2nd March 2016, 02:22 AM
Sailesh Kumar Dhibara

Will I get a chance to give IPS entrance exam after completion of graduation?

Respected sir,
I wanted to do service in IPS. Is this service required graduation complete in any university i have to heard that. But sir if I complete graduation in any Autonomous college may I able to get chance for give IPS entrance exam?Sir please kindly give my qtn's ans........

2nd March 2016, 06:10 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will I get a chance to give IPS entrance exam after completion of graduation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailesh Kumar Dhibara View Post
Respected sir,
I wanted to do service in IPS. Is this service required graduation complete in any university i have to heard that. But sir if I complete graduation in any Autonomous college may I able to get chance for give IPS entrance exam?Sir please kindly give my qtn's ans........
IPS stands for Indian Police Service.

To be recruited as an IPS Officer, you will have to appear for Civil Services Exam which is commenced by UPSC every year.

Important Dates of upcoming Civil Services Exam:
  • Release of Notifications along with Online Forms: 23 April, 2016
  • Last Date to apply: 20 May 2016
  • Date of Commencement of Exam: 07 August 2016
Civil Services Exam requires Graduation from a candidate to appear in it.

As you will be completing graduation from an autonomous college later on, so you will be eligible for it afterwards.

You will get following no. of attempts as per your category:
  • For General: 3
  • For OBC: 7
  • For SC/ST: No Restriction

And further, you will have qualify three stages to crack IPS Entrance exam.
  • Preliminary Exam (CSAT Exam)
  • Mains Exam
  • Personal Interview
2nd March 2016, 08:52 PM
pabolu srivalli

Thumbs up Re: Will I get a chance to give IPS entrance exam after completion of graduation?

IPS is the Indian Police Service examination which is conducted by the UPSC board and as you have completed your graduation you are eligible,it may be autonomous or the normal recognized body's which are recognized by the government of India are all eligible.

So,you can appear for the IPS selections generally the selection process contains three levels of examinations and you should clear all the three examinations in order to appear for the IPS examination.

The three levels of examinations which are available are
  1. Preliminary Examination
  2. Mains Examination
  3. Interview
These are the three examinations which are conducted for the selection of IPS and this process takes place through out the year.

There are minimum eligibility criteria which are available in order to appear for the IPS selections such as
  1. Should have attained 21 years and not exceed 30 years of age limit
  2. Should have completed graduation or bachelor degree course of study in any of the recognized board of study
  3. Should have to be the Citizen of India only

These are the main eligibility criteria required in order to appear for the IPS selections examinations
2nd March 2016, 09:14 PM
Knowledge World

Default Re: Will I get a chance to give IPS entrance exam after completion of graduation?

Yes ,You can appear in IPS(Indian Police Service) Civil Service Exam which is conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSE).
Eligibility to write this exam:
>>Age Limit: 21-32 for general categories candidate and 3 year relaxation for OBC and 5 year for SC/ST category candidates.
>>Qualifications:Candidates should have graduation degree.
>>A candidate must be a citizen of India.

>>Number of attempts:
General- 6 attempts
OBC- 9 attempts
SC/ST- unlimited number of attempts
Physically handicapped- 9 attempts for general and OBC, while unlimited for SC

>>Selection Procedure based on your performance in:
1.CSAT (civil service aptitude test)
2.Civil service main exam
3.Interview
2nd March 2016, 09:35 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Respected sir,
IPS - Indian Police Service

IPS is one of the Civil service exam which is conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) and is held every year. Yeah you can get a chance to apply for the IPS exam after completion of graduation. You are satisfying the needed educational qualification which is needed for applying for the IPS Exam, as the standard says, candidate who has a degree in any stream from a recognized university is eligible for applying for IPS exam.

There are other standards which are also needed to be satisfied in order to apply for the IPS Exam which includes:
  • Nationality
  • Age limit
  • Physical Standard

-> Candidate should have a citizenship in India.

-> Age limit needed is 21-30 years for general category, 21-33 years for candidates who belong to SC/ST category and for OBC category candidates it is 21-33 years.

-> Candidate need to be physically fit at the time of appearing for the exam.

If you satisfy them all then you can apply for the IPS Exam. For more information regarding the exam check at http://www.upsc.gov.in
3rd March 2016, 12:33 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Respected sir,
After completion of graduation degree, you are eligible for IPS entrance exam.

IPS stands for Indian Police Service. IPS exam is conducted by UPSC through civil service exam.

If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university then you are eligible for IPS exam.

Your age should be in between 21 years to 32 years for general candidates. Age relaxation is given below -

5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates
3 years relaxation for OBC Candidates
10 years relaxation for PHC candidates
5 years relaxation for Ex-serviceman
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?