13th December 2012, 07:17 PM
Unregistered

How can I get a job in Merchant Navy? What is the process to get a job

How can i get the job in Merchant Navy ? please tell me to the process to get the job in it i really mead this job

14th December 2012, 10:56 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I get a job in Merchant Navy? What is the process to get a job

I can understand your desperation for job in Merchant Navy. It is a adventerous field that attracts thousands of people. If you are interested in just any job then you can apply for merchant navy right after completing 12th standard.

Candidates who have completed 12th with PCM can apply for Deck Cadet job. Please remember that only science stream students are eligible for job in Merchant Navy. If you belong to arts, commerce stream then there is absolutely no scope for you.

Eligibility

1. Must have passed 12th with PCM.

2. The age limit is 20 years to apply.

3. SC/ST candidates are eligible for 5 years relaxation.

4. Only unmarried candidates are eligible.

5. You will have to meet physical requirements like 150 cm height, 6/6 vision and no color blindness etc.

There are two options for you. After 12th you can apply for deck cadet job. You will undergo through a 3 months long pre sea course which is arranged by the recruiting company.

The other option is to study further for better officer level jobs. For that you must pursue B.Sc in Nautical Science or B.Tech in Marine Engineering.

Direct Entry

If you have completed B.Tech in Mechanical/ Electrical/ Technology then you can also apply for the job in Merchant Navy.

However you would have to go through 9 months long pre sea course in marine engineering from MERI.

7th July 2013, 01:04 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: How can I get a job in Merchant Navy? What is the process to get a job

I have completed my 12 class .......i got 90 percent.......nd how to apply for merchant navy ...my age is only 16.5 yrs

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?