16th June 2012, 01:13 PM
Unregistered

Can I appear for IAS Exam if I complete B.Tech after completion of Diploma in Computer Science?

hi, i am bhagyashree, i have completed deploma in computer science. If i complete my B.Tech then, can i appear to the ias exams?

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to appear for IAS Exam after completion of Diploma in Computer Science?
  2. What are the chances of becoming an IAS Officer after completion of B.Sc Computer Science course?
  3. Procedure and criteria of B.Tech entrance exam for 3 years Diploma in Computer Science? Is there lateral entry exam for polytechnic student?
  4. Is this a good option to do diploma in Interior designing after B.Tech in computer Science? Details of the course? -- [New]
  5. How to apply for B.E.(CS) after completion of Diploma in Computer science?
  6. Can I apply for IAS/KAS after diploma in computer science?
  7. Which is the best course to do in Diploma?
  8. How to do MBA after completing diploma in computer science?
  9. Which course is better for me after completion of Diploma in Computer Science Engineering?
  10. Can I do M.Sc in Computer Science after completion of Diploma in CSE?
  11. After diploma in Computer Science which course can I do? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Am I eligible to join M.Sc in Computer Science after completion of B.Tech in ECE stream? Job Opportunities after completion of this course?
  13. How to do MBA after completing diploma in computer science?
  14. What is the syllabus of IAS exam after B.Tech computer science? What is the procedure for minor?
  15. How can I become an IT professional and what should I do?
  16. Can I do Computer Science Engineering course after completion of diploma without higher secondary marks?
  17. Will I be eligible to do higher studies in abroad after completion of diploma in computer science?
  18. Am I eligible for IAS(UPSC) exam after completing diploma in computer science after 10th
16th June 2012, 04:16 PM
saivineel.t
Member+

Default Re: Can I appear for IAS Exam if I complete B.Tech after completion of Diploma in Computer Science?

Yes, you can apply for IAS exam if you complete your b.tech.Any degree is enough to apply for IAS exam how ever it may be.
16th June 2012, 06:33 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear for IAS Exam if I complete B.Tech after completion of Diploma in Computer Science?

Yes, after completion of B.Tech., you can apply for IAS exam. As there is no specific exam as IAS exam so to become an IAS officer you have to apply and crack Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC once every year.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream of education from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for SC/ST candidate up to 5 years and for OBC candidate up to 3 years.

The selection test for Civil Service Exam is of three stages:-

The eligible candidate after application for Civil Service exam has to go through the first phase of selection i.e. Preliminary exam which is called as CSAT-Civil Service Aptitude Test.

The selected candidate out of CSAT will be called for to sit in the Civil Service Main Exam.

The final selection will be the Personal Interview to be conducted from the selected candidate from the Main examination.

For further information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
16th June 2012, 10:12 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

To give the IAS exam you just need to be a graduate in any discipline from a recognized university. Thus after completing your full time B.Tech degree you can give the IAS exam.
16th June 2012, 10:13 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

The minimum eligibility criteria to give the IAS exam is to be a graduate in any discipline.
Thus if you get your full time B.Tech degree you can easily sit for the IAS exam.

Good luck
16th June 2012, 10:15 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

The minimum eligibility criteria to give the IAS exam is to be a graduate in any discipline.
Thus if you get your full time B.Tech degree you can easily sit for the IAS exam.

Good luck
11th July 2012, 12:28 AM
Unregistered

Sir I am jaspreet singh . And i m doing b tech . And instrusted for IAS exam. But i am patient of heamophilia A. So i can apply for IAS or not? And also tell me about the me about the medical fitness for this exam. Thank you Jaspreet Singh.
12th July 2012, 11:12 PM
Unregistered

can i appear for IAS exam if i complete B.Tech after completion of diploma in mechanical?
4th August 2012, 04:26 PM
Unregistered

i am student of b-tech computer science is that helpful in ias ?
which subjects should taken by me for ias ?/
4th August 2012, 07:45 PM
AZIM SHEIKH

Yes you can confidently go for The IAS. As anyone having a educational certificate from a recognized university can sit for IAS.

For IAS there's A test..
Civil service Exam which is conducted by the Upsc every year once.

your exam for IAS will Be Divided Into Three Major Parts.

first of all you will have to clear the civil service aptitude test.
if you cleared this section then you will be called for main exam.
And after clearing you will have to face the personal interview.

Depending upon you rank and knowledge you will get your post.
In this test three posts are given,

1. Indian Administrative Service (IAS)
2. Indian Foreign Service
3. Indian police service

Azim Sheikh
26th January 2013, 07:53 PM
mayankt

Hi,
Yes you can appear for IAS Exam after complete B.Tech
If you want to become IAS officer for that you have to apply for civil services and you must have graduation from recognised university
Civil Services Exam Will be held in Three Round .
1. Preliminary Exam
2. Main Examination
3. Interview Test
1. Preliminary Exam - This is an objective type questions based test which if the candidate passes, qualifies tothe second phase.
2. Main Exam - This is a subjective type questions based test which if the candidate passes, passes to the third phase after clear this you can go for interview round

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
#Qualification
Candidate must have graduation Degree in any stream,No specific marks are required,Final year students are also eligible
#.Age Limits
For gen-21-30 years
For obc- 21-33 years
For sc/st- 21-35 years
#.Attempts
General- 4
Obc- 7
Sc/st- no limit
Notification for the next exam will come out on 2nd February 2013
Prelims exams will be held on 19th May 2013
Mains will held on
08-11-2013

Good Luck...
27th January 2013, 08:51 AM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hi, i am bhagyashree, i have completed deploma in computer science. If i complete my B.Tech then, can i appear to the ias exams?
HI!
I am happy to inform you that you are eligible for I.A.S exam after passing B.Tech course.

I.A.S exam is conducted by U.P.S.C once in a year.

Age limit:-
For Open category:- 21-30 year
For OBC category:- 21-33 YEAR
For ST/SC category:- 21-37 year

Number of Attempts:-
For open category:- 4 attempts
For ST/SC category:- 7 attempts

In I.A.S exam there are three stage Of selection:-
> PRELIMS EXAM
> MAINS EXAM
> INTERVIEW
> MEDICAL EXAM(FOR I.P.S)

For more detail log on to www.upsc.gov.in

ALL THE BEST!
1st February 2013, 12:15 PM
Unregistered

hello sir ,i'm shashilata singh.i doing b.tech for computer scince , then can i apply for ias exam
5th July 2019, 11:26 AM
Unregistered

Hi i am done my diploma and after diploma i am pursuing b.tech, is i am eligible for upsc exam
7th February 2020, 12:40 AM
Unregistered

10th , diploma in electrical engineering and b.tech in electrical engineering. Am I eleigible for upsc exam?
27th April 2020, 11:54 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for IAS if I complete my btech In Civil engineering after completing Diploma in Civil engineering??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?