9th February 2017, 11:32 AM
k.chandra bose

How can I apply for IIT entrance exam after completing class 12th from a Government School? How should I prepare for the exam and when is the exam date out?

Respected Sir, I am studying in class 11th now and after completing it I want to appear for IIT entrance exam so I want to know how can I apply for IIT entrance exam after completing class 12th from a Government School? How should I prepare for the exam? When is the exam date published? Please answer as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
  1. Is the IIT entrance exam same after completion of 12th and diploma course?
  2. Can I apply for IBPS exam after completing class 12th? How can I prepare to qualify the exam?
  3. How can I apply for Government Banking entrance exam after completing class 12th (Science)?
  4. Can i apply for IIT Exam with compartment in one subject in 12th?
  5. when i can apply for iit entrance exam
  6. In which all entrance exams can I apply after completing class 12th (PCMB)?
  7. What can I do after taking science in 11th?
  8. Direct 12th without 11th having a year gap after 10th? After 12th from Open school can one apply for IIT?
  9. Am I eligible to appear for IIT exam after completing class 12th with 60% marks?
  10. How can I become an IPS Officer after completing class 12th with Arts stream? Which exam should I prepare for? How a B.Sc graduate can get a Government job? How can I prepare for the job?
  11. List best schools in India for 11th and 12th class providing best IIT entrance exam coaching?
  12. How can I pursue Pharma D from a Government College in Kerala after completing class 12th? Is there any entrance exam for admission?
  13. Will there be a problem if I am not 17 years old when giving the 12th exam from CBSE board?
  14. How can I join IIT Colleges for pursuing Mechanical Engineering? How can I prepare for the entrance exam and how many seats are available for Mechanical stream?
  15. Last date to apply for entrance exam forms of Air force school after 10th class?
  16. How can I apply for CS exam after completing class 12th? Can I appear for the exam twice in the same year?
  17. Can I pursue LLB course after completing class 12th? Do I have to appear for any entrance exam?
  18. Is it possible to prepare for IIT JEE exam without any coaching? Books to be referred? I am in class 12th -- [Most Discussed]
11th February 2017, 01:59 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I apply for IIT entrance exam after completing class 12th from a Government School? How should I prepare for the exam and when is the exam date out?

First thing I would like to let you know that the official name of IIT Entrance Examination is JEE which refers to Joint Entrance Examination and is held by CBSE once every year.

The minimum educational qualification required for appearing in JEE for being eligible for admission in CFTIs like IIT, NIT, ISM, IIIT, etc. is a higher secondary school degree with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as main subjects with 75% ( or that much aggregate that makes you lie among the top percentile candidate of your respective board ) from a recognized board of examination.

As far as you are concerned about of eligibility for JEE being a student of government school then as per my knowledge you are definitely eligible as government school are always affiliated to either Central Boards or State board which are recognized board of examination.

For the preparation point of view you should start from the basics which means you must go through the NCERT textbook syllabus first and try to solve the questions which are application based. Also try to solve objective problems. For practicing objective problems you can refer to the books by Arihant Publication or Balaji Publication.

Also for your information the application forms for JEE are released in the month of December and examination is held on the first Sunday of April every year.

For more details about JEE you can log on to the link www.jeemain.nic.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?