9th December 2016, 02:19 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to appear for IIT exam after completing class 12th with 60% marks?

Respected Sir, I have completed my class 12th scoring 60% marks and now I want to pursue my career from IIT college. I want to know am I eligible to appear for IIT exam after completing class 12th with 60% marks? If yes then please tell me the procedure.

Related Questions:
  1. Is the IIT entrance exam same after completion of 12th and diploma course?
  2. Can I join IIT after completing class 12th scoring 86.4% marks? When is the new session of Allen Institute starting?
  3. Am I eligible to write IIT entrance exam after completing B.Sc in Computer Science?
  4. Minimum percentage required in 10th and 12th class for selection in IIT?
  5. What can I do after taking science in 11th?
  6. Am I eligible to write IIT JAM Chemical Science exam after completing class 12th from NIOS Board without Mathematics?
  7. Am I eligible to apply for CDS examination after completing class 12th with 58% and Graduation with 70% marks?
  8. Am I eligible to pursue B.Sc after 4 years of completing class 12th with 46.6% marks?
  9. Can I get admission in class 12th (Commerce) directly without completing class 11th if I scored 82% marks in class 10th?
  10. Am i eligible for IIT JEE with one year gap after 12th?
  11. I got low marks in 12th HSC, can I do diploma now and then try again for NIT and IIT later? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Am I eligible to become a Clerk in the Indian Army after completing my class 12th scoring 57% marks? -- [New]
  13. How can I apply for IIT entrance exam after completing class 12th from a Government School? How should I prepare for the exam and when is the exam date out?
  14. Am I eligible to appear for PSC exam after completing class 12th? What is the minimum marks required for IAS officer?
  15. Which course should I pursue after completing class 12th (MPC) scoring 75% marks?
  16. Am I eligible to appear for IIT entrance exam after completing 10+ Diploma?
  17. Am I eligible to get a Scholarship after 5 years of completing class 12th scoring 90% marks?
  18. Can I get admission in IIT for pursuing B.Tech after scoring 57% marks in class 12?
11th December 2016, 05:03 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear for IIT exam after completing class 12th with 60% marks?

--> IIT stands for Indian Institute of Technology which are known to be the best technical colleges in India for undergraduate and postgraduate technical courses.

--> To be eligible for appearing in the same examination one has to qualify JEE ( Joint Entrance Examination ) which is held by CBSE once every year.

--> Also for appearing in JEE to be eligible for admission in IITs you need to have the qualifications given here under :-

* You must have the nationality of India with your age lying under 25 years by the 1st October of that year in which you are appearing in the same examination.

* You must have complete your Class 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as your main subjects with at least 75% aggregate ( 65% in case of SC/ST category candidates ) from a recognized board or have managed to lie among the top 20 percentile candidate of your respective board of education. But for admission in other technical colleges apart from Centrally funded Institute of Technology you need to have manages 45% aggregate.

So having managed only 60% in your Class 12th you are not eligible for admission in IIT unless you lie among the top 20 percentile canddiates of your respective board.

For more details about JEE you can refer to the link www.jeemain.nic.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?