2nd September 2013, 09:51 PM
neha27rawat

How can I prepare for IES exam after the month of August through self studies?

sir, i want to prepare for i.e.s exam after month of august through selfstudy............so please suggest me better guidline

31st August 2016, 10:02 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I prepare for IES exam after the month of August through self studies?

IES stands for Indian Engineering Services. This examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission.

Eligibility criteria for this examination:

>>Candidate must have done bachelor's degree in any engineering discipline from a recognized university. But a candidate can give examination in only four streams that is mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, electronics and communication engineering and Civil Engineering.

>>Age limit for examination is 21-30 years on 1st August of year of exam.

Yes, you can crack this examination through self study. Just follow given strategy:

>>First of all note down engineering services exam for your discipline. Divide the syllabus into different subjects. After that read the basic book for each subject then solve questions objective as well as subjective. Once you are done with basic books, go through standard books and then see previous year papers and types of questions asked. Follow this step with all subjects.

>>After every 2 weeks, revise each and everything which you have read in last two weeks.

>>Always be updated with current affairs, read newspapers and solve aptitude questions as it will help you in general ability test.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?