1st September 2012, 11:09 AM
narayanaswamynaikar

How to become an Income Tax Officer? I am studying BSc computer science in correspondence

sir
am studying bsc.computerscience in corresspondance,now am interested to become an incometax officer.Do i have a chance to become an incometax officer?

email id
[email protected]

Related Questions:
  1. Whether B.Sc(IT) pursuing candidate is eligible to apply for Income Tax Officer entrance exam?
  2. What should I study further after completing 12th to become an Income Tax Officer? -- [New]
  3. Am I eligible for becoming an Income Tax Officer after B.Com through correspondence?
  4. How to become an income tax officer after completing BSc in Biotech
  5. Can I give the exam of income tax officer in final year after studying final year engineering computer science
  6. How to apply for the position of Income Tax Officer after completion of B.Com in Computer Applications?
  7. How to become an income tax offier? I am studying B.A
  8. How to become an income tax officer after completing B.Com?
  9. Information regarding Entrance Exam and Procedure to become Income Tax Officer?
  10. Stream required in 11th and 12th standard for becoming an Income tax officer? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. How to take profession of Income Tax officer after pursuing CA?
  12. What is the eligibility criteria for Income Tax Officer Exam? How to prepare for it?
  13. Procedure of exams for Income Tax Assistant, Income Tax Inspector and Income Tax Officer? When the exams will be held?
  14. How to become an Income Tax Officer? How should I prepare for Income Tax
  15. How can I apply for income tax officer exam after completing B.Com from correspondence
  16. How to become an income tax inspector? Books to be referred to become one?
  17. From where to get Income Tax Officer form? How to fill up the form and how to become an Income Tax Officer? What about preparation?
  18. How can I become an income tax officer? I am a BSc 2nd year student
22nd June 2015, 02:38 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become an Income Tax Officer? I am studying BSc computer science in correspondence

Yes,you can become an income tax officer .

One can become income tax officer by appearing in the exam conducted by the SSC(Staff Selection Commission) .

The eligibility criteria to become Income Tax Officer through SSC exam are as under:-

-The candidate must have a graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

-The candidate age limit to apply for the exam is from 18 years to 27 years.There is relaxation in upper age limit for for OBC candidates by 3 years and 5 years for SC/ST candidates.

The selection process for the post is conducted in three stages:

* Written Objective type Examination (Tier 1)

* Written Objective type Examination (Tier 2)

* Personality Interview .

The pay scale for Income Tax Officer is Rs. 9,300- 34,800 + grade pay of Rs. 4,800/Rs. 5,400 .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?