28th January 2014, 06:33 PM
Unregistered

Job in Merchant Navy having experience in IT sector?

Hi, iam from goa. I have completed my ITI in Instrumentation after 10th and also have a 6 month experience in IT Computer Hardware and Networking.
So my question is can i get a job in merchant navy?

Related Questions:
  1. What is the procedure to join Merchant Navy? Age limit and requirements for joining merchant navy?
  2. Job in private sector based on experience in public sector?
  3. Merchant Navy belongs to Government Sector or Private Sector?
  4. How to join merchant navy after b.e(mech.) & at the age of 33yrs?
  5. When to get the application forms for Merchant Navy being a candidate of 12th? Job Opportunities after the completion of B.Tech in Merchant Navy?
  6. Can I join Merchant Navy after passing 12th? What is the requirement?
  7. How to join Merchant Navy after doing diploma in ECE?
  8. Hwo to join merchant Navy if I am interested in Merchant Navy?
  9. Merchant Navy or Indian Navy after B.Sc.? Admission procedure and Institutes?
  10. Is there any possibility to join in Merchant Navy after having masters degree with 4 years experience?
  11. How may I join merchant navy after completion of B.Com degree? What sort of physical fitness is required for the same?
  12. How to get a Job in Merchant Navy being a candidate pursuing Diploma in Electronics and Telecommunication?
  13. How can I get a job in Merchant Navy after completing B.E Automobile? Is there any course which I have to do?
  14. Eligibility criteria for MCA correspondence course of IWP Navi Mumbai?
  15. Merchant Navy Salaries and Job Security Details
  16. Do I have a scope to join Merchant Navy? I have 2 years experience in Indian Navy as a electrical sailor
  17. Government colleges for Merchant Navy? How to join them? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. Is this possible to pursue Merchant Navy after completion of 10th class and getting Job on the basis of this?
27th February 2014, 03:01 PM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Job in Merchant Navy having experience in IT sector?

It is nice to hear that you had experience in the IT Sector.When you be allotted to the Computer Hardware and Networking department surely your experience get benefited by this. Merchant Navy generally go with the various trades goes by Sea.There are even more than 120 types of cargo ships in the world sea.So generally cargo is used to carry the goods with the cheapest way of transportation.So you can obviously find good number of job opportunities as there is a good demand for the Navy candidates.

Merchant navy is the commercial shipping industry.Whereas the Indian navy generally refers with the defense aspects.There is a great demand for the Merchant navy job holders,where professional sear fares as well as the shipping functions goes on.This Shipping is basically categorized in to the Navigation departments,Saloon department as well as the Engine department.

As merchant navy is a challenging sector,you can generally apply after your 10th claass or 12th class qualification.So as you have completed 10th class and gained ITI certification,you may turn it as an Advantage for you.As you are interested to join the Merchant Navy you may apply for the various jobs such as
* SSC(Staff selection commission) recruitment
* CISF Recruitment
* Defense Jobs
* Join Indian Army
* Indian Coast Guard Recruitment and more.

So you can apply for the Merchant Navy by going to the following websites.You may go for the various official sites such as www.merchantnavy.co and www.joinindianarmy.nic.in.So that you can go for the Applying when ever the notification releases.You must meet the Eligibility criteria before applying and you better to continue your studies up to even 12th class.So there by you can apply for the National Defense Academy as well as after Graduation you may apply for the Combined Defense Services and more.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?