30th September 2015, 11:53 AM
Unregistered

How can I join Indian Navy being 12th pass?

I am interested in joining Indian Navy. I am in class 12th with science stream. How can I join and what I have to do for joining the Indian Navy?

30th September 2015, 03:46 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I join Indian Navy being 12th pass?

To join Indian Navy being a student of Class 12th you will have to clear NDA examination.

NDA stands for National Defense Academy and it is an academy that provides necessary training and education to those who clear NDA entrance examination and are interested in becoming officer in the defense field. Also NDA has three wings out of which one is Indian Navy and other two are Indian Army and Indian Air force.

The examination is conducted twice every year by Union Public Service Commission in two stages which are respectively called as Written examination ( consisting of two papers ) and Service Selection Board interview.

The qualifications required for appearing in the same examination are as here under :-

* You must have be an unmarried Indian male candidate.

* Your age must be within 16.5 years to 19 years.

* You must have either completed your higher secondary school degree or any other equivalent degree course or must be in the final year of same with any stream of your interest from a recognized institute. Also for joining Indian Navy or Indian Air force your stream of academics must be science with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as your main subjects.

* You must hold the mental and physical toughness as per the service requirement norms.

For further details regarding the syllabus, question pattern, notifications and other necessary information about the same examination you can log on to the official website of UPSC i.e; www.upsc.gov.in.
30th September 2015, 05:45 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am interested in joining Indian Navy. I am in class 12th with science stream. How can I join and what I have to do for joining the Indian Navy?
Yeah you can join in Indian Navy after +2 by applying for the entrance exam for it. With your qualification you can apply for the NDA exam and this is a part of UPSC exam and a defence service exam.

There are eligibility conditions which is needed to be satisfied in order to satisfy and they are:

# Nationality
# Age limit
# Educational qualification
# Physical standard

-> The nationality standard needed is citizenship in India

-> Age limit needed is 16 1/2- 19 1/2 years.

-> Educational qualification needed is candidate should have completed +2 from a recognized school board of education with physics and mathematics as subject for joining in Indian Navy.

-> Candidate need to be physically fit.

If you satisfy all these criteria needed for the exam then you can apply for the NDA Exam.

For more info check at http://www.upsc.gov.in
30th September 2015, 05:59 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

As you are interested to join Indian Army then you can apply for NDA , NDA exam stands for National Defence Academy which is held twice in a year Through UPSC ( Union Public Service Commission ) i.e NDA - I & NDA - II .

There are certain eligibility criteria for this exam which are as follows:

The candidates should be a citizen of India.
The candidates should be 10+2 pass from a recognized Board that to in Science Stream (PCM) .
The age limit is 16.5 - 19 years.

NDA and NA Exam (II)-2015

Date of Examination: 27th September 2015

Written Exam Results will be declared in: December 2015

For more details visit website of http://www.upsc.gov.in
30th September 2015, 06:41 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

One can join Indian Navy through NDA exam after doing 12th. NDA exam is conducted by UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) twice a year .

Eligibility criteria for NDA Exam to join Indian Naval Academy are as under :-

-The candidate must be a citizen of India.

-The age limit for the candidate is 16.5 years to 19 years.

-Only unmarried male candidate can apply for the exam.

-The candidate should have passed 10+2 with Physics,Chemistry and Mathematics .

-The selection process involves of

*Written Examination

* Personal Interview by Service Selection Board
30th September 2015, 06:55 PM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

# Best way before you for joining Indian Navy is cracking the National Defence Academy (NDA) Examination which is conducted for making recruitment for Indian defence forces.

# National Defence Academy (NDA) Examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission twice in a year.

# It is required that candidate must have either completed or appeared in the 10+2 level in any stream with any percentage marks.

# Other required eligibility conditions are:

* Must be Indian citizen.
* Must not be married.
* Must be male candidate.
* Must not be insane or mad.
* Must have moral character.

# Required physical fitness parameters are:

* 165 cm of height.
* Body weight proportionate to height.
* Must have eye sight of 6/6 or 6/9.
* Must not have colour blindness and night blindness.
* Must not suffered from any critical or serious disease.
* Must not have any bodily or orthopedically deformity.
* Must not have FLAT FOOT or KNOCK KNEE.

# Scheme and pattern of NDA Examination:

* Written Test (Objective Type)
* SSB Interview
* Physical and Medical Test

# Pattern of Objective Type Written Test of NDA Examination:

* General Ability (600 marks)
* Mathematics (300 marks)

# Pattern of SSB Interview:

* Personal Interview
* Psychological Test
* Picture Perception Test
* Group Discussion
* Intelligence Test
30th September 2015, 07:53 PM
kkghorla
Senior Member+

To join the Indian Navy after the 12th you have to first qualify the written exam of N.D.A.(National defense academy) which conduct the exam for all three wings-

Air wing

Navy wing

Army wing

Eligibility for NDA is-

>> The candidate to be indian citizen and have to be qualified the 12th class in any stream science, art or commerce can apply for indian army.

>> The candidate of the science stream passed the 12th with physics and math can apply for all three wings.

>> only the unmarried male candidate can apply for it and should be physically fit.

>> A subject of Nepal and Bhutan can also apply if he is migrated to india since 1962 for permanent residential purpose.

>> The age of candidate should be in 16.5 to 19 years.
30th September 2015, 08:19 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

You can join Indian Navy after 10+2 through the NDA/NA entrance exam held every year by the UPSC. For Indian Navy, a candidate should have studied Physics, Mathematics and English in 10+2 from a recognized board.

The age limit is 16.5-19.5 years. As per UPSC guidelines, only unmarried male Indian candidates can apply for the exam.

For joining Navy, clear the following stages of NDA/NA exam:

1. Written test.

2. Service Selection Board.

3. Physical test.

The official website is www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?