15th August 2013, 12:26 AM
Unregistered

How can I become an IPS officer? What is the qualification and age limit?

How to become ips officer?what is the qualification and age limit,and i'm b.sc 2nd year student

4th July 2014, 12:39 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I become an IPS officer? What is the qualification and age limit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
How to become ips officer?what is the qualification and age limit,and i'm b.sc 2nd year student

IPS stands for Indian Police service.

IPS exam is conducted by UPSC. There are some criteria you have to follow for appearing in IPS exam.This exam is conducted through Civil Service Exam .

Those candidate who have completed graduation degree from recognized university with minimum percentage marks are eligible for IPS exam.Final year of degree candidate can apply for IPS Exam .

You are now in 2nd year of B.Sc degree so you are now not eligible for IPS exam .

IPS exam is consist of 3 process - Preliminary Exam . Mains Exam and Personal Interview .

Your age should be in between 21-30 years for general candidate.Age relaxation for OBC candidate is 3years and for SC/ST candidate is 5 years.

The maximum attempts for Sc/ST candidate is Unlimited. For OBC candidate it is 7 years and for general candidate it will be 5 years.Also you must be citizen of India.

For more details of IPS Exam , You can visit to www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?