2nd September 2010, 01:06 AM
Unregistered

How to prepare to become an IPS officer?

respected sir
I am in BCA 2nd year I want to become an IPS officer so how and what should i prepare to get through the exam please sir help me I really need a guide line to which I can follow to become an IPS officer......!!!!

Related Questions:
2nd September 2010, 03:13 AM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to prepare to become an IPS officer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
respected sir
I am in BCA 2nd year I want to become an IPS officer so how and what should i prepare to get through the exam please sir help me I really need a guide line to which I can follow to become an IPS officer......!!!!
Dear friend
UPSC conducts civil services examination every year and this is the only way to be an IPS officer.
There are mainly three steps of the exam.

First one is prelims exam. The prelims exam exam consist of a General Studies paper and an Optional Subject paper chosen by you from the given list of subject at the time of application. This is the pattern till this year. The pattern of preliminary is about to change. There could be a Common Aptitude paper but it can't be said for sure.

The 2nd step is Mains Examination which consist of two GS papers, two optional subjects, essay paper, language paper, english paper etc.
once you qualify mains on the basis of marks of mains you will be called for Interview and the marks of interview added with rest of mains marks to calculate final score to publish ranks.

Eligibility
Bachelor degree from any Govt of India recognized university.
AGE:GEN-21-30, OBC-relaxation of 3 years, SC/ST-relaxation of 5 years.

More you can read at the following websites
www.upsc.gov.in
www.upscexam.com
www.civilservices.in
www.upscportal.com
Thank You
2nd September 2010, 04:22 AM
robart
Senior Member+

dear friend,

after passing your BCA final year exam, you will be eligible for civil services exam which is conducted by UPSC exam. after passing this exam with good marks you may become an IPS officer.

from now starts reading any national daily news paper.it improves your general studies.

as computer is not a subjects in the list of subjects prescribed by UPSC so you have to choose any two optional subjects among about 22 subjects.

all the best....
2nd September 2010, 07:38 AM
sanjusabu

DEAR FRIEND,
YOU HAVE TO APPEAR AT CIVIL SERVICE EXAM CONDUCTED BY THE
UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION (UPSC).
ELIGIBILITY:-
NATIONALITY: INDIAN
AGE LIMIT: BETWEEN 21-30 AS ON AUGUST 01 ON THE YEAR OF
EXAM.
EDUCATION: A DEGREE FROM A RECOGNIZED UNIVERSITY.
FOR UPSC EXAM YOU CAN TAKE HELP OF THE GK BOOKS AND
IAS GUIDEBOOK WHICH IS AVAILABLE IN MARKET IN PLENTY.

FOR MORE DETAILS:
http://www.iaspapers.info/2007/06/15/7864/how-to-become-an-iasips-officer/index.html
http://exam-results.org/how-to-become-an-iasips-officer/.
BEST OF LUCK.
2nd September 2010, 07:53 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Hello friend,
To become IPS officer, you will need to apper in the civil service examination.
The minimum educational qualification required to be eligible for this exam is a bachelor degree in any stream. The minimum eligible age for general candidate is 21 years and the maximum age limit is 30 years. Relaxation of age for candidate belonging to OBC category is 3 years and for candidate belonging to SC/ST category is 5 years.
Civil Service examination is conducted every year by UPSC(union public service commission). Candidate needs to face three phases of the examination.

1. Preliminary examination-conducted during the second half of may.
In the preliminary exam, you will have to write two papers.
General studies
Optional Paper

Following is the list of optional subject
Psychology, Agriculture ,Botany, Commerce, Economics, Geography, IndianHistory ,Law, Civil Engineering ,Mathematics ,Mechanical Engineering Medical Science, Philosophy ,Physics ,Electrical Engineering ,Political Science ,Geology ,Public Administration, Sociology, Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science ,Chemistry , Statistics .

After qualifying preliminary examination, you will need to appear for
2. Main examination- conducted during the month of oct/nov

In the main exam, you will have to appear for the following subjects
Modern Indian Language, General English, Essay, General Studies and optional subjects.
After successful performance in the main exam, you will be called for an interview.
2nd September 2010, 10:35 AM
kshitijawadhiya

Quote:
respected sir
I am in BCA 2nd year I want to become an IPS officer so how what should i prepare to get through the exam please sir help me I really need a guide line to which I can follow to become an IPS officer......!!!!
you can go through IAS exam , after getting qualified there you can opt for IAS or ips. usually the lower ranked IAS are given IPS responsibility.....
you must go through all the portions you need to do for IAS exam....
2nd September 2010, 10:49 AM
kool
Senior Member++

Dear friend,
For being an IPS officer you have to appear in civil services exam conducted by UPSC.
As you a student of 2nd year in BCA, then i would like to suggest you how to prepare for it:
In this exam there are three sections:
1: Prelims test- In which you have to face the questions of General
knowledge,Reasoning,Maths,English,current affairs etc(as per new pattern of UPSC
exam)

so for preparation of it, you have to read newspaper daily as well as solve so many reasoning ,maths & english questions from any reference book like R.S.Agrawal etc.
& you have to follow monthly magazine also like Pratiyogita darpan,CRS,Arihant monthly magazine etc.

2: for mains preparation you have to select any two paper as per your choice which may
be belong to your syllabus of your graduation course.

3: Interview: you have to well prepared for Interview after selection of mains.
For interview you have to be well knowledge about your subject as well as Indian
politics,Indian Economy etc. It depend upon Interviewer , which question he will ask
to you.

kindly start the preparation of prelims test at this time, it will helpful to you.
& for more information about this exam kindly visit:
www.upsc.gov.in

good luck.
2nd September 2010, 11:49 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

To be an IPS officer the candidates have to clear the Civil Services exam by UPSC. You can study on your own and buy the study materials that are published by institutes like Easy Made publications or join some coaching centre. For current affairs read newspapers and listen to news daily. Read magazines like competition review. For general subjects you can refer to NCERT books of 10,11th and 12th.You can choose the optional subject in which you can give your best. Prepare all the subjects thoroughly. Make a list of formula for ready reference.
2nd September 2010, 12:09 PM
NITIN2
Senior Member+

Dear friend

as you are the student of BCA, there no syllabus in the IPS exam for the BCA student.

If you want to appear in the IPS exam conducted by UPSC then you have to choose

subject other than yours. You can choose subject like

1. Math

2.History

3.political science

4. Economics

5. Physics

note - when you pass your graduation ,your age should be less than equal to 30 years.

best of luck
2nd September 2010, 01:25 PM
Sdrmadkam

Look to become ips officer u have to be courageous faith in ur talent.self motivation is needed. If u r intrested in tuition then it is very helpful but if u r intrested in self study then u have to very hard on ur feelings.
2nd September 2010, 03:26 PM
avinash kr.
Banned

when you completed bca then you prepare for entrance exam foe ips. you can help ffrom a good coaching but self study is most useful. thanking you
2nd September 2010, 04:57 PM
monu1

upsc conducts civil service exams every year rank list will be published after prilims mains and interview
you should have good general knowledge and a good personality hardworking is the only way to sucess
2nd September 2010, 05:04 PM
asahu47
Senior Member+++

hi.
* IPS (Indian Police Services) officer …

Is all done though the same “UPSC held Civil Services” examination! This guide is written from the point of view of becoming an IAS officer. However, the procedure to become an IPS etc. officer is also the same!

To get into the IAS, you will have to give the “UPSC held Civil Services Examination”. It is a common exam for getting into the IAS, IPS etc. To succeed in the “Civil Services Examination” you first need to understand how the examination is conducted or the “examination format”!

GGOD LUCK>...
2nd September 2010, 08:52 PM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

for becoming an ips officer you have to write the exam conducted by upsc
the complete detail's are available at upsc.gov.in
all the best
2nd September 2010, 10:42 PM
Unregistered

what to study to become a IPS.
2nd September 2010, 11:53 PM
poplu13
Senior Member+

The basic way of preparing for IPS officer's exam is to be generally aware..ofcourse you need not mug up GK books ...but you have to follow the news paper...and read editorial everyday...
3rd September 2010, 12:00 AM
asahu47
Senior Member+++

hi.
my dear friend it gives pleasure to know your dream to become IPS for this - you have to start preparing right now. The UPSC conducts examination for Civil services examination you can also check in Employment news regularly for this. first sect two subjects and start preparing and mastering these subjects . start reading 2 to 3 english news papers and Competition Master . For general studies for Unique or any best General studies guide.. purchase Constitution of India also. you have to become master in many ways to become IPS so dear start now .. al the best..
Source(s):
Rao coaching center in New Delhi is prescribed for it

good luck.
3rd September 2010, 06:04 AM
syedirshadameen

Post Re: How to prepare to become an IPS officer?

You should have to read general knowledge,b.tech,degree for becomig IPS officer
3rd September 2010, 08:40 PM
mini rani
Senior Member++

HI!

It is the right decision to start your preparation from 2nd year onward. In this way you will get enough time to prepare well for the exam & you will be surely able to crack the UPSC exam.

Here, are some useful tips which will help you during your preparation:

Selection of the right optional subject for prelims & mains is of utmost importance. You may choose History, maths, geography as they are very scoring subjects.

Update yourself with the latest events. Read some good newspapers like the hindu & times of india & magazines like Pratiyogita darpan, year book etc.

Try to solve model papers based on latest exam pattern. Analyze result, find out the weak areas & try to overcome those weak areas.

Enhance your personality because it will definitely be one of the criteria for selection. For IPS physical well being is of great importance, you should be medically fit.

Regular practice is the only key to success in any exam.
4th September 2010, 12:22 PM
shivanigarg_4u

if you have to become an IPS officer you will have to go for the upsc exam and you really have to work hard for it.
4th September 2010, 01:29 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,
IPS (Indian Police Services) or IAS (Indian Administrative Services)
officers are the part of central Govt. of India.

So,to be a IPS officer is not so easy,there is an one of the toughest
exam conducted by the UPSC.

However,according to the Syllabus and pattern of the examination,
there are three steps.
Step1:Preliminary examinations which consists
of two papers of multiple choice questions

a)General Studies,
b)Optional Subjects.

Step2:Main examination which consists of
9 papers. the questions are more streneous than CAT,questions
are may be from general studies,current affairs etc..

Step3:Personal Interview:which is generally
related to the social traits,personality,smartness , integrity and
qualities of leadership etc....

For more details visit:http://www.onestopias.com/subjects/
Good luck.
16th September 2010, 11:03 PM
Unregistered

can i take public administration for self study in civils
17th September 2010, 04:53 PM
nillu
Senior Member+

Quote:
can i take public administration for self study in civils
Fo CS exams Public administration is such a subject which is choosen by many candidates and is really easy for new candidates to right it.
The rate of success is also high for students opting it as one of the optional subjects but it doesnot mean that its very easy to crack this exam you really need to work hard for this exam
8th October 2010, 02:09 PM
Unregistered

sir
TO become an i.p.s officer what is the graduation max required ? plzz sir help me my email id is<[email protected]> ...
9th October 2010, 06:36 AM
nillu
Senior Member+

Quote:
sir
TO become an i.p.s officer what is the graduation max required ? plzz sir help me my email id is<[email protected]> ...
fOR IPS OFFICER THERE IS NO ANY SUCH BOUNDATION REQUIRED OF PERCENTAGE.
ANY THIRD DIVIDON GRADUATE CAN ALSO APPEAR FOR SUCH EXAM BUT THE MATTER IS TO CRACK IT AS IT IS ONE OF THE TOUGHEST EXAM OF INDIA
FOR DETAILS VISIT
http://www.upsc.gov.in
11th October 2010, 02:50 PM
Unregistered

DEAR SIR , PLEASE GIVE ME THE COMPLETE DETAILS OF IPS EXAM FROM STARTING TO END.
YOU CAN SENT ME A MAIL ON MY ID. MY ID IS [email protected]

THANKING YOU
15th October 2010, 07:34 PM
Unregistered

i hv degree qualifications of B.E and M.tech....if luckily i cleared ips exam which post/level will i get in ips?
15th October 2010, 11:13 PM
vik111

Dear friend ,

it gives pleasure to know your dream to become IPS for this - you have to start preparing right now. The UPSC conducts examination for Civil services examination you can also check in Employment news regularly for this. first sect two subjects and start preparing and mastering these subjects . start reading 2 to 3 english news papers and Competition Master .

good luck.
16th October 2010, 12:24 AM
Rudraprasad
Senior Member++

Smile Re: How to prepare to become an IPS officer?

Quote:
respected sir
dear friend,

for IPS you need to go through UPSC civil service examination.Graduation is basic qualification.for more about civil service please visit:

www.upsc.gov.in

good luck.
22nd October 2010, 09:56 PM
Unregistered

Hello Sir........I m Doing my 1st year Graduation and also i m preparing for C.A. Exams.
And m looking forward to do IPS studies.After Completion of my graduation.is it possible to do.But i want to do ips studies also.give mee proper suggestion on my [email protected].......

THANK YOU
25th October 2010, 01:03 AM
Unregistered

Respected Sir,
Please tell the name of reference book for history, Economics &GS. Sir can I take Economics as a optional subject, Bcs its my Hons. paper.It would be helpful or not.Sir please give on my proper guidelines on my mail:::[email protected]
28th October 2010, 09:04 PM
nillu
Senior Member+

Quote:
Respected Sir,
Please tell the name of reference book for history, Economics &GS. Sir can I take Economics as a optional subject, Bcs its my Hons. paper.It would be helpful or not.Sir please give on my proper guidelines on my mail:::[email protected]

As you can definately take economics as your suject in IAS but keep in mind that there are always changes in the economic market so you have always to keep yourself upto date with those trends.
As far as books are concerned refer to NCERT books of all major subject.
You can refer the books of Delhi publication
29th October 2010, 12:27 PM
yogananda143

you can go through IAS exam , after getting qualified there you can opt for IAS or ips. usually the lower ranked IAS are given IPS responsibility.....
you must go through all the portions you need to do for IAS exam
29th October 2010, 01:57 PM
princearyan
Senior Member+

in the ips examination there is two phase of the exams.
PT and MAINS, for the PT the question comes from the general awareness and current affairs. for the mains paper you have to chose the one subjects from where the question will be asked.after qualifying the PT exams you will be called for the mains then you wil be called for the interview,
29th October 2010, 02:04 PM
princearyan
Senior Member+

dear friends ,

yes , it is right time for you to prepare for the ips/ias exam.

if you are really intrested then be serious about the exams,

and choose any one of the subjects from the pull of the subjects of the ias exams and

then preapre for that subjects ,also you prepare for the general knowledge and the

current affairs.
11th November 2010, 04:38 PM
Unregistered

what to study after 12 for being an ips officer
12th November 2010, 12:50 PM
helpmaster

Quote:
what to study after 12 for being an ips officer
You can study any stream for becoming an IAS officer but whatever you study you need to have command on it as for IPS officer you not only need to study historyonly, but also need good knowlege of current affairs, science and technology, generak science, economics,civics, politics, mangemnt so you have to be master in all fields.
So keep in mind you need to be good in all stream.
For more information you can see www.upsc.gov.in
27th November 2010, 07:21 PM
Unregistered

i am in 9th class .tell me requirements and procedure for i.a.s. and i.p.s.
28th December 2010, 12:11 PM
Unregistered

Sir i am bsc mpcs 1st how to prepare ips from onward wat i do primary preparations
6th January 2011, 03:26 PM
Unregistered

Sir,
I am a MBA graduate and having 3years work experience now i want to prepair for IPS exams, My background is Graduation- Psychology, Marketing & Hr- MBA Specialisation. I want your help in understaing hoe to prepair for prelim, and how can i get the details where & how to a apply for prelim exams?
13th January 2011, 09:10 PM
Unregistered

DEAR SIR , PLEASE GIVE ME THE COMPLETE DETAILS OF IPS EXAM FROM STARTING TO END.
YOU CAN SENT ME A MAIL ON MY ID. MY ID IS [email protected]
14th January 2011, 07:50 PM
Ajay kumar verma

You read the advertisement whose published by UPSC. Fill the application form with Rs 70/- IPO. Read all syllabus preliminary and final examination get preparing. If succeed you will become a IPS officer.

Best of Luck
23rd January 2011, 11:08 PM
Unregistered

respected sir, can you please give me the favour that - i am doing btech 2nd year in computer stream.can i crack the civil services exam and is this the right time and right field for me.....................

i am looking forward for your answer.

my id is <[email protected]>
4th March 2011, 09:17 PM
Unregistered

hello madam,
my name is sunil chauhan from Punjab . madam I want to become an IPS officer its my life dream. But I affraid how to appeare in exams please help me and guide me how can I perpare myself... please reply me madam your suggestion is very important for me. my email id is [email protected]

thankyou ,
17th March 2011, 01:00 PM
shahul1423

it is a right time to start you preparation.start from ncert books from 6th standard to 12th standard of cbse pattern.and choose you optionals with the guidance of any senio ips officer.
17th March 2011, 08:57 PM
amlendu
Senior Member++

hi,
UPSC conducts civil services examination every year and this is the only way to be an IPS officer.
There are mainly three steps of the exam.

First one is prelims exam. The prelims exam exam consist of a General Studies paper and an Optional Subject paper chosen by you from the given list of subject at the time of application. This is the pattern till this year. The pattern of preliminary is about to change. There could be a Common Aptitude paper but it can't be said for sure.

The 2nd step is Mains Examination which consist of two GS papers, two optional subjects, essay paper, language paper, english paper etc.
once you qualify mains on the basis of marks of mains you will be called for Interview and the marks of interview added with rest of mains marks to calculate final score to publish ranks.

Eligibility
Bachelor degree from any Govt of India recognized university.
AGE:GEN-21-30, OBC-relaxation of 3 years, SC/ST-relaxation of 5 years.

More you can read at the following websites
www.upsc.gov.in
www.upscexam.com
www.civilservices.in
www.upscportal.com
19th March 2011, 08:55 PM
Unregistered

I had just appeared 12th exam now,
My aim is to become IPS officer,
So what i have to study after 12th to become an IPS officer.
13th April 2011, 06:27 PM
Unregistered

I HAD JUST COMPLETED MY 12th EAM AND WAIGHTING FOR THE RESULTS. MY AIM IS TO BECOME AN IPS OFFICER .
for my future to appear in IPS exam whats the best course i can study in engineering?
14th April 2011, 02:08 PM
vijaypatel54
Senior Member+

For being an IPS officer you have to appear in civil services exam conducted by UPSC.
As you a student of 2nd year in BCA, then i would like to suggest you how to prepare for it:
In this exam there are three sections:
1: Prelims test- In which you have to face the questions of General
knowledge,Reasoning,Maths,English,current affairs etc(as per new pattern of UPSC
exam)
so for preparation of it, you have to read newspaper daily as well as solve so many reasoning ,maths & english questions from any reference book like R.S.Agrawal etc.
& you have to follow monthly magazine also like Pratiyogita darpan,CRS,Arihant monthly magazine etc.
2: for mains preparation you have to select any two paper as per your choice which may
be belong to your syllabus of your graduation course.
3: Interview: you have to well prepared for Interview after selection of mains.
For interview you have to be well knowledge about your subject as well as Indian
politics,Indian Economy etc. It depend upon Interviewer , which question he will ask
to you.
kindly start the preparation of prelims test at this time, it will helpful to you.
& for more information about this exam kindly visit:
www.upsc.gov.in
14th April 2011, 08:16 PM
yatsra

dear friend,
ips is very good profession.
joining our bureacracy is one of the most sought after.
Upsc forms are provided with advertisements in newspapers, specially employment news. Also you can gather information at http://www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?