31st August 2011, 08:41 PM
bush anju

How can I prepare for GATE exam after BCA?

Sir,
I m BCA student after bca can i prepare for gate exam...or in this course gate is possible...if yes then tell me the procedure...

thank u...

13th October 2011, 06:37 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I prepare for GATE exam after BCA?

It is not possible to appear for the GATE exam yet. You need to join for the MCA course. Only after that you can appear for the GATE exam. You can do the same when you are in the final year of MCA too. You can start preparing right away for this exam.

14th October 2011, 12:31 PM
mukul0094
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bush anju View Post
Sir,I m BCA student after bca can i prepare for gate exam...or in this course gate is possible...if yes then tell me the procedure...thank u...
Information Regarding GATE Examination.

First i inform you that you are not eligible for the GATE examination after completing the BCA course. GATE examination is conducted by the management of IIT college for the admission in the M.Tech course. Many other college also take admission in the M.Tech course through the GATE score card. You need MCA degree to appear in the GATE examination. The details eligibility criteria for the GATE examination is given below :

Eligibility Criteria for GATE EXAM :-

-> Bachelor degree in the field of engineering/technology/Architecture (4 years after 12th).
->Master degree holder in any branch of science/mathematics/statics/computer application.

NOTE :- According to GATE-2012 notification the pre-final year candidates are not eligible to apply for GATE examination. Only final year and pass out candidates are eligible to apply for GATE examination.

For more information about the details eligibility criteria please CLICK HERE...!!!

So, if you completed BCA course then you are not eligible for the GATE examination. To appear in the GATE examination you need the MCA degree. So, i advise you to join MCA course and after then you can apply for the GATE examination. For any more information about the GATE examination please visit the official website of GATE: http://www.iitk.ac.in/gate/gate2012/index.php

Regards
~Mukul~

14th October 2011, 04:53 PM
ritam_rocks

dear friend,
After BCA you can not apply for GATE.At first you should join the MCA, afterthat you can apply for GATE.So, be prepared for MCA at first.

All the best...

21st October 2011, 04:23 PM
Fraction Down

Dear friend,

According to the Eligibility of the GATE:

1:You should have a Bachelor's degree holder in Engineering or Technology or Architecture or Pharmacy of 4 years after 10+2.

2:You can also apply if you are in the final year examination of the Bachelor Degree.
or
3:You have to be a Master degree holders in any branch of Science like Physics,Chemistry, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Applications etc....

4:You can also apply if you are in the final year examination of the Master Degree.

In this year 2012,the GATE 2012 is organized by Indian Institute of Technology,Delhi

The Important date for GATE 2012:-

1. Last date for Submission of Online Application (website closure at 23:00 Hrs): 21 October 2011 (Friday).

2. Last date for the receipt of printed version of ONLINE Application at the respective zonal GATE Office: 28 October 2011 (Friday)

According to gate criteria being a student of BCA you can not take part in GATE-2012.

So,friend my suggestion is at first you complete your MCA.Then you will eligible in GATE-2014.

Study the syllabus in attachment and go for it.
Best of luck.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Syllabus C S E GATE Sample Papers.zip(174.5 KB, 71 views)

25th October 2011, 10:33 PM
dimple.simple
Senior Member++

According to the Eligibility of the GATE:

1:You should have a Bachelor's degree holder in Engineering or Technology or Architecture or Pharmacy of 4 years after 10+2.

2:You can also apply if you are in the final year examination of the Bachelor Degree.
or
3:You have to be a Master degree holders in any branch of Science like Physics,Chemistry, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Applications etc....

4:You can also apply if you are in the final year examination of the Master Degree.

In this year 2012,the GATE 2012 is organized by Indian Institute of Technology,Delhi

The Important date for GATE 2012:-

1. Last date for Submission of Online Application (website closure at 23:00 Hrs): 21 October 2011 (Friday).

2. Last date for the receipt of printed version of ONLINE Application at the respective zonal GATE Office: 28 October 2011 (Friday)

According to gate criteria being a student of BCA you can not take part in GATE-2012.

So,friend my suggestion is at first you complete your MCA.Then you will eligible in GATE-2014.

Study the syllabus in attachment and go for it.

23rd June 2016, 12:35 AM
Unregistered

Sir,i am md shahnawaz and i am studying in bca after that i want to study in mca through gate.sir,what i am eligible to apply in gate after bca for study in mca. [email protected]

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?