26th July 2012, 01:43 PM
snehair

How to do B.E after passing diploma in Mechanical engineering? Am i able to get any scholarships?

i am passed diploma in mechanical engg...i want to do BE so am i able to get any
SCHOLARSHIPS? i got only 61.54% plz help me

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to study Diploma in Mechanical Engineering being a 10th student? List of colleges in Mumbai?
  2. How to study in marine engineering after passing diploma mechanical engineering after completing diploma
  3. Shall I apply for energy auditor after passing diploma in Mechanical Engineering and passing B.Tech in Mechanical engineering from RVD university
  4. Which courses can I do after passing diploma in Mechanical engineering?
  5. How to join marine engineering after passing diploma in mechanical engineering?
  6. Is there other course I can do after Diploma in Mechanical engineering?
  7. How to join AMIE course after passing diploma in mechanical engineering
  8. Further studies in USA after completing Diploma in civil engineering? Scholarships available?
  9. In which engineering course will I be able to take admission in direct 2nd y ear after passing diploma mechanical with 68% marks?
  10. How to get admission in IIT for degree in mechanical engineering after passing diploma?
  11. Can I take admission in 2nd year in mechanical engineering after passing diploma in mechanical from Bihar Polytechnic?
  12. Can I join Aeronautical Engineering by passing diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  13. Can I do B.Tech course in USA after completing Mechanical Engineering diploma course? -- [New]
  14. L&T build india scholarship? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. How to get a government job after passing diploma in mechanical engineering
  16. How to get a government job after passing diploma in mechanical engineering
  17. Which one is for Diploma and which one is for Advance Diploma?
  18. Is it a right decision to go for PG diploma in Mechanical after completing diploma mechanical?
10th October 2012, 07:07 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to do B.E after passing diploma in Mechanical engineering? Am i able to get any scholarships?

Since you have completed diploma in Engineering, you can seek admission in the second year of B.Tech through lateral entry scheme. This scheme is only for the candidates who have either completed diploma in engineering or the Bachelor of Science course.

Lateral Entry scheme is offered by majority of universities in India with exception of IITs. So far IITs have refused to offer lateral entry to diploma candidates. There are few other colleges that also do not offer lateral entry.

But most of other universities are offering lateral entry admission. Mainly these colleges reserve somewhere between 10 to 15 percent of the total Engineering seats for the lateral entry candidates.

The admission is given via a entrance test or on merit. The entrance test for seeking admission is called LEET. Although some colleges conducts their own entrance exam. The admission on merit is also offered after an interview. For both cases, you need to score at least 60 percent marks in diploma course.

As far as scholarship for Engineering is concerned, there are vew scholarships out there. But they heavily depends on the performance of candidate in 12th. In your case they would look into your diploma percentage which I am sorry to say isn't that great. Mainly more than 80 percent marks are required to be eligible for scholarship.

Some of the scholarships are:

Indian Oil Corporation Scholarships

Bannari Amman Institute of Technology Scholarships

The Hindu - Hitachi Scholarships for Technical Training

ONGC Scholarships for SC ST students

These are some of the scholarships offered to Engineering candidates. In most of the cases, students with high percentage are selected. However you don't need to lose hope. There are various universities in India that offer scholarships to candidates based on their performance on semester basis. You need to score a particular percentage to be eligible for cash prize. You should look into it.
10th June 2013, 08:33 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to do B.E after passing diploma in Mechanical engineering? Am i able to get any scholarships?

I want to take diploma in machanical engineering with scholarship.where I will get?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?