21st October 2011, 11:15 AM
IPSrishabh

Requirements to appear for UPSC Exam? How to prepare for UPSC Exam?

i am doing ma B.tech from bhubaneswar.... i want to appear for upsc.... so i want to know how could i ... what r the requirments ...and how to prepare....

Related Questions:
  1. Eligibility criteria of UPSC exam in correspondence? How to self prepare for UPSC exam? Recommended books to be referred for UPSC exam?
  2. Minimum requirements to appear for UPSC exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. What kind of Questions come under UPSC and SSC Exam? How to prepare for the Exam?
  4. How can I prepare for UPSC Preliminary exam? Suitable books for preparation? What are the subjects enlisted for UPSC exam?
  5. Posting details of UPSC government employee? How much salary will I be getting? How to prepare for UPSC exam? -- [New]
  6. Detailed information, qualification required and benefits to appear in UPSC exam? What kind of services provided in UPSC?
  7. How to become a district collector after completing BCA
  8. Eligibility criteria, list of coaching classes in Karnataka and reference books for preparation of UPSC exam? How many posts are there in UPSC?
  9. List of post and their salary details in UPSC? How to prepare for UPSC exam?
  10. How can I prepare to crack UPSC exams? Suitable books for preparation?
  11. How can I register for UPSC exam? Detailed information and requirements to register?
  12. Right time to prepare and give UPSC exam? How to prepare for it?
  13. Does any of the UPSC Exam contain the syllabus of CSE?
  14. Can i write the upsc exam, I am instrumentation and control engineering final year student?
  15. How to prepare for IAF exam? I want to qualify for UPSC exam
  16. How can I prepare to crack UPSC exams if pursuing B.E. 1st year? Procedure to apply and suitable books to prepare for UPSC exams?
  17. Eligibility to appear in UPSC exam for B.Sc with M.Sc student?
  18. What is the basic pattern of UPSC exam?
21st October 2011, 01:43 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Requirements to appear for UPSC Exam? How to prepare for UPSC Exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPSrishabh View Post
i am doing ma B.tech from bhubaneswar.... i want to appear for upsc.... so i want to know how could i ... what r the requirments ...and how to prepare....
Hello friend,
The Union Public Service Commission conducts various examinations for different posts and departments and depending upon your interest and qualification, you may apply for any of them.
However, for most of exam, you must be a graduate and within the age limit of 21-30 years.
Examinations like civil service exam, central police force exam, combined defense service exam for IMA, requires a bachelors degree in any discipline whereas, for engineering service exam, you must hold a degree in engineering; For Indian Economic Service exam, you must hold a masters degree in economics or related field.
Since there are lots of option available in the UPSC exam, please refer to its official website for complete information of all the examinations.
21st October 2011, 03:28 PM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: Requirements to appear for UPSC Exam? How to prepare for UPSC Exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPSrishabh View Post
Requirements to appear for UPSC Exam? How to prepare for UPSC Exam?

Common Eligibility Criteria for UPSC exam
  • AGE- 21 to 30 years
  • There has been 3 years relaxation for OBC and 5 years for sc/st candidates.
  • Educational Qualification- Graduation with any stream from a recognized board or university.
  • Number of Permissible attempts- 4 for General category students, 7 for OBC candidates and there is no any limit for sc/st students.

For information and latest updates about any UPSc exam , please visit the official website of UPSC that is http://www.upsc.gov.in
With Regards
ravik1214
5th March 2012, 02:53 PM
Unregistered

Am i eligibal for upsc exam after b.sc.?
5th March 2012, 05:51 PM
krithij23

Thumbs up Re: Requirements to appear for UPSC Exam? How to prepare for UPSC Exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Am i eligibal for upsc exam after b.sc.?
Hi
Sure...
The canditate should have passed any Degree.
Students undergoing final year of study in college may also apply subject to submitting their attested copy of degree / provisional certificates when they apply for Main exams. Further they should have completed 21 years as on 1st August.

A degree of any of the Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be a Deemed University under the UGC Act, 1956, or an equivalent qualification.
Candidates who have appeared or intend to appear for the qualifying examination and are awaiting results are also eligible to appear for the Preliminary Examination. All such candidates who qualify to appear for the Civil Services Main Examination must produce proof of having passed the said examination along with their application for the Main Examination.

How to Apply:
There are lot more books available and also many academy coaching centres.
For good books,refer to the link:
http://www.onestopias.com/books/

Dont forget to walkthrough the previous year question papers.They are protrayed in the following link:
http://www.upsc.gov.in

Any queries regarding the exam,refer to the following link:
http://www.upsc.gov.in
http://www.upscexam.com

All the Best.
15th June 2012, 02:46 PM
Unregistered

respected sir !! it is compulsary to take speciality in 1 subject after graduation for upsc .. ????
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?