12th June 2013, 09:04 PM

How can I prepare for IAS exam as a civil engineering student?

As a civil Engineering student how can I prepare for IAS exam?how much marks carry in IAS exam?

Related Questions:
  1. How do I prepare to become an IAS Officer pursuing BE in Civil Engineering?
  2. How can I prepare for IAS exam as a civil engineering student? -- [New]
  3. How to prepare for civil services examination right from 1st year of B.Tech.?
  4. Guidance to prepare for IAS and IES Exams being a candidate pursuing 2nd year of BE in Civil Engineering? Previous 10 year Question Papers for these Exams?
  5. How to prepare for IAS exam for 2nd year Civil engineering student? When to start preparing?
  6. Which subjects to prepare for IAS Exam being a candidate of final year B.Tech in Civil Engineering?
  7. How to prepare for IAS Exam being a candidate pursuing 1st year of Engineering in IT stream?
  8. Which IAS subject will be suitable for ECE Engineering Student?
  9. How to prepare for IAS and IES? I am a 2nd year student of B.Tech Civil Engineering
  10. How to prepare for IAS with optional subjects Punjabi and Chemistry. I'm a first year engineering student at IIT
  11. How to prepare for IAS exam after passing Electronics Engineering?
  12. How should I prepare for Civil Service exam? I am a engineering graduate student in computers
  13. What kind of preparation is required for IAS? I am a 11th grade student and want to prepare for Civil Service Examination
  14. IAS exam after Btech in IT? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. How to prepare for IAS?
  16. How should I prepare for IAS exam? Which are the main subjects that I have to study?
  17. What can I choose as a core subject for IAS exam in civil engineering? I am a student of B.Tech 3rd year civil engineering
  18. Study Materials to prepare for IAS Exam in Civil Engineering?
14th July 2015, 06:45 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I prepare for IAS exam as a civil engineering student?

Yes, you are eligible to appear as for the I.A.S entrance examination. But there is no separate examination for the I.A.S. The examination is conducted by the UPSC as the civil services examination.

The eligibility to appear for the examination is :-
* Candidate must have passed the graduation from the recognized university.
* Candidate age must be between 21-30 years and relaxation in the age for the OBC and the SC/ST candidate of 3 years and 5 years respectively.

So you can appear for the next year as the application for the 2015 is closed. There is no restriction on the selection of the optional paper. So candidate need to select the optional as one in which they have more interest and the knowledge.

The examination is conducted in three stages as the :-
* Preliminary.
* Mains.
* Interview.

The candidate need to qualify in all the stages for the final selection but the designation as according to the final merit list as the first 150 rankers are offered the I.A.S.

For more information visit at the www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?