28th September 2011, 09:47 PM
kavita bang

How to get a government job after completing B.E and M.Tech? What is the maximum age limit? I want to become an IAS officer

i completed my B.E. and m.tech in 2008 and now doing govt job as an engineer. i want to become an IAS officer but am i eligible or not please tell maximum age limit.. my DOB is 8.9.1983.

2nd May 2012, 11:09 PM
Sandhu Santhakumar

Default Re: How to get a government job after completing B.E and M.Tech? What is the maximum age limit? I want to become an IAS officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavita bang View Post
i completed my B.E. and m.tech in 2008 and now doing govt job as an engineer. i want to become an IAS officer but am i eligible or not please tell maximum age limit.. my DOB is 8.9.1983.

Eligibility Criteria For IAS
------------------------------

Age limits :

21-30 years as on 1.7.2012. (Upper age limit relaxable for SCs/STs, OBCs and certain other categories).

Educational Qualifications :

Bachelor’s degree of a recognised university with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physcs, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Enginering or an equivalent qualification.

No. of permissible attempts :

Four (Seven attemps of OBCs and no limit for SCs/STs).

Fee :

Rs. 100/- (Rupees one hundred only)
(No fee for SCs/STs/Physically disabled only)
29th June 2013, 01:06 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to get a government job after completing B.E and M.Tech? What is the maximum age limit? I want to become an IAS officer

Upper age for IAS is 30 years. This is relaxable for reserved category candidates. If you belongs to OBC category, you can apply up to 33 years. 35 years is the upper age limit for SC/ST. General-4, OBC-7, is the maximum number of attempts possible. There is no restriction in the maximum number of attempts for SC/ST.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?