29th October 2016, 08:18 PM
Unregistered

How can I apply for IFS exam after passing class 12th?

Respected Sir, I have passed class 12th and now I want to apply for IFS officer exam. I want to know that how can I apply for IFS exam after passing class 12th? Please answer as soon as possible.

30th October 2016, 04:08 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I apply for IFS exam after passing class 12th?

IFS stands for Indian Forest Services or Indian Foreign Services. The preliminary examination to both of these services is through Civil Services examination. Union Public Service Commission conducts this examination. Generally cut off marks for Forest Services is more than foreign services.

The minimum qualification required for both of these services is bachelor's degree. Final year graduation candidates can also apply for examination. But 12th passed candidates are not eligible for either of these examination. You must pursue your bachelor's degree first to apply for these examination.
30th October 2016, 04:58 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

IFS stands for Indian Forest Service as well as Indian Foreign Service and to be an officer in either of these service you need to qualify Civil Services examination held by UPSC once every year.

--> The minimum requirement for appearing in Civil Services examination for being an IFS officer you must satisfy the conditions given below :-

* You must have the nationality of India.

* Your age must be within 21 years to 32 years. Further age relaxation is applicable for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

* You must have completed your graduation degree course in any discipline from a recognized university. But for being a forest officer your graduation must be in any one of forestry, Agriculture, Husbandry, Botany, Physics, Engineering etc. stream.

So being a Class 12th passed candidate you are not eligible for appearing in Civil Services examination and hence not eligible for being a IFS officer at present.

For further details regarding the same examination you can log on to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
30th October 2016, 04:59 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

If you mean Indian Foreign Service then to become an I.F.S Officer you have to appear and qualify in Civil Services examination conducted by the UPSC.

The examination is conducted in three stages as Preliminary, Mains and Interview and the candidates have to appear and qualify in all the stages for final selection.

The minimum required qualification to appear for the examination is bachelor degree from a recognised university. The age limit is 21-32 years with relaxation in age for reserved categroy.

So, you are not eligible to appear for examination after 12th. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
30th October 2016, 05:01 PM
pruthvi12dba

Dear Aspirant,

Now you are not eligible for the IFS exam because after completion of Bachelor degree only you can eligible. So now study any degree and complete with best marks.

* To attend that exam age should be in 21 to 30
* But you should also know that the bachelor’s degree must be cleared with one of the subjects named Animal Husbandry, Physics, Statistics and Zoology, Agriculture, Forestry, Engineering etc

Hope the given information is useful to you.
30th October 2016, 06:04 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

The minimum required qualification to appear for I.F.S examination is candidate must have passed bachelor degree from recognised university.

The discipline in the degree must be in Botany, Agriculture, Animal Husbandry, Zoology etc. for Forest Service where as discipline does not matter for Foreign Service.

So, you need to have bachelor degree to appear for Civil Services examination. For more information about the examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
30th October 2016, 06:39 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

IFS stands for Indian Forest Services.

Eligibility criteria for IFS examination:

*You must have done graduation with at least one of the subjects like Animal Husbandry and Veterinary science, Physics, Agriculture, Zoology, Forestry, Agriculture Engineering, Botany, Chemistry, Geology etc.

You do graduation with at least any of following subject then only you can apply for Indian Forest Services examination.
30th October 2016, 08:21 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

No, you can't apply for IFS examination after passing 12th standard. To join IFS, you have to appear in UPSC IFS examination which is conducted by UPSC every year and the eligibility criteria required to appear in IFS examination is mentioned below :-

=> You should be an Indian National.

=> You should have obtained Bachelor's degree or equivalent with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Engineering from a Government recognised university.

=> You should be at least 21 years old and not more than 32 years of age. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules.

As per the information you have mentioned in your query, you have not pursued Bachelor's degree course, so, being a 12th passed student, you are not eligible to apply or IFS examination.
30th October 2016, 08:35 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

No, 12th std qualification is not sufficient to appear for IFS examination.

So, you need to pursue bachelor degree to appear for examination and the examination is conducted by the UPSC as Civil Service for recruitment in jobs.

You cannot apply for the examination after 12th.

For more information about the examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
31st October 2016, 02:29 PM
Suraj Singh 7494

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir, I have passed class 12th and now I want to apply for IFS officer exam. I want to know that how can I apply for IFS exam after passing class 12th? Please answer as soon as possible.
IFS stands for Indian Forest Services exam which is taken by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission).
For this exam the minimum qualification required is graduation or bachelor's degree from a recognized university.
The age limit as prescribed by UPSC for IFS exam is 21 to 32 years.
The candidate who belongs to General category only have 6 attempts to apply for IFS exam. The Schedule caste's category have unlimited attempts to apply. And for OBC category than you can apply only for 9 times.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?