1st July 2012, 06:32 PM
Unregistered

How to become an IAS officer after completing 12th standard? Is there any need to join any training institute?

How to become an IAS officer after completing 12th standard?? What is most needed for applying in IAS field? Is there any need to join any training institutes??

Related Questions:
  1. How can I become an IAS officer after completing 12th standard?
  2. Can I become an IAS Officer after completing 12th standard? Study in NDA through IAS exam?
  3. What should I study after completing 12th to become an IAS Officer? Minimum marks required in 10th and 12th to join IAS? -- [New]
  4. How to become an IAS officer? How may I get the details like eligibility criteria, qualification requirements etc for becoming an IAS officer? I am in 12th standard(maths stream)
  5. Physical fitness requirements, starting salary and duration of IAS Officer training for 2nd PUC student?
  6. How to become an IAS officer after studying in 12th in commerce field in Mumbai
  7. After 2nd PUC how long does it takes to become an IAS Officer? Starting salary and minimum required physical standard?
  8. Air Hostess training institutes which provide training after 10th?
  9. How to become an IAS officer after passing 10th standard?
  10. How can I become an IAS officer after completing 12th?
  11. How can I become an IAS officer after completing 12th with 74%
  12. How can I become an IAS officer? I am a 12th standard student
  13. Can I join Pilot training institute after scoring 40% marks in 12th standard exam
  14. What should I pursue after finishing 12th standard to become an IAS officer
  15. Which Institute and Degree is best for an IAS Aspirants? I've Passed 10 with first class.
  16. Can I do IAS after completing BSc and MSc after completing 12th?
  17. How to prepare for IAS Officer's exam? Procedure for the exam for 12th standard Arts stream student?
  18. job for B.COM student in shipping line? -- [Most Discussed]
6th July 2012, 03:55 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become an IAS officer after completing 12th standard? Is there any need to join any training institute?

You cannot become an IAS officer after 12th class. Graduation is the required eligibility criteria to apply for the same. UPSC Civil services exam is the qualifying examination that candidates should attend as part of selection process. If you want to get specialized training in attending this exam, you can join coaching classes. There are many reputed training institute in various parts of the country where in one can join for coaching classes so as to get selection for IAS post.
26th December 2012, 01:02 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to become an IAS officer after completing 12th standard? Is there any need to join any training institute?

I wanted to become an I.A.S .what type of graduation can be done to eligble for ias .?
31st January 2013, 04:45 PM
Unregistered

can i become an IAS officer after the competion of B.E in EC with 66 %??
31st January 2013, 08:37 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
How to become an IAS officer after completing 12th standard?? What is most needed for applying in IAS field? Is there any need to join any training institutes??
HI!
After passing 12th with any stream you are not eligible for I.A.S exam.

If you want to become I.A.S officer then you have to qualify the Civil Services exam.

Civil Services exam is conducted by U.P.S.C once in a year.

For Civil Services exam you have to pass graduation with any stream.

The age limit in civil services exam is 21-30 year.
For OBC category:- 21-33 YEAR
For ST/SC category:- 21-37 year

Number of Attempts:-
For open category:- 4 attempts
For ST/SC category:- 7 attempts

In I.A.S exam there are three stage Of selection:-
> PRELIMS EXAM
> MAINS EXAM
> INTERVIEW
> MEDICAL EXAM(FOR I.P.S)

ALL THE BEST!
31st January 2013, 09:52 PM
Budhwarz
Member+

Hi Aspirant

Yes you can become a IAS Officer and their is no need of some special coaching for it as for the IAS officer post you need to write the exam.

Also for this exam their is no need of some special training as their is no need of some special training for it.Also for the exam you can take coaching from a institute.

But for this exam first you have to complete graduation degree as you are a 12th pass student and first complete your graduation degree.And also the final year candidates can apply for the exam.

For this exam the age of the aspirant must be between 21-30 years and also for the exam the age of the candidate of the obc categories should be between 21-33 and for the sc and st it should be 21-35 years

Also for this exam their is certain number of attempts and after you cross the limit than you can't write the exam any more.

The attempts allowed for the obc is 7 times and for the general it is 4 times and for the sc,st their is no limit means they can write it as many times they want to write.
31st January 2013, 11:41 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Well firstly you will have to complete the graduation. Only after completing graduation you will be eligible for the Indian Administrative Service. And no there is no need to join any coaching center to prepare for the IAS entrance exam.

Although it is generally recommended to join coaching center but that does not ensures that you will be able to crack the entrance exam. In order to crack the Civil Service Examination for the IAS you should study hard and do the following.

Firstly improve your English if required. Since there will be a paper on English language which will check your grammar skills it is important to work on English. You can improve English by watching and reading English news channels and newspapers.

General knowledge is also very important part of IAS entrance exam. Watch the news daily and keep track all the latest development around the world. For General studies paper you should read the NCERT books for Class 12th.

Internet in itself will help you a lot. You can take mock tests available online. At the same time you can download previous years papers and solve them. This will help you in understanding all the weak areas of yours.

Eligibility

1. Candidate should be of Indian origin.

2. bachelor degree in any discipline.

3. There is no criteria for percentage.

4. Age limit is 21 to 30 years.

5. There is 3 years relaxation for OBC.

6. SC and ST are eligible for 5 years relaxation.

Selection Process

1. Preliminary Exam

2. Main Exam

3. Interview
31st January 2013, 11:49 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

hi,
After 12th standard,
You can not apply ias exam.
Civil Services exam is conducted by U.P.S.C once in a year.
For Civil Services exam you have to pass graduation with any stream.
The age limit in civil services exam is 21-30 year.
For OBC category:- 21-33 YEAR
For ST/SC category:- 21-37 year
Number of Attempts:-
For open category:- 4 attempts
For ST/SC category:- 7 attempts.
For more,
www.upsc.gov.in
1st February 2013, 12:26 AM
Aria40
Senior Member+

Quote:
After 12th You ar not eligible to apply for the IAS entrance examination. You need pass graduation degree in any stream from a recognize University.

Nice to see your interest in the civil services examination. Indian Administrative Service (IAS) is the one of the famous job of India. The IAS examination is conducted by the UPSC in every year for the selection of talented candidates of India. Here i give you the details eligibility criteria for the IAS entrance examination.

Eligibility Criteria for the Civil Services examination.
--> Pass graduation is any stream from a recognize University. Final year graduation candidates can also apply for the IAS entrance examination.
--> The age must be between 21 to 30 years at the time of examination. The upper age relaxation is also applicable for the reservation category candiadtes.

These are the basic eligibility criteria for the IAS examination. If you satisfy the above eligibility criteria then you are eligible to apply for the IAS entrance examination.

For details and complete information regarding the IAS entrance examination please visit the official website of the UPSC :~ http://www.upsc.gov.in
1st February 2013, 01:35 AM
mayankt

Hi,
You cannot become an IAS officer after completing 12th standard coz for that you should be graduate in any stream from recognised university ,
If you want to become an IAS officer for that you have to apply civil services exam conducted by UPSC.
Civil Services Exam Will be held in Three Round .
1. Preliminary Exam
2. Main Examination
3. Interview Test
1. Preliminary Exam - This is an objective type questions based test which if the candidate passes, qualifies tothe second phase.
2. Main Exam - This is a subjective type questions based test which if the candidate passes, passes to the third phase after clear this you can go for interview round
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
#Qualification
Candidate must have graduation Degree in any stream,No specific marks are required,Final year students are also eligible
#.Age Limits
For gen-21-30 years
For obc- 21-33 years
For sc/st- 21-35 years
#.Attempts
General- 4
Obc- 7
Sc/st- no limit

Best book for Civil services Exam:-
#.CSAT: Interpersonal, Communication, Problem Solving and Decision Making Skills (Paper 2)
by
Shalini Verma
Publisher: Pearson

#.UPSC Portal CSAT Comprehensive Manual: IAS Preliminary Examination 2013 (Paper - 2)
by
Sachchida Nand Jha
Publisher: UPSC Portal

#.UPSC Portal CSAT General Studies Manual: IAS Preliminary Examination 2013 (Paper - 1)
by
Jha, Jha
Publisher: UPSC Portal

Notification for the next exam will come out on 2nd February 2013
Prelims exams will be held on 19th May 2013
Mains will held on
08-11-2013

for Previous Years Question Papers you can refer www.upsc.gov.in
You can fill the online application form fromthe official website www.upsconline.nic.in

As far as any need to join any training institute is concern,Joining a coaching center is a must! You cannot pass IAS by studying alone.Even if you pass IAS it will be VERY VERY hard to get through the interviews as there will be plenty of competition.Not to mention the interviewers asking you questions you have absolutely no knowledge about..You have to virtually know about EVERYTHING

good Luck.....
1st February 2013, 09:03 AM
sanj69
Senior Member+

To become an IAS officer one has to crack Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC every year.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper ag relaxation for reserved candidate.

So it is not possible to become an IAS officer after 12th standard but you can start your preparation accordingly.

As Civil Service exam is tough and competitive, one should prepare for the exam rigorously at least one year before the exam. There are so many top Institutions which give coaching for the preparation of this exam which may be availed if required.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
1st February 2013, 10:42 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend

IAS stands for the Indian Administrative services.It is considered to be the most respectable and prestigious services of Indian Government.

UPSC stands for the Union Public service commission.It is the examination conducting body of India that organises Civil services examinations for the services like IPS,IAS,IFS etc.

The eligibility criteria for the civil services examinations are :

1.The minimum educational qualification required to be eligible for the civil services examinations is bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

Even if you are in final year of graduation ,you can apply for the civil services examinations.

So ,friend you have to complete your bachelor's degree in order to give civil services exam.

2.The age criteria is :

3.Nationality: You must be an Indian citizen.

The examination consists of three stages which are:

1.Preliminary test

2.Main examination

3.Personal interview.

Now coming to your query is there need of coaching institute or not.

As we all know that Civil services exam are considered to be the toughest exam of India.

So from my oint of view,you should join the coaching as they will guide to acheive success in minimum time.Along with coahcing ,self study plays avital role in acheiving success in these examinations.

Some of the good institutes are:

1.Chanakya's IAS academy

2.Rau's IAS academy

3.Vajiram and Ravi IAS academy.

For any other details,regarding Civil services exam ,please visit www.upsc.gov.in

Hope the information helps you.

all the best

aashisranjan784
1st February 2013, 11:40 AM
shivam62

i m in 4th yr of my b-tech i want to become an ias officer tell me the procedure
1st February 2013, 11:59 AM
amotto

Hi...............................
Friends,

IAS stand for - Indian Administrative Service.

Sorry,

You are not eligible for IAS exam after 12th stand.

IAS Eligibility Criteria like ::
-->> The candidates must be citizen of Indian.

-->> The candidates must be complete your graduation degree in any recognized university.

-->> Your age limit between 21 to 30 years.

-->> Relaxation was Govt rules.

-->> The Final year candidates are eligible for this exam.

Number of Attempts like ::
-->> General candidates 4 times.

-->> OBC canidates 7 times.

-->> SC / ST candidates No limit.

Selection process like ::
-->> Preliminary exam.

-->> Mains exam.

-->> Interview.

All the best........................
1st February 2013, 01:08 PM
prr_h47

Friend,
For going for IAS please check what are the requirments that are given below,so please consider the following:-
->graduation in any subjects from any recognized university.
->citizen of india or an NRI.
->it should not be that candidate is exceeding the number of attempts for a specific category.
->you have to pass three rounds:-
->prelims.
->mains.
->interview.
if cleared all then you are an IAS officer.so good luck for the future.
1st February 2013, 05:33 PM
DKG7
Senior Member+++

Thumbs up Re: How to become an IAS officer after completing 12th standard? Is there any need to join any training institute?

Quote:

hi friend,

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service
sorry, you are not eligible for IAS exam.....
To become IAS offecer , you have complete your graduation Degree in any Discipline with at lest 55% from recognise universities after you are eligible for this exam.....
Age Limit :- 21-30 years..for OBC +3 , for SC/ST +5....
No. Attempt:- General - max. 4 , OBC - max. 7 , SC/ST - No limit....
Exam Pattern:- Preliminary Exam , Main Exam , Interview
Subjects for IAS :-

Agriculture

Animal Husbandry and Vetinary science

Anthropology

Botany

Chemistry

Civil engineering

Commerce and accountancy

Economics

Electrical engineering

Geography

Geology

History

Mathematics

Management

Mechanical engineering

Medical science

Philosophy

Physics

Political science

Psychology

Public Administration

Sociology

Statistics

Zoology

Law

All the best.......
31st March 2013, 12:58 AM
Unregistered

Can become an IAS after b.tech ( civil engineering) ????????
13th April 2013, 06:45 PM
Unregistered

how many hours should we study for prepare for ias ?
14th July 2013, 01:35 PM
amit89itbhu
Senior Member+++

HI

For appearing for IAS, you first need to complete your graduation
You should do graduation in field of your interest, to score good marks

Following is the eligibility criteria for IAS

You should be Indian
You should be graduate

Age criteria For IAS exam

Minimum age is 21 and maximum age is 30 year for genaral candidate and
There is age relaxation provided to OBC and SC/ST candidate is 3 year and 5 year respectively

Educational Qualification

Candidate should be graduate from recognized university
Final year candidate are also eligible for this exam.
there is no limit of percentage mark

it depends on you.
There are very few good coaching institute for IAS. You can join any of those.
But you can prepare on your own as well.

If you join any good coaching institute and have the determination then you will have good chance.

All the best
2nd September 2013, 08:50 PM
EFDRTG

ELIGIBILITY
Nationality

A candidate must be either:
(a) A citizen of India, or

(b) a subject of Nepal, or
(c) a subject of Bhutan, or
(d) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India.
(e) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Srilanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.

Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (b), (c), (d) and (e) shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.

Age Limits

A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years on 1st August, in the year of examination.

The upper age limit prescribed above will be relaxable in the follwing cases:

Scheduled Caste or a Scheduled Tribe: upto a maximum of five years.
Other Backward Classes: upto a maximum of three years.
State of Jammu & Kashmir (Domiciled during the period from the 1st January, 1980 to 31st December, 1989): upto a maximum of five years.
Defence Services personnel : upto a maximum of five years
(disabled in operations during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof)

Ex-servicemen including Commissioned officers and ECOs/SSCOs who have rendered at least five years Military Service and have been released (i) on completion of assignment otherwise than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency, or (ii) on account of physical disability attributable to Military Service, or (iii) on invalidment: upto a maximum of five years.
ECOs/SSCOs who have completed an initial period of assignment of five years of Military Service and whose assignment has been extended beyond five years and in whose case the Ministry of Defence issues a certificate that they can apply for civil employment and that they will be released on three month's notice on selection from the date of receipt of offer of appointment : upto a maximum of five years.
Blind, deaf-mute and Orthopaedically handicapped persons: upto a maximum of ten years.
NOTE I

Cumulative Age relaxation:

Scheduled Castes, the Scheduled Tribes and the Other Backward Classes who are also covered under other clauses mentioned above will be eligible for grant of cumulative age-relaxation under both the categories.

Ex-servicemen eligibility:

The term ex-servicemen will apply to the persons who are defined as ex-servicemen in the Ex-servicemen (Re-employment in Civil Services and Posts) Rules, 1979, as amended from time to time.

The age concession will not be admissible to Ex-Servicemen and Commissioned Officers including ECOs/SSCOs, who are released on own request.

NOTE II

Date of Birth Certificate:

The date of birth accepted by the Commission is that entered in the Matriculation or Secondary School Leaving Certificate or in a certificate recognized by an Indian University as equivalent to Matriculation or in an extract from a Register of Matriculates maintained by a University, which extract must be certified by the proper authority of the University or in the Higher Secondary or an equivalent examination certificate.

No other document relating to age like horoscopes, affidavits, birth extracts from Municipal Corporation, service records and the like will be accepted.

Once the date of birth is recorded in the Commission, no change is allowed subsequently (or at any other Examination of the Commission) on any grounds whatsoever.

Educational Qualifications

The candidate must hold a degree of any of Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University Under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification.

NOTE:

Candidates who have appeared at an examination which would educationally qualify them for the UPSC examination but have not received the the results will also be eligible for admission to the Preliminary Examination. They will have to produce the proof of passing the requisite examination with their application for the Main Examination.
In exceptional cases, UPSC may treat a candidate who has not any of the foregoing qualifications as a qualified candidate, provided that he has passed examination conducted by other Institutions, which UPSC deems fit.
Candidates possessing professional and technical qualifications, recognised by Government as equivalent to professional and technical degree would also be eligible for admission to the examination.
Candidates who have passed the final professional M.B.B.S. or any other Medical Examination but have not completed their internship by the time of submission of their applications for the Civil Services (Main) Examination, will be provisionally admitted to the Examination. They will however, have to submit a copy of a certificate from the concerned authority of the University/Institution that they have passed the requisite final professional medical examination with their application . In such cases, the candidates will be required to produce original Degree or a certificate from the University/Institution at the time of their interview .
Number of attempts

The maximum number of attempts restriction is effective from the examination held in 1984. In case other eligibility conditions apply:

General candidates: four attempts.
Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe candidates: No restriction.
Other Backward Classes: seven attempts.
NOTE 1:

An attempt at a Preliminary Examination is considered an attempt at the examination.
If a candidate actually appears in any one paper in the Preliminary Examination, he is considered to have made an attempt at the examination.
Notwithstanding the disqualification/cancellation of candidature the fact of appearance of the candidate at the examination will count as an attempt.
NOTE 2: Restrictions on reapplying for the examination

A candidate who is appointed to the Indian Administrative Service or the Indian Foreign Service on the results of an earlier examination and continues to be a member of that service will not be eligible to compete at this examination.
If a candidate is appointed to the IAS/IFS after the Preliminary Examination of Civil Services Examination is over and he/she continues to be a member of that service, he/she shall not be eligible to appear in the Civil Services (Main) Examination notwithstanding his/her having qualified in the Preliminary Examination.
If a candidate is appointed to IAS/IFS after the commencement of the Civil Services (Main) Examination, but before the result thereof and continues to be a member of that service, he/she shall not be considered for appointment to any service/post on the basis of the result of this examination.
26th January 2014, 10:40 AM
Unregistered

Thumbs up Re: How to become an IAS officer after completing 12th standard? Is there any need to join any training institute?

Quote:
yes its so important to get a perfect education
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?