17th August 2011, 08:13 PM
asish25

How can I prepare myself for IPS after completing BCA?

Sir I completed BCA in .Now I am in MCA 1st year. I want to prepare myself for IPS.Please guide me.

19th August 2011, 10:35 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I prepare myself for IPS after completing BCA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by asish25 View Post
Sir I completed BCA in .Now I am in MCA 1st year. I want to prepare myself for IPS.Please guide me.
If you are Interested to Prepare for UPSC Civil Services Examination to become IPS Officer, then you have to cracked the Preliminary examination Because If you have cracked the Preliminary examination, Only then you are eligible to SIT in Main Examination.

>> Preliminary examination was also known as CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test) Examination. There are Two Papers in this examination and Both are of Same Marks and Same Duration. So, please concentrate on Preliminary examination. So please refer some Good Books from the Market and try to solve them Regularly only then you will be able to cracked the Preliminary examination.

Best Books For CSAT Examination -

UPSC CSAT Examination Pattern -

19th August 2011, 10:57 PM
BEST CAREER
Member+

Hello friend

If you want to become a IPS officer and want to prepare for the UPSC exam for IPS POST
Firstly you need to understand how the examination is conducted or what is the pattern of the examination.

So ,if you are really dedicated to do IPS exam then please go for a good coaching institute either a weekend or a full time coaching for civil services examination

If you want to get success in this exam then it is very important to be updated in current affairs.

If you want to get the syllabus for the IPS exam then you can refer the official site of upsc :
http://www.upsc.gov.in
19th August 2011, 11:24 PM
Sehwag6

ips tands for Indian police service

eligibility:-

**educational qualification is graduation in any stream

**age limit is 21 to 30 years

**then apply union public service commission

many aptitude quantitative books are available in markets

purchase that books and prepare well with previous year papers

all the best
20th August 2011, 12:10 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Hello Ashish,
To get into Indian Police Service, you will have to crack civil service exam conducted by UPSC.

Being a graduate, you are eligible to write the exam, no matter which stream you have studied. The minimum eligible age is 21 years and the maximum age limit is 30 years.

To crack the written exams, which are conducted in two phases, you must have strong command over the following subjects:
General Studies
English
Essay Writing
Comprehension
Reasoning
General Mathemetics including algebra, arithmatic, geometry, graphs etc.

The first phase of written exam is known as civil service aptitude test. It comprise of two papers designed to check candidates civil service aptitude including general studies.

The second phase is known as the Main exam and comprise of compulsory as well as optional papers.

To know more and to get previous year question papers of civil service exam, you must visit the official website of UPSC.
20th August 2011, 12:23 AM
saugata2008

There is a Preliminary examination at first you have to pass after that you will be eligible for IPS. The Preliminary examination is named as CSAT.
There are so many good books available in the market for those exams follow those like R S Aggarwal and many more.

thank you
22nd October 2011, 08:48 PM
Unregistered

sir right now i m in M.B.A 3rd sem,
sir i want to become a IPS officer plz give me some guidelines and also give me some advice how i improve my G.k.
sir my graduation with economic, political science, Hindi, English.
SIR TELL ME SOME INSTITUTES WHICH GIVE THE COACHING OF IPS..... SIR I BELONG TO PUNJAB (ROPAR).
SIR ALSO TELL ME SOME BOOKS NAME ......
SIR I SHALL BE VERY THANK FULL TO U FOR THIS HELP......
30th November 2011, 07:05 PM
litunu

If you are Interested to Prepare for UPSC Civil Services Examination to become IPS Officer, then you have to cracked the Preliminary examination Because If you have cracked the Preliminary examination, Only then you are eligible to SIT in Main Examination.

>> Preliminary examination was also known as CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test) Examination. There are Two Papers in this examination and Both are of Same Marks and Same Duration. So, please concentrate on Preliminary examination. So please refer some Good Books from the Market and try to solve them Regularly only then you will be able to cracked the Preliminary examination.
6th July 2012, 01:06 PM
Unregistered

which courses can i do after complete bcs to mca?
1st September 2012, 02:20 AM
Unregistered

Pempa
sir
I am 1st year in BCA but sir i want to be totally an IPS officer, so what should i do to become an IPS officer and what sort of time will take to become IPS officer.Sir needed an suggestion
12th January 2013, 10:38 PM
Unregistered

Respected sir I have completed BCA after that i want to prepration for UPSC is it possible to prepration for this can do myself.pls give me suggestion if my think is ringht then its ok other wise how can crack this dream.
thanking you.
prafull kumar.
[email protected].
16th September 2013, 07:20 PM
cpmeena49

Hi Friend,
I am really happy to tell you that you can prepare yourself for the IPS after completing your BCA degree. As you know that IPS stands for Indian Police Services. This Exam is conducted by UPSC.UPSC conduct this Civil Service Exam for many services like Indian Administrative Services, Indian Police Services, Indian Foreign Services and many more. It has two papers as Preliminary and Main Exam. You have to pass preliminary Exam for participate in Main Exam. The Notification for this Civil Service Exam is published during Nov-Dec per year in main newspapers and Employment News paper. I advised you to get an Employment News paper copy for full Information.

Eligibility Criteria:-
1. Candidate should be Indian.
2. Candidate should have a graduate degree from a recognized university.
3. The candidates those are in last year are eligible to apply.
4. Candidate age should be minimum 21 Years and Maximum 30 years/
5. Technical Students like B.E., B.Tech are eligible to apply.
6. MBBS students are also eligible to apply.

Age Relaxation:-
There is 5 years for SC/ST candidates
There is 3 years for OBC Candidates
There is 10 years for PHC candidates
There is 5 years for Ex-serviceman

Number of attempts :-There are 3 attempts for General Category candidates .There are 7 attempts for OBC candidates and unlimited attempts for ST/SC candidates.

Selection Procedure:-
1. Preliminary Exam (Objective)
2. Main Exam (Written)
3. Interview

The Preliminary Exam normally held in second week of May every year. The preliminary exam would be objective type. In this Exam two objective papers would be conducted in a day. First paper would be on History, Geography, Civics, General Knowledge and Latest current affairs. Second paper would be on English, General Awareness, Math’s, reasoning and Aptitude. Each paper timing would be of three hours. After clearing this exam you would be eligible for the Main Exam. It would be written in descriptive. After Main Exam there would be Interview. In interview thrice candidates are called for the interview to the total posts. It is the last stage for the IPS Exam.

Penalty for Wrong Answers:- There is 1/3 marks deducted for a wrong answer. There is no penalty for not attempted questions but marks would be deduct if you tick more than one answer it would be treated as wrong answer.

How to apply: - You can apply for this exam through online only .The Cost of Application form Rs.100/- for General and OBC candidates and there is no fees for SC/ST candidates.

Exam Centers:-
• Agartala
• Ahmedabad
• Aizawl
• Aligarh
• Allahabad
• Aurangabad
• Bengaluru
• Bareilly
• Bhopal
• Chandigarh
• Chennai
• Cuttack
• Dehradun
• Delhi
• Dharwad
• Dispur
• Gangtok
• Hyderabad
• Imphal
• Itanagar
• Jaipur
• Jammu
• Jodhpur
• Jorhat
• Kochi
• Kohima
• Kolkata
• Lucknow
• Madurai
• Mumbai
• Nagpur
• Panaji(Goa)
• Patna
• Puducherry
• Port Blair
• Raipur
• Ranchi
• Sambalpur
• Shillong
• Shimla
• Srinagar
• Tirupati
• Thiruvananthapuram
• Udaipur and
• Vishakhapatnam

For more information about this exam please visit to UPSC website www.upsc.gov.in
**** ALL THE BEST ****
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?