanpat rai & age 20 year can i join merchant navy with 58% marks in 12 level(aggregate all
)
2nd July 2011, 02:37 PM
Unregistered

how many percentage is required in PCM to be eligible for the entrance exam of indian merchant navy
7th September 2011, 09:56 PM
Unregistered

DEAR SIR ,
MYSELF VARUN SIR I WANT TO ASK THAT CAN I JOIN MERCHANT NAVY WITHOUT GRADUATION OR DIPLOMA IN NAUTICAL SCIENCE . I HAVE PASSED 12TH WITH 68% IN U.P. BOARD WITH PCM. IS THERE ANY CHANCE OF BEING EMPLOYED IN THIS FIELD. SIR AM REALLY CURIOUS TO JOIN THIS . PLZZ REPLY ME SOON
26th September 2011, 08:01 PM
black-demon
Senior Member+

as you have got 50% in 12th with PCM group, so you are eligible for appear in this exam,
you need to pass in medical fitness test for sea service under standard norms and with eyesight 6/6 with no colour blindness.

Candidates wishing to enter the navigational and engineering fields of Merchant Navy need to complete a Bachelors degree in Nautical Science or Marine engineering, before they can gain admission to the field.
10th December 2011, 10:22 PM
Unregistered

how can i apply for marchant navy after passing my 12 class?
10th December 2011, 10:29 PM
Unregistered

how can apply for marchant navy after 12
29th March 2012, 06:25 PM
Unregistered

dear sir,
am wearing specticals bt it are of very small plus numbers, so would i be avle to do merchant navy?????
29th March 2012, 07:25 PM
EDEPHIC
Senior Member+

Educational qualification is :
The minimum eligibility for courses in Nautical science and Marine engineering is 10+2 / an equivalent examination with physics,/ chemistry & mathematics. Not only that he need to pass in medical fitness test for sea service under standard norms and with eyesight 6/6 with no colour blindness.
31st March 2012, 11:42 PM
poole

Think twice before joining speciallly from engineering side..bcoz their is very little growth scope for them.As automation had totally slashed down the manpower required to run the ship.So doing training for merchant navy engineer will be completely wastage of time and money & while in rewards will get life long struggle for jobs.My suggesstion not to join merchant navy but if join then please opt Deck side officer only.

hi,friend
you have huge scope in merchant navy.merchant navy is non-combatant commercial fleet which deals with transporting cargo and occasionally,passengers,by sea.in merchant navy,you can work in three area ship,the deck,engine and saloon department.in the deck department,you can become captain,second officer,third officer,junior officer.in the engine department,you can become second engineer,third engineer,electrical officer,junior engineer.service department manages the kitchen,laundary and other service.
26th April 2012, 01:16 PM
Unregistered

eligibility in merchent navi after passing 12th from pcm 44%
18th December 2013, 10:15 AM
Unregistered

sir i m appearing in 2 class from mohali board!! i can got 65-70 percent. can i get the addmission. mohali board iz valid in ur coolege
10th July 2014, 03:03 PM
Unregistered

Sir i have 43% in hsc and 122 marks in cet can i get admission in marine cources plz guide me
10th June 2015, 12:31 PM
Unregistered

What are the requirements on 12th standard for the post of a merchant navy officer?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?