13th May 2011, 09:23 AM
Gaurav singh panwar

How can I join MBA program even though I do not have 50% marks in graduation?

i want to do mba but i do not have more than 50% in b.com .... and it is giving me a problem in selecting the colleges of MBA .

29th February 2012, 02:22 PM
potensis
Senior Member++

Default Re: How can I join MBA program even though I do not have 50% marks in graduation?

There are many colleges in India which provide MBA courses,the admission process differ from one college to another.There are many colleges which asked for graduation with minimum of 50% marks from any discipline from a recognized college, you will have to clear 3 phases of the admission procedure which are:- firstly Written Examination , General Group Discussions,and Personal Interview..Here is list of colleges offering MBA course:-

MBA Colleges in Bhubaneswar,

MBA Colleges in Chennai,

MBA Colleges in Bihar,

MBA Colleges in Chandigarh,

MBA Colleges in Gujarat,

MBA Colleges in Coimbatore,

MBA Colleges in Delhi,

MBA Colleges in Gurgaon,

MBA Colleges in Haryana,

MBA Colleges in Hyderabad.
11th July 2012, 03:46 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How can I join MBA program even though I do not have 50% marks in graduation?

i am a graduate in bcom hnrs with 45%.. which good b-coleges shld i move on.. nd what ll b a point..if i have a gd score in CAT.. den...
11th July 2012, 05:44 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

You should not have any problem in applying for the MBA course even though you haven't scored 50 percent marks in the graduation course. I think you are facing problem because you are trying to appear in CAT exam or colleges that give admission on the basis of CAT score.

MBA which means Master of Business Administration is a 2 year post graduation course. Now the general belief is that you can not apply for MBA unless you score 50 percent in the graduation course. This is absolutely wrong and below I will explain it to you how you can get admission in a good college even through you have not scored 50 percent marks.

Now there are basically two ways to get admission in MBA college which is appearing in one of the two following exams:

Common Admission Test (CAT)

Management Aptitude Test (MAT)

Most people know about Common Admission Test and apply for it, very few people know about Management Aptitude Test which is the problem.

There is a very basic eligibility to appear in the CAT exam that you need to score 50 percent in the graduation course. If you belong to the SC/ST category you get 5 per cent relaxation making it 45 percent. In your case which is also the case of several other people, they fail to score 50 percent thus not eligible to appear in the CAT exam.

Now should be done? People like yourself should go for MAT exam instead of CAT. The basic difference between two exams are while both are for admission in MBA college, CAT requires you to secure 50 percent marks in graduation course while there is no such requirement for MAT.

This means that even with less than 50 percent marks you can appear in MAT exam and if performed well, you will get admission in MBA college.

The MAT exam takes place four times a year. This exam is conducted by the All India Management Association (AIMA).

All you need is graduation degree and your age should be at least 21 years to appear in MAT exam. Once you have passed the exam make sure to apply in only colleges that accept the MAT score because the requirement of 50 percent in graduation course in relevant for colleges that accept CAT score.
11th July 2012, 08:00 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Well as you must be knowing it that there are several exams that you can give to study MBA in different B-Schools in India. So although you do not have the marks to sit for the CAT exam but you can go for MAT exam.

For MAT exam you just need to be a graduate in any discipline. There is no pressure of maintaining a certain marks at graduation level which means you just need to pass and that is it. If you are a final year student then also you can give this exam.

There is no age criteria as well so you can give this exam anytime you want.

Exam Pattern:

Top B-Schools which accepts MAT scores:

>>JK Business School
>>Delhi School of Professional Studies And Research
>>Graduate School of Business and Administration
>>International Institute of Business Studies
>>Jaipuria Institute of Management Lucknow
>>Global Institute of Management Science
>>GD Goenka World Institute
>>Goa Institute of Management
11th July 2012, 09:00 PM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaurav singh panwar View Post
i want to do mba but i do not have more than 50% in b.com .... and it is giving me a problem in selecting the colleges of MBA .
dear friend,
for getting admission in mba course, you will have to first give the cart exam. if you score good marks in that exam, then only you will get admission in a good college.
for giving the cat exam, the minimum qualification required is that the student must have done graduation in any field with atleast 50%marks.
once you clear the exam with good score, you will not face any difficulty in taking admission regarding your low percentage in graduation.
10th October 2012, 10:05 PM
Unregistered

having less than 50% inn graduation n graduation too in b.a.english hons...which mba colg i can apply for
30th May 2013, 02:03 PM
Unregistered

plz suggest m the names of colleges that accept below 50% in graduation bimtech nd empi they are taking admission at this score
9th April 2016, 02:05 PM
Unregistered

i scored 40 percent in my under graduate exam in english honours.can i sit for cat or mat or xat
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?