25th March 2017, 12:26 PM
swati sheetal

How can I become an ACP? What is the qualification criteria required to become an ACP?

Respected Sir, I am studying in class 12th now and after completing it I want to become an ACP so I want to know how can I become an ACP? What is the qualification criteria required to become an ACP? Please answer as soon as possible.

31st March 2017, 10:22 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I become an ACP? What is the qualification criteria required to become an ACP?

ACP stands for Assistant Commissioner of Police. To become ACP, you will have to clear all three stages of Civil Services examination which is Preliminary exam, Mains exam and interview. Your service preference in application form should be Indian Police Services so as to later become ACP.

The eligibility criteria for Civil Services examination is:

>>Candidate must have done bachelor's degree from a recognized university. Final year graduation candidates can also apply for this exam.

>>The age limit is 21-32 years.

You need to complete your graduation first to apply for Civil Services examination.

31st March 2017, 05:13 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I become an ACP? What is the qualification criteria required to become an ACP?

The full form of ACP is Assistant Commissioner of Police.

ACP is generally IPS officer after some years of experience in service. You can become ACP after joining Indian Police Services.

Eligibility criteria for IPS entrance exam:

1. Graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

2. Age limit is 21-32 years.

If you fulfill both criteria, you can apply for 2018 Civil Services exam.

31st March 2017, 05:40 PM
ealpexpart@

Location: c/o debi dev, 2/ J green park north old calculate road. barrackpur. p.o.- talpukur, kolkata-700123
Post Re: How can I become an ACP? What is the qualification criteria required to become an ACP?

There are two ways to become Assistant Commissioner of police -

1) After clearing IPS exam one can become Assistant superintendent of police and there is one year probationary service, one must complete successfully 2 year service as assistant superintendent of police after probationary service,then he/she will be promoted to Assistant Commissioner of police.

2) After 8/15 years of service in the state police, one become Assistant Commissioner of police.

31st March 2017, 09:43 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

You can become Assistant Commissioner of Police by joining Indian Police Services. Indian Police Services is under Civil Services. Candidates who want to join Indian Police Services must apply for Civil Services exam and crack it to join Indian Police Services. The eligibility criteria for Civil Services exam is:

Bachelor's degree from a recognized university. Final year graduation candidates can also apply for this exam.

Age criteria for exam is 21-32 years.

Stages of this examination:

Preliminary examination.

Mains examination.

Personal interview.

31st March 2017, 11:50 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

About Assistant Commissioner of Police:

ACP is experienced Indian Police Services officer.

First step to become ACP is to join IPS. The entrance examination for IPS is Civil Services examination.

Eligibility criteria for Civil Services exam:

Academic qualification: Bachelor's degree or studying in final year of bachelor's degree.

Age limit is: 21-32 years.

26th April 2017, 06:41 PM
kohli183

ACP Stands for Assistant Commissioner of Police , it is under civil service

Civil Service Exam Eligibility :

Candidates must be complete Graduation from a recognised university

Candidates must be Indian citizen

Candidates age limit between 21 to 32 years

Selection Process Based on Preliminary examination , Main examination , Personal Interview , physical events

28th July 2019, 11:10 AM
Unregistered

Do we have to give all the tests required for ips at a time in a day?

31st July 2019, 07:44 PM
Unregistered

Is the qualification Bachelor Degree obtained by distance education is sufficient to become ACP?

30th October 2019, 11:48 PM
Unregistered

For ex servicemen , what is the procedure become ACP and qualification

27th July 2020, 08:04 PM
Unregistered

after complete my degree how can i become an ACP. And what are the qualifications

3rd August 2020, 12:36 AM
deepikapandey9999

To become an ACP (Assistant Commissioner of Police), you have to complete CSAT examination and choose IPS. Therefore you must pass the Bachelors degree at any recognized university in any stream. The age limit is 21-30years and the upper age limit is 05years for SC/ST and 03years for OBC. There is no direct recruitment for ACP . It comes by promotion only

1) If you clear civil services exam and become IPS, you will get posted as ASP

2) If you clear group 1 exam by state public service commission, you can become DSP

from the level of ASP and DSP , you ca get promotion to ACP, based on your performance

7th September 2020, 06:37 PM
Unregistered

Am doing degree final year how can i become an ACP

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?