31st October 2012, 09:23 AM
Rranjan kumar

How to do B.Tech after passing diploma in mechanical engineering

Sir i am doing diploma in mech.engg. Sir i want to do b-tech
by takin loan.sir please tell me.will this good or not sir please advice me

Related Questions:
  1. How to become a scientist after passing B.Tech Mechanical Engineering? I have passed 6th semester in mechanical engineering with 75% marks
  2. B.Tech correspondence after Diploma in Mechanical, Diploma in Safety Engineering and 10 years of work experience?
  3. Am I eligible to study Diploma in Mechanical Engineering being a 10th student? List of colleges in Mumbai?
  4. How to study in marine engineering after passing diploma mechanical engineering after completing diploma
  5. Shall I apply for energy auditor after passing diploma in Mechanical Engineering and passing B.Tech in Mechanical engineering from RVD university
  6. Eligibility to study B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) after completing Diploma in Metallurgical Engineering? -- [New]
  7. Which courses can I do after passing diploma in Mechanical engineering?
  8. Can I get admission in B.Tech after scoring 57% in diploma mechanical engineering? Which is the best option?
  9. Mr. Ummend Singh Bhati Group of College is AICTE accredited or not?
  10. How to join marine engineering after passing diploma in mechanical engineering?
  11. Eligibility to get admission in B.Tech(Marine Engineering) for Diploma student?
  12. Is there other course I can do after Diploma in Mechanical engineering?
  13. After completing diploma in plastic technical will I be able to do B.Tech in Mechanical engineering
  14. How can I join Indian Navy after passing B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering
  15. How to join AMIE course after passing diploma in mechanical engineering
  16. How to take admission in btech mechanical engineering in west bengal after diploma in automobile? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. Which are the universities offering B.Tech Mechanical through correspondence?
  18. How can I get admission in B.Tech at Pune University if completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering from Karnataka?
29th December 2012, 09:54 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to do B.Tech after passing diploma in mechanical engineering

Diploma holders can join B.Tech through lateral entry. In this scheme, one can join directly to 2nd year of degree program. Admission will be offered either on the basis of merit or entrance tests. Calicut University, Thapar University, etc conducts entrance for selection process. Detailed information can be collected by visiting the web portal of the concerned University.
29th December 2012, 10:29 PM
Cool Srk
Senior Member+

Hi,

There are three ways to join B.Tech :

1.Direct Second Year.
2.Admission to First Year.
3.Through Entrance Exam.

1.Direct Second Year : If you have Diploma then you can go to direct second year.
2.Admission to First Year : If you want to first year then it is possible.
3.Through Entrance Exam : Some universities takes entrance exam to Admission in First year or Second Year.

Cool....
30th December 2012, 02:48 AM
siddjain93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rranjan kumar View Post
Dear friend,

Yes you can join B.Tech course after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering. As you have completed diploma course in Mechanical Engineering, so you can join B.Tech course in Mechanical Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering, Automobile Engineering only. You can get admission in Engineering colleges through Lateral Entry scheme. Now a days Diploma course is not sufficient to get good job. So, lateral entry scheme is best for diploma holders who want to join B.Tech course in Engineering colleges.

According to Lateral Entry Scheme, you can get admission in Engineering college in B.Tech course directly in second year. There is no need to study first year of engineering course for those who have completed Diploma course. Thus after completing diploma course you can save one year in engineering course. You can directly get admission in second year of B.tech course without studying first year.

For getting admission in Engineering colleges on the basis of Lateral entry scheme you have to appear in Lateral Entry Engineering Test (LEET) exam. This exam is conducted for the candidates who have completed diploma course or Graduation in science and want to take admission in engineering college can take admission in second year of B.tech directly with out studying first year of B.Tech. Through this entrance exam you can take admission in top engineering colleges of India like NITs, Delhi College of Engineering, Punjab Engineering College, Thapar University etc.

Eligibility for LEET exam:-
  • You must have cleared your diploma course with minimum 60% marks.
  • You should be the student of science background.
  • You should not have any pending backlog.
30th December 2012, 12:29 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Of course it is a wise move. The job opportunities for diploma holders aren't good enough. After completing bachelor of technology course, you can expect far better paid jobs therefore even by taking loan, B.Tech is a good option.

You can take admission through lateral entry scheme. This scheme is only for diploma holders and B.Sc graduates. Under the scheme diploma holders are given admission into the second year of Bachelor of Technology course.

This makes B.Tech a three year course for diploma holders. It is recommended to choose same stream for B.Tech in which you completed diploma. Changing the stream makes it difficult of the students to cope with the course.

For lateral entry admission you should not appear for entrance exams such as:

AIEEE

ISEET

IIT-JEE

UPSEE

These are not for lateral entry admission. You should apply for the lateral entry engineering test also known as LEET entrance exam. The requirement to appear for the exam is 60 percent marks in diploma.

There are some universities that conduct their separate entrance exam for lateral entry and will even accept candidates with 50 percent marks in diploma.

As far as loan is concerned, please first check out the interest rates of each bank. Generally the Public Sector banks offer cheaper educational loan. The loan repayment generally begins 6 months after completing the course of after getting job, whichever happens first.

You may require a co-signer for the loan in case the loan amount exceeds a limit. Please check all these things before applying for the loan with the bank. Most of the information is made available on the official websites of the banks.
30th December 2012, 04:30 PM
Siva mechanical

Quote:
Originally Posted by imira View Post
Diploma holders can join B.Tech through lateral entry. In this scheme, one can join directly to 2nd year of degree program. Admission will be offered either on the basis of merit or entrance tests. Calicut University, Thapar University, etc conducts entrance for selection process. Detailed information can be collected by visiting the web portal of the concerned University.
hello friend,

yes, you can join in B.Tech. you can join only in the 2nd year of academics. the duration course for lateral entry students is 3 years. in government colleges, there will be separate counselling and separate seats alloted for lateral entry students.
30th December 2012, 06:49 PM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear There,

Yes, you can join B.Tech course after completing diploma in mechanical engineering.

There are three ways to join B.Tech are mentioned as below:-

* admission to first year.

* through entrance examination.

* direct second year.

Some universities take entrance examination to admission in first year or second year; and if you have diploma then you can go to direct second year.

Hope the above mentioned will help you to get the information you were searching for.
30th December 2012, 07:22 PM
Kotesh432
Senior Member+

Hi Guest,

After completing Diploma you can get direct admission into the B.Tech course in 2nd year.

You will be joining the B.Tech 2nd year students after completing Diploma.

There are various entrance exams available to write the exam and get an admission in B.Tech.

If you do not pass the entrance exam also you can get seat by taking management seat in the college.

Thank you,

All the best.
2nd January 2013, 08:04 PM
Unregistered

sir i am aman how many entrance exams are there ????????????
17th January 2013, 06:16 AM
Unregistered

Respected sir , I am bibin from cochin, i completed by diploma in mechanical engineering with first class(67.8%),i like to become a good designer in mechanical field , sir what are the preparations for a good designer and built up my career in this field in india (especially kerala) & abroad
24th January 2013, 10:27 AM
Unregistered

Sir, is it true that after completing diploma in electronics, and while taking admissions in degree college the average of last two sem. is considered as criteria of admission
15th March 2013, 08:45 PM
Unregistered

sir, i'm completed diploma in mechanical engineering.can i join BE electronics communication engineering?
15th March 2013, 11:54 PM
HIMANSHUAGARWAL123

Hello friend,
As you completed diploma in mechanical engin eering and want to do b.tech
You can get admission through lateral entry.
In this scheme you can get admission directly in 2nd year.
For admission in reputed institutions you have to qualified the entrance exam like JEE(Mains) UPSEE etc
You can apply for some good deemed universities like UPES,Manipal University, Thapar University, Vit University .
These university conducted there own entrance test while in Thapar University you can go through JEE(Mains)

Good Luck
Himanshu Agarwal
16th March 2013, 12:51 PM
krrishh_002

Thumbs up Re: How to do B.Tech after passing diploma in mechanical engineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir, i'm completed diploma in mechanical engineering.can i join BE electronics communication engineering?
Hi,

No you cannot.

As you did your diploma in MECH you have to join MECH only in your B tech and you will be directly placed in 2nd year of B tech.

you are not eligible to write exam for ECE branch.

and as you lack physics of intermediate so you can't even apply for fresh B tech i.e. from 1st yr onwards.

TRY TO BE IN YOUR OWN FIELD. Am also a MECH ENGINEER.
16th March 2013, 07:14 PM
n122

Hello buddy,

yes buddy you can join b.tech in mechanical only by lateral entry scheme
according to this scheme a diploma holding candidate can join the b.tech course from the second year of the b.tech course.

but before joining that you have to clear the exam of the unversity/or equivalent to get admitted in a particular college

some of the exams are as follows::

>>iit jee
>>upsee
>>various other state level exams

and as far as my opinion is concerned you should only join b.tech when you think that you can do good in this field

and you are only eligible for that branch only from which you have completed your diploma

hope that helps

n122
19th December 2014, 12:17 PM
Unregistered

i want to knw than after cimppeting diploma n mechanical engineering could i done b.tech in automobile field.
29th February 2016, 01:19 PM
Unregistered

respected sir,

my name is bhavani i have done diploma in mechanical engineering in 2015. continuous my studies but i don t no my decision is good or bad please help me sir . which better
thanking you sir
20th May 2016, 10:53 AM
Unregistered

SIR I COMPLETED MY DIPLOMA IN MECHANICAL ENGINEERING I LIKE TO HIGHER STUDY HOW TO JOIN MIT UNIVERSITY & OTHER BEST UNIVERSITY IN INDIA
21st May 2016, 04:32 PM
raghav59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rranjan kumar View Post
Hey Ranjan,
You can directly take admission in 2nd year through lateral entry schemes. You can consider taking admission in Lovely Professional University, Amity, SRM.
Now studying on loan will only be beneficial if you get a job after completing your degree. Hence choose a college which has a good placement record. Hope this helps.
23rd June 2016, 02:58 PM
Unregistered

Respected sir, after passing diploma let me know how much marks should I score for admission in India's best colleges
17th November 2018, 07:35 PM
Unregistered

Sir, i am diploma mechanical engineering student after this course do not join the BTEC any other ways to study the BE what about your suggestion please tell me sir
24th January 2022, 11:14 AM
Unregistered

Shall we can complete B.tech by distane ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?