26th December 2017, 12:22 PM
G C SHUKLA

How to change date of birth in educational certificates?

My date of birth is 31.03.1965 but, wrongly updated as 31.03.1963 in my 10th certificate. However, in all other certificates it correctly update as 31.03.1965. How can I change my correct date of birth in 10th certificate?

27th December 2017, 08:27 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to change date of birth in educational certificates?

Yes you can correct the date of birth in your educational certificate and for that you have to write an application either directly to board from which you have passed 10th exam or through your school. You must submit a signed document with application which has your correct date of birth. Board will check your application and if found correct, you will receive new certificate with correct date of birth within one month or so.
27th December 2017, 08:51 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

To correct your date of birth in educational certificate, you have to contact the school principal where you have pursued your 10th standard. You have to submit the Birth certificate as a proof to your school principal to correct your DOB in 10th standard certificate. Your application request will be forwarded to the main educational board and you will get new certificate within 2 weeks.
27th December 2017, 11:04 PM
zzaza
Senior Member+

Yes it is possible to amend in documents from school board. The board allows to change/correct name, date of birth and other fields within 10 years of passing. After 10 years it is not possible to change anything. So, if you are late then nothing can be done.

If you have time left then visit to relevant board's head office. Write an application to senior authorities related to change of Date of Birth in your 10th mark sheet. Also you need to fill a form and you have to pay some processing fee. Once you complete all the formalities then mark sheet with correct date of birth will be posted to your residential address.
28th December 2017, 06:22 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

For any correction in certificate issued by board you have to visit board for correction.

Along with documents in which you want correction you also have to show the certificate with correct information.

For contact address visit at official website of respective board.
29th December 2017, 06:49 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can correct your date of birth in your 10 class board exam marksheet\certificate. for that, you have to write a application letter about this mistake to your school principle in which you passed 10 class exam. Then, you have to submit your all original/xerox copies including birth certificate that shows your original DOB.your application request will be sent to the main board in which you pass class 10 exam. Then, if found correct, you will get new certificate with correct date of birth in 1 month or more.
12th June 2020, 08:09 PM
Unregistered

Sir I completed my matriculation in 2009....so jow can I change my DOB from my matric certificate?? Kindly guide me regarding this.... I want to apply for my Govt. Job... But I have DOB issues in my educational documents...
15th June 2020, 10:43 AM
shlrao
Senior Member+

Dear Friend
Yes you can change your date of birth in your 10th class certificate for that you must write a request application to board director from which board you have passed your 10th class or through school principal. You also have to attach your original proof of date of birth and if your all documents are found correct then your request will be updated and if not found correct then first you have to correct your all documents otherwise there is no chance.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?