4th January 2013, 11:38 PM
vedika sirmor

How can I apply for a government sector job after doing B.E in electrical and electronics?

hiiii
i did my B.E. in electrical and electronics and now persuing MBA in power management.... how can i apply for govt sector jobs and through which... can i also apply for sail

5th January 2013, 06:23 AM
Navneet patyal

Thumbs up Re: How can I apply for a government sector job after doing B.E in electrical and electronics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vedika sirmor View Post
hiiii
i did my B.E. in electrical and electronics and now persuing MBA in power management.... how can i apply for govt sector jobs and through which... can i also apply for sail
After your B.tech, There are lot of jobs opportunities for you in Electrical and electronic engg. fields.

You can join the following fields.

You can join defense as an Officer after your B.tech.

You can also join Govt. and private sector job.

You can join Govt. sector job through the GATE exam.
For this exam you should have to prepare for it.

You can study you Objective type books and crack this exam.

Many notification and application forms are release on employment news or Employment office. You can fill these notifications and go for these exams. So, you can get Govt. jobs after B.tech.

You can also apply for IES exam. The exam conducted twice in a year. You are eligible for it after your B.tech with minimum 60% marks.

Best of luck for your bright future. I hope you will understand with my answer.

Navneet thakur
5th January 2013, 09:31 AM
sujal0001

Default Re: How can I apply for a government sector job after doing B.E in electrical and electronics?

yes you can apply for govt. job after doing your B.TECH. your stream was very good. So, what ever govt. jobs you want to do or whatever govt. company you want just go to the website of those company just like BHEL.COM etc. and go through the current jobs and there recruitment for thoso jobs. you can apply indian air force engineering jobs because you have very good degrees. Go to the website careerairforce.nic.in. best of luck.
5th January 2013, 11:28 AM
sbhndsen
Member+

Default Re: How can I apply for a government sector job after doing B.E in electrical and electronics?

Yes, you can apply for SAIL.

Mechanical, Civil and Electrical are the three core specializations in Engineering. Students who has specialized in any of these three streams has a good opportunity in the public sector.

As you asked for SAIL, they invite online applications from Indian Citizens for filling up of Operator Cum Technician Trainee posts. Eligible & interested candidates may apply via online mode before 16th January, 2013.

Age limit :
Your age should be between 18 years to 28 years .Age Relaxation will be extended as per govt norms.

Educational Qualification :
You must possess 3 years full time Diploma in Engineering in Mechanical /Electrical /civil / Electronics & Instrumentation/ Chemical/ Mining with Mines Survey Certificate of Competency from DGMS. To know all about this job, you can visit: http://www.sail.co.in

Other than, you can apply for
1. BHARAT HEAVY ELECTRICAL LIMITED
2. GAIL
3. IOCL
4. INDIAN OIL CORPORATION
5. Bharat Petroleum
6. NTPC
7. DAMODAR VALLEY CORPORATION
8. ONGC
9. HINDUSTHAN PETROLEUM
10. Bharat Earth Movers Limited
and so on.....
5th January 2013, 12:31 PM
Unregistered

hi am doing B.E., am prepare to attain the gate exam IN NEXT YEAR GIVE SOME VALID POINTS&AND ALSO SEND PREVIOUS YEAR GATE EXAM QUESTION PAPER..
5th January 2013, 03:33 PM
amahajan

Smile Re: How can I apply for a government sector job after doing B.E in electrical and electronics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vedika sirmor View Post
hiiii
Dear,

For Govt Job you have to appear for exam conducted by the concerned department or company. The details of these exams are available on the below mentioned link so visit regularly to get the updates of Govt Jobs exam

http://www.employmentnews.gov.in/

Yes you can apply for the SAIL also. I am giving you a link where you will find recent jobs in SAIL

http://sail.shine.com/
5th January 2013, 03:44 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Most certainly you can apply for SAIL and other public sector undertakings in the country. The other option for government job in Indian Engineering Service (IES). These are the best options for the engineering students.

Indian Engineering Service

The IES entrance exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission for several jobs under the central government for engineering candidates. The jobs are offered in various central government departments.

The jobs are offered is following Engineering streams:

Civil Engineering

Mechanical Engineering

Electrical Engineering

Electronics and Communications

Eligibility

1. The candidate should be of Indian origin.

2. A bachelor degree in engineering (B.E/B.Tech)

3. There is no percentage criteria.

4. Final year students can also apply.

5. The age limit is 21 to 30 years.

6. Age limit is relaxed upto 3 years for OBC.

7. Age limit is relaxed upto 5 years for SC/ST.

Public Sector Undertakings

The PSU companies also hire engineers through a entrance exam. There is no common entrance exam. Each company issues separate notification for the exam. You will have to check different companies for the job.

The selection procedure includes written exam which is followed by interview. Some companies do no conducted written test. Their requirement is that candidate should appear in GATE entrance exam.

Eligibility

1. A B.Tech/B.E degree from a recognized college.

2. Minimum of 60 percent marks.

3. There should be no pending backlogs.

4. A valid GATE score. No more than 2 years old.

5. Age limit is 21 to 30 years.

6. There is relaxation upto 3 years for OBC and 5 years for SC/ST.

List of PSU

ISRO

DRDO

BHEL

BEL

HAL

SAIL

GAIL

ECIL

NALCO

NTPC

ONGC

IOCL

HPCL

BPCL

MTNL

BSNL
26th May 2013, 11:48 AM
Unregistered

Is B.Tech student from KIIT University recognised for applying Government job?

Abhik Biswas
to be student in Mechanical at KIIT
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?