25th May 2011, 02:36 PM
Unregistered

How do marks affect our placements?

how do marks affect our placements? .... my marks i each semester is varying one will it affects my placements ?

26th May 2011, 12:30 PM
Ankur agrawal

Default Re: How do marks affect our placements?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
how do marks affect our placements? .... my marks i each semester is varying one will it affects my placements ?
Hii,

The only thing is that when you are appearing in any campus placement activity you have not any backlog and your degree aggrigate is according to the company criteria ..
most of the company criteria is 60%..

Ankur
26th May 2011, 09:01 PM
shlrao
Senior Member+

When any company is visiting for the campus placement then this take some criteria in front of student and in that criteria mark play an important role. The company don’t give permission of that student who has less than 55% marks (can vary from any company).

If you semester then aggregate percentage will be countable and it should not be less than 50% otherwise you have very less chance to get placement. No mention if your marks are varying per semester.
28th May 2011, 09:58 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Yes, the Marks Will also Affects Your Placements.

If your dream to get jobs in top Most companies, then for this you have to scored minimum 60% marks in your whole Career.

It means you have to scored minimum 60% marks since from 10 class onwards. Because in now a days, every top companies want 60% marks in your whole career. But many companies only wants 60% marks in your current course. So, it means you have to scored atleast minimum 60% marks, so that you will get jobs in top Companies.

And make sure that you have not get any backlogs in your course because backlogs will create bad impression and it will affects your placements.

So, please dont worry, just scored more than 60% marks and improve your communication skills and then definitely you will get jobs in top Companies with good salary pacakage.
28th May 2011, 11:13 AM
babydoll

Hello,
Yes, somehow marks affect the placement as because for placement the company have the cutoff marks.
Every companies have their own cutoff marks. If you have more than 60% marks then you are eligible for the written test.
After getting selected in written test you are called for the interview and HR interview.
So for this reason you must have atleast 60% marks in all your academics session.
28th May 2011, 11:43 AM
mukul0094
Banned

Quote:
How marks affect your placement ?

Yes, friend marks is affected the campus placement. Most of the company takes minimum 60% marks in the whole career i.e in the class 10th , 12th and also in B.Tech. If you have minimum 60% marks in the whole career then you can seat in the campus placement for the top company. Backlog in any paper is also affected the campus placement. If you have any backlog then try to clear it quickly.

Improve yourself as a good communication skill it will help you to get
success in the interview. prepare well yourself for the interview then
definitely you will get success in the interview.

Regards
~Mukul~
28th May 2011, 11:52 AM
balathegreat
Senior Member+

Hi friend,
During campus placement some companies requires a minimum marks as an eligibility for attending the interview. This means your marks will be like a platform ticket for entering. Your talent and knowledge plays a main role for getting job in campus interview.
28th May 2011, 02:44 PM
er.dellikannan

Quote:
Yes, the Marks Will also Affects Your Placements.

If your dream to get jobs in top Most companies, then for this you have to scored minimum 60% marks in your whole Career.
So, please dont worry, just scored more than 60% marks and improve your communication skills and then definitely you will get jobs in top Companies with good salary pacakage.
28th May 2011, 07:35 PM
mandiv

ofcourse dear
marks affect your placements
a candidate with good marks obviously has the first good impression on the recruiter ...
secondly the candidates scoring highest marks would be preffered first in order to give them a prize of their hardwork
so directly or indirectly marks do affect the placements...
so score well!
all the best
28th May 2011, 08:47 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

hi,
marks in the career that will much affect for campus interview.
because Most of IT company require 1st class carrer means 60% through out carrer .
If you have then you have no problem in campus interview.
Some company require 50% but all company require 60%.

yhose you have not secure 60% career you do not worry about it ,you go for a good course then you apply in the company walk in....
28th May 2011, 11:16 PM
Deb51

obviously marks is an important factor to get a job. first of all you have to fulfill eligibility criterion with the marks. every company have minimum of 60% marks requirement criterion. few company also give criterion more than this. so atleast you should have 60% marks. then i think marks will not effect your career.
28th May 2011, 11:53 PM
kumarpravir007
Senior Member+++

many of the colleges keep their eligibility criteria as the students can apply only when they are having a minimum of the 60% of the marks in the 10th , 12th and the engineering degree exams

so to become eligible to sit for the campus placement marks play a very vital role ...
and even in many of the govt jobs and private sector you need to have a minimum of the 60% of the marks throughout career ....
30th May 2011, 06:36 PM
foreturner
Senior Member+

well your semester marks have much less effect on your

placements,

most companies demand a minimum of 60% aggregate

for you to be eligible to sit in placements , so if you have above 60% aggregate

you can sit for almost all the companies ... after that its totally dependent

on your interview GD and Aptitude tests etc,

you should not take too much stress for top MNC kind companies which generally

take toppers, for most other companies you should do fine.
31st May 2011, 06:49 PM
Unregistered

i have scored 73% in 10th,48% in 12th and 70% in bca degree.since i got less in 12th will i be eligible for placement.what should i do to get better job
5th October 2011, 01:11 PM
Unregistered

i have got 1 year back in engineering after second year now i am in third year and i am really tensed. will i be able to make in campus selection ?? please reply
3rd April 2012, 11:36 AM
Unregistered

if u fall short of 60% by a very small margin like 59% then u can ask the director of ur placement dept at ur college to speak to the HR of the industry trying to recruit in your college ..some companies would allow you to write but TCS will not allow even if you get 59.99% TCS will not allow u to write the paper ..many mass recruiting companies dont allow even 0.0001 percent less that 60% in 10th 12th and engineering ..but there are some companies that take very few people maybe about 35 people max from ur entire college they may allow you to write because marks always does not prove you are more knowledgeable..L and T infotech i heard give chances to people less that 60% but the margin should be very less ..and they take about 15 to 20 ppl only ..so if ur good at programming and dont really have good marks try for this compnay its pretty good cuz they merged with some companies recently !
11th January 2013, 06:01 PM
sahoop
Senior Member+++

hi,,,

marks affect our placements

1.on your interview GD and Aptitude tests

2.for you to be eligible to sit in placements , so if you have above 60% aggregate

3.most companies demand a minimum of 60% aggregate

4.you should not take too much stress for top MNC kind companies which generally

5.take toppers, for most other companies you should do fine

all the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
17th September 2014, 10:55 PM
Unregistered

which semester marks are considered for campus placement?? aggregate or I shd have 60% throughout 8 semeters??? my marks is less than 60% in 1&4 sems except that I have scored more than 60% since 10.. what are the possibility of getting placement in campus??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?