2nd May 2011, 05:42 PM
rohanmonu

How can one identify if the college is the best?

how we can identify whcih college/university is the best because everybody is saying we are No 1

24th August 2011, 12:27 AM
saugata2008

Default Re: How can one identify if the college is the best?

First of all you have to the reputation of the college . For that search on internet to the official websites of the college .It will be better if you can talk with a pass out student of that college.
Then check the university , the college is associated with.
Collect information about the faculties and how many students are geting job from the college every year.

Hope if you can follow the steps then you can surely get the best college you are searching for .
20th November 2011, 10:14 PM
mahi 16

first the teacher
second the students
third the performance of the college
fourth the building
1st April 2012, 12:59 AM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: How can one identify if the college is the best?

Hi

Yes i agree that in today's fake world every body is claiming that they are the best and they offer the best things in a college.

Now in this situation it becomes really tough to judge which college is better and in what criteria is it better than the others.

In this case, I would recommend that you visit the colleges which you have in mind. See the infrastructure, the playgrounds, the facilities that they provide in terms of extra curricular activities, labs, etc.

Meet the faculties, interact with them for some time to know about their knowledge, teaching experience, how the college and he dean actually are etc..

Meet the students who are already studying there. Many times frustrated students who are experiencing anything bad in their college like ragging would surely inform you about that.
So in a way even they can help you gather knowledge and information about that particular college.

So in these ways you can easily judge yourself which college is good and which is not up to your expectations.

Hope this helps

All the best

Regards
RANJEET
1st April 2012, 10:36 AM
ashwin kumar k v

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanmonu View Post
how we can identify whcih college/university is the best because everybody is saying we are No 1
Hi,
To begin with,it's required to know which course you are talking about?

If it's Pre-university college, then collecting information on previous year results will serve the cause. Previous year results in itself reflects the coaching level of the college.
By results i don't mean the overall pass percentage only, but it is required to examine the marks of the toppers of college as well . Because preparation methods for exams varies depending on one needs to concentrate on just passing or to pass with distinction.
such survey allows you to decide whether college teachers give importance to just teaching expected questions or else do they give importance to teaching concepts . The latter is the best compared to former.
I hope this reply of mine will be useful to you :-)
1st April 2012, 01:43 PM
zeya007

Following are the criteria which determine the Quality of a college-
1.Faculty and their qualifications
2.Reputation in market.
3.Placement facility.
4.Recognition by the Govt. authorities like UGC,AICTE,DEC etc..
5.Campus and facilities.
6.Guest lecturers.
7.Lab facilities.
8.Students and their knowledge.
1st April 2012, 03:39 PM
sky bhalodi

Quote:
If you want to check which college is best first of all check out the previous few years result of that college so that you have some idea , second check the placement scenario of the college means which company are visited here ,how many students were placed in the company ,next you will ask directly to the students who are studying there about college faculty , facilities available , extra activities and so on so you have the perfect idea about particular college .
1st April 2012, 09:29 PM
roknits
Senior Member+

Quote:
hello!!

every college and university says that they are the best in the region but there are some things to keep in mind while selecting a particular college or university.

now,everyone claims that they are the best in the particular field but while selecting a n institute for which some of the points to keep in mind are as under from my side;::::

-the first thing to be kept in mind is that the ranking of the institute and who has ranked the institutes and what are the rankings.

-the other things are like the infrastructure,teaching staff,the placement record of the institute whiuch plays an important role in determining the ranks of other institute all around the world and also across the country.

-the sports facilities also plays an important role in giving the rankings for an institute.

-the record of colleges involved in ragging is also a hot topic.

-look for the past record of placements and that is the moist important factor in determining the rankings of institutes.

but these are the things moreover i am summing up these things.

-firstly rankings

-then placements

-then infrstructure

then other things come so work hard,and wait for the results....

hope this helped

with regards
roknits
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?