28th January 2014, 06:33 PM
Unregistered

Job in Merchant Navy after ITI?

Hi, Sir iam siddesh gaonkar from goa and i have done ITI in Instrumentation after 10th and also have the experiance of IT Computer Hardware and Networking.
So my question is
Can i get the Job in Merchant Navy?

Related Questions:
18th February 2014, 06:47 AM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Job in Merchant Navy after ITI?

It is good here that you have got some years of experience in IT Computer Hardware and Networking.But this could be helpful when you be allotted under the INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY department in Merchant Navy.But you are with the only ITI certification.So With this course generally no one can get in to the Merchant Navy field.

So for this to be eligible ,you must have either 12th class or Diploma course for Merchant Navy.You must have to first complete the 12th class from a recognized university.Because with the only 10th qualification you can not do anything.Generally the candidates with the 12th qualification will undergo 3 month course for the Deck cadets.Similarly 4 years degree courses for the Marine engineering stream.There is a 3 year duration course,the course will be of Nautical science.

If it is for the Diploma holders then the duration of the course is of 2 years course.And for the Graduate Mechanical engineers will undergo for one year course.As you are with the 10th qualification,the courses you must prepare are 3 month pre-sea course for Deck rating,4 month pre-sea for saloon rating,4 month Pre-sea course for the General purpose or rating,and 3 month pre-sea course for the Engine rating.

But for good career,you better to join Merchant Navy with the Qualification of 12th class.So that you can immediately become Merchant Navy officer with this qualification.The main subject you must have completed 12th class is Physics as the Optional Subject.But the Chemistry as well as Mathematics might be other subjects of the Study.To get in to the various cadets easily you tryto complete your 12th class from a recognized university for good career in Merchant Navy.
12th July 2015, 07:20 PM
Unregistered

Sir i have dont my 12 with physics chemistry and biology and i want to make career in merchent navy is there any scoppe for me ?
8th October 2018, 11:57 AM
Unregistered

Hello sir, My name is Ram, I have passed from 12th pcm with ITI also I have a good job for me in the merchant navy
Please tell me
14th December 2018, 10:19 PM
Unregistered

I have completed iti training from central institute of fishery and nautical engineering training Visakhapatnam and after then I have completed 9 months sea service,can I appear MEO entrance in merchant Navy?
29th November 2019, 12:01 PM
Unregistered

Sir I have completed my graduation in Arts stream and also have 2 years ITI diploma in Fitter trade.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?