15th May 2014, 01:23 AM
Shankarr nayak

How can I make my career in Railways? I am a student of B.Tech M.E

I want to know, career in railway.i m student of B.tech(M.E)

1st October 2015, 12:48 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I make my career in Railways? I am a student of B.Tech M.E

To make career in Indian Railways being an Bachelor of technology in Mechanical Engineering students you will have to clear RRB examination.

RRB stands for Railway Recruitment Board examination and the same examination is conducted once every by different RRB's as a rotation policy under the supervision of Ministry of Indian Railways.

Here you have to options with you one is the option of becoming a junior engineer and other is the option of becoming a senior engineer.

The qualifications required for appearing in the same examination for different posts are as here under :-

* Nationality :-

For both the posts, your nationality must have to be Indian.

* Educational qualification :-

For junior engineer, you must have completed your diploma in engineering course or must be in the final year of same.

Where as for senior engineer, you must have completed your bachelor of engineering /technology course from a university affiliated to UGC.

* Age limit :-

For junior engineer, your age must be within 18 years to 32 years. Age relaxation is applicable for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

For senior engineer, your age must lie in between 20 years to 34 years. Here also there is provision of age relaxation for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

For further queries regarding the same you can log on to the official link of RRB i.e; www.rrb.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?