17th August 2012, 07:15 PM
varshavijaykumar

How can I improve myself in Mathematics?

i am very weak in mathematics can anyone help me out?..and give me some tips

18th December 2012, 09:24 PM
Vishal_13
Member+

Default Re: How can I improve myself in Mathematics?

My friend

Some people like to work alone. However, when it comes to solving problems, it often helps to have a work buddy.

You know the saying: two heads are better than one. Sometimes a work buddy can help clarify a concept for you by looking at it in a different way. Organize a study group or work in pairs or triads! In real life we often work through problems with others.

Math is no different. A work buddy also provides you with the opportunity to discuss how you solved the math problem. And as you'll see in this list of tips, conversing about math leads too permanent understanding and you know that understanding is key.

All too often, we will try to memorize a procedure or sequence of steps instead of looking to understand why certain steps are required in a procedure.

Always, always strive for understanding the why and not just the how. Take the algorithm for long division Typically, we say, "how many times does 3 go into 7" when the question is 73 divided by 3. After all, that 7 represents 70 or 7 tens.

The understanding in this question really has little to do with how many times 3 goes into 7 but rather how many are in the group of three when you share the 73 into 3 groups. 3 going into 7 is merely a short cut. Putting 73 into 3 groups means understanding. The long division algorithm rarely makes sense unless the concrete method is fully understood.
18th December 2012, 10:40 PM
sammy_wrath
Senior Member+

Cool Re: How can I improve myself in Mathematics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by varshavijaykumar View Post
i am very weak in mathematics can anyone help me out?..and give me some tips
Dear Aspirant,

Dont worry that you are weak in maths.Even i was weak in maths.Later i made a plan on working out on maths.
Then slowly i learnt maths how to work it and solve it.
First i used to remember not understand.but now i know my mistake and rectified it.

Now i am understanding it and not need to remember like previous.Now i can do maths very good.So this will be the good solution for you.
Try this method you will get good results.

For learning maths i will guide you some books follow it.

• Mathematical Formulae
By : Dr. N. K. Singh
  • Vedic Mathematics Sutra
By : Dr. Alok Kumar
  • Handbook of Mathematics
By : Dr. Alok Kumar

All the best for your future endeavor's.

Any more Queries.
Don't Hesitate to ask me. Am happy to help you always. Just ping to my profile.

Best Regards,
Sampath.
18th December 2012, 10:43 PM
TitaniumSpark

Default Re: How can I improve myself in Mathematics?

the best way to improve mathematics is to play with it..just solve limited questions but with utter sincerity and understand the concept and not the method alone.
always study the proof of any theorem that is being taught in your syllabus.
never keep the solution of the problem handy...it seriously hampers your thinking ability.
give maths the maximum time you can.
try to relate the learnt things with real life applications like using trigo ant integral in daily life.
all this would require sincerity,interest and dedication.
my personal suggestion..read the biography of srinivasa ramanujan...
..... from an RMO qualified.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?