29th February 2016, 10:59 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for IPS while am still doing my graduation?

Good morning Respected sir/madam,

Myself pushpraj pandey from Bihar Muzaffarpur, I would like to ask that i m graduation part 1 so can i join the entrance exam of IPS... Thank you. Awaiting for the answer on this. Please guide me with the complete information soon.

Thank you!

1st March 2016, 09:05 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for IPS while am still doing my graduation?

No, you are not eligible to apply for IPS while pursuing Graduation. Only candidates who have completed Bachelor's degree course in any discipline from a recognised university are eligible to apply for IPS examination. The age limit required to apply for IPS examination is 21-32 years, upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules. Since, you have not completed Bachelor's degree course, you are not eligible to apply for IPS examination.
1st March 2016, 10:12 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to apply of IPS Examination while you pursue Graduation. There are only two cases where you can apply for Civil Services Examination.

>> You must have completed Graduate Degree or a Bachelor Degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

(or)

>> Candidates who are pursuing their final year of Graduation or last year of Bachelor Degree are eligible to apply for Civil Services Examination.

>> So if you are in the middle of Graduation or 1st year of Graduation, then in that case I am sorry to say that you are not eligible to join Indian Police Services (IPS). For this I suggest you to wait for a few more years till you get the eligibility and meanwhile start your strong preparation towards this examination.
1st March 2016, 10:14 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to apply of IPS Examination while you pursue Graduation. There are only two cases where you can apply for Civil Services Examination.

>> You must have completed Graduate Degree or a Bachelor Degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

(or)

>> Candidates who are pursuing their final year of Graduation or last year of Bachelor Degree are eligible to apply for Civil Services Examination.

>> So if you are in the middle of Graduation or 1st year of Graduation, then in that case I am sorry to say that you are not eligible to join Indian Police Services (IPS). For this I suggest you to wait for a few more years till you get the eligibility and meanwhile start your strong preparation towards this examination.
2nd March 2016, 01:43 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

No, I am sorry to say that you are not eligible to appear for PS examination as the minimum educational requirement in order to be eligible for IPS examination is graduation and as you ave not completed your graduation degree therefore, you are not allowed to appear for the exam.
2nd March 2016, 01:48 AM
Ashfaquerockz
Senior Member+

The minimum eligibility required in order for any candidate to opt for IPS examination is that he/she should have completed his/her graduation in any discipline from a recognized University having scored minimum of 50% in aggregate. Therefore, as you are currently pursuing your graduation course therefor you are not eligible to appear fr your IPS exam. Once you have completed your graduation degree, you will b very much eligible for the examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?