3rd September 2013, 11:06 PM
bhavana.bhavita

How can I prepare for IAS examination? I am a MCA student

sir,
my frnd did his mca this year... he wants to prepare for ias examination... is he eligible for preparing ias?

5th July 2015, 04:35 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I prepare for IAS examination? I am a MCA student

I.A.S stands for Indian Administrative Services. The examination to become an IAS is conducted by the UPSC as the Civil Sevices examination.

Yes, your friend is eligible to appear for the examination. There is common examination for the IAS,IPS,IFS etc as the post are offered on the basis of the merit list.

The eligibility to appear for the examination is :-
* Candidate must have passed the graduation in any discipline from the recognised university.
* Candidate age must be between 21-30 years and there is relaxation of 3 years for the OBC and 5 for the SC/ST candidates.

The application for the 2015 is cloased and the examination will be conducted on the 23rd of August for the first stage.

Note :- There is no limitation on the selection of the optional paper other than the discipline of the graduation.

The examination is conducted in the three stages as the :-
* Preliminary.
* Mains.
* Interview.

It is necessary to qualify in the all stages for the final selection but the merit list will be made on the basis of the next two only.

To get the complete syllabus for the preparation visit at the official website www.upsc.gov.in but before this go through the NCERT books from the class VII-XII and National newspaper in English.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?