15th August 2011, 07:59 PM
Karan rana211993

How can I become IPS after graduation? Syllabus of the exam?

Hey I'm vikram diploma 1st year student in Sliet in mechanical wing .i want to become ips after graduation.tell me the way have to follow and introduction of this field, syllabus and general guidance .

16th August 2011, 06:29 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I become IPS after graduation? Syllabus of the exam?

You can apply for the test once you complete graduation. You can appear when you are in the final year too if you will have your results by the time the CSAT results are declared. The first round of exam is the CSAT where you will need to attempt questions related to the aptitude area. If you clear the same then you need to appear the Mains exam. You can select any of the subjects mentioned in the UPSC site.
16th August 2011, 09:12 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karan rana211993 View Post
Hey I'm vikram diploma 1st year student in Sliet in mechanical wing .i want to become ips after graduation.tell me the way have to follow and introduction of this field, syllabus and general guidance .
Information About UPSC Civil Services Examination -

>> UPSC Stands for Union Public Service Comission and the Comission was conducts Many examination and If your aim is to become IPS (Indian Police Service) then you must have to apply for the UPSC Civil services examination.

The First stage of this examination was Preliminary exams and after clear the Preliminary examination Candidates are eligible to sit in Main examination.

Preliminary examination are also Known As CSAT examination. There are Two Papers in this examination, Both are Objective type and Both are of same duration and Same Marks.

Eligiblity Criteria -

>> Candidates Must be A graduate in any discipline from a recognised University.
>> And Your age should between 21 to 30 years (If you are general Candidates). Upper age relaxation is applicable for SC, ST, OBC candidates.
>> Final year appearing candidates are also eligible for This examination.

Important -

If you are Interested to apply for This examination, Then Please Dont worry because the Notification of Next year UPSC Civil services examination was declared soon in the Month of February 2012.

>> So, You are eligible To apply for This examination Next year. Eligible candidates May fill the application form Online By Visit the UPSC website OR obtained the application form Directly form the Post Offices In India.

The Syllabus And Pattern are availiable in the UPSC Official website, The CSAT examination Pattern was already changed by UPSC and I have Provide you the Pattern, So please study for this examination according to the Given Pattern and For More Information, check the Official website -

http://upsc.gov.in
16th August 2011, 10:42 PM
sandipk
Senior Member+

Graduation is the qualification after that you may apply for it. or if you r in the final year then also you can apply for it.

first collect the application form along with the information broucher from any of Post office or Head post office.sent it to the following address:

The secretary
Union public service commission
Dholpur House
New Delhi-110011.

The syllabus mey have a little bit of change, hence you must go for the employment news/Rozgar Samachar in month of December.

Then prepaire yourself accourding to your syllabus..

Syllabus of the exam is in the attachment.

Good luck...
Attached Files
File Type: doc Syllabus of IPS exam.doc(46.5 KB, 85 views)
22nd August 2011, 08:32 AM
Unregistered

hi, I am the student of final year BBA(bachelor of business administration). can i apply for the IPS exam? and when the exam will be held in 2011, i want to appear this exam please tell me the whole procedure to it.
please send the detail on my email-id ([email protected])
thank you so much.
4th September 2011, 07:39 PM
Unregistered

what are main subjects and optional subjects to become ips officer
4th September 2011, 11:56 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

Dear friend,

IPS exam is conducted by UPSC. There are some criteria you have to follow for appearing in IPS exam.

Those candiadte have completed graduation in any discipline from recognized university are eligible for IPS exam.

But your age should be in between 21-30years for general candidate.
In IPS exam their is provide age relaxation for OBC candiadte is 3years and for SC/ST candiadte is 5 years.

The maximum attempts for Sc/ST candiadte is Unlimited. For OBC candiadte it is 7 years and for general candidate it will be 5 years.

Also you must be citizen of india.

The IAS selection process is consist in three way

1)Preliminay exam
2)Main exam
3)Interview.

thanks
18th January 2012, 04:43 PM
Unregistered

Hey I'm shiva ,b.com 1st year student in dr.hari singh gour central university ,sagar[m.p] .i want to become ips after graduation.tell me the way have to follow and introduction of this field, syllabus and general guidance .
18th January 2012, 06:11 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

IPS stands for INDIAN POLICE SERVICE and to become an IPS officer you have to appear for Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC every year.

The Civil Service Exam is comprises of three phases:-

CSAT- CIVIL SERVICE APTITUDE TEST Which are all objective type question
Main exam comprises of Descriptive type questions
Personal Interview

Any Indian national having completed graduation degree from any stream within the age of 21 to 30years of age are eligible to apply for Civil Service exam.
9th April 2012, 11:06 PM
Unregistered

how to get materials for study,,,or for preparations of csat??
10th April 2012, 12:11 AM
yudhveergvs
Senior Member+

Smile Re: How can I become IPS after graduation? Syllabus of the exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi friend,

IPS stands for Indian Police Service then you must have to apply for the UPSC Civil services examination.

STAGES OF EXAM

* Preliminary exams (CSAT)
* Main examination.
* Interview

Eligiblity Criteria -

* Candidates Must be graduate in any discipline from a recognised University.

* And Your age should between 21 to 30 years (If you are general Candidates). Upper age relaxation is applicable for SC, ST, OBC candidates.

*Final year appearing candidates are also eligible for This examination.

Eligible candidates May fill the application form Online By Visit the UPSC website

OR

obtained the application form Directly form the Post Offices In India.

The Syllabus And Pattern are availiable in the UPSC Official website,

ALL THE BEST
10th April 2012, 12:58 AM
sky bhalodi

Quote:
IPS means Indian Police Service , this exam is taken bu UPSC every year . Candidates who are graduate or in final year of their graduation can appear for the exam . The age should be between 21-30 for general candidates , 21-33 for OBC cast , 21-35 for SC/ST cast .
Exam Pattern :
. Exam have three parts first is preliminary part , it is objective type question includes general awareness , aptitude , logical reasoning . This is just for selecting the candidates for next round .
. Next is main round in this there are papers of General study , essay , any language , optional subject -1 , optional subject -2,
Then last is interview round .
Candidates will be selected based on the performance in main exam plus interview .
In main exam the syllabus is upto graduation .
10th April 2012, 01:16 AM
nagendra vijayasree
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hi friend,

IPS stands for indian police service

IPS exam is part of Civil service exam and exam is conducted by UPSC.

Eligibility criteria for IPS exam:

*graduation degree with any stream from a recognized university.

*Age should be between
21 to 30 years for General category candidates
21to 33 year for OBC category candidates
21 to 35 years for SC/ST category candidates

*Number of attempts:
4 attempts for General category candidates.
7 attempts for Obc category candidates
14 attempts for SC/ST category candidates

• Physical qualification for IPS
• Height
o For Men : 165 cm
o For Women :150 cm
o OBC /SC/ST : Male - 160 cm and Female :145 cm

• Chest
Minimum requirement - male candidates is 84cm +5cm
female- is 79cm+5cm

• Eye Sight
eyes should also be healthy

you can visit this official website for more information

http://upsc.gov.com

ALL THE BEST
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?