4th December 2010, 09:12 AM
aryan kapoor

How to get into Indian Air Force as an Officer?

how to get into Indian Air Force as an officer.?

Please help

Related Questions:
  1. Which Indian Airforce form can i fill on my 10th qualification basis?
  2. Procedure to become Law Officer in Indian Air Force for B.Sc LLB Honours graduate?
  3. Procedure, Eligibility criteria, Fitness and physical criteria for girls to join Indian Air Force? What are the different branches and entrance exams for which girl candidates can apply? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. How to join Indian Air Force as an Officer? -- [New]
  5. Why girls are not eligible to join Indian Air Force on 10th basis?
  6. What kind of entrance exam is available to join Indian Air Force for B.Com graduate?
  7. What is the scope in Indian Air Force after BCA ?
  8. How to join officer rank in Air Force?
  9. Do girls have any opportunities in Airforce after 12th? How can I apply for it?
  10. Can I join Indian Army or Indian Navy or Air Force as an Officer after graduation?
  11. Job opportunities in Indian Air Force for girls through B.E.(Civil Engineering)? Safety available for girls in Indian Air Force?
  12. Qualification and physical standard required for Indian Customs Officer job?
  13. Can I get officer rank in Indian Air Force after doing commerce
  14. How can I become an Air Force officer after passing 12th Non Medial? Which qualification is important to become an Air Force Officer?
  15. How to be a flying officer at Indian Air Force?
  16. Best Air Force college in India? Is Air Force not suitable for girls?
  17. Procedure to become an Indian Air Force Officer after Mechanical Engineering? How to get admission in Air Force as Women Candidate?
  18. Can I enroll in IAF? Are there chances to become Squadron Leader being Mechanical Engineer?
4th December 2010, 04:57 PM
ramakant sharma

Smile Re: How to get into Indian Air Force as an Officer?

you may appear for various exam to become an officer in indian air force on 12 level you can go for NDA exam after your graduation you may appear for indian air force exam, or ssc exam for more detail visit

http://careerairforce.nic.in/

it will provide you all information regarding exam dates and form time to time .

all the best for your future.
4th December 2010, 08:33 PM
er.dellikannan

Default Re: How to get into Indian Air Force as an Officer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aryan kapoor View Post

Please help
10. Indian Navy SSC Officer - Selection Procedure
(a) Candidates will be issued call up for Service Selection Board (SSB) Interviews based on their performance in educational qualification.
If a candidate possesses higher qualification with better percentage, his higher qualification will be considered for cut off.
Integrated Headquarters, Ministry of Defence (Navy) (IHQ-MoD (Navy)) reserves the right to short-list applications and to fix cut off percentage without assigning any reason.
No communication will be entertained on this account.
(b) SSB Interviews for short-listed candidates will be scheduled during Jan to Jun 2010 at Bangalore, Bhopal or Coimbatore.
(c) The SSB interview is conducted over five days in two stages.
Stage - I include intelligence Test, Picture Perception test and Group discussion and is conducted on the first day.
Stage - II includes Psychological Tests, Group Task and personal interview conducted over the balance four days.
Candidates failing to qualify a particular stage would be sent back the same day.
Successful candidates would then have to clear a special medical examination at the same venue (approx duration 3-5 days).
(d) Candidates recommended by the SSBs and declared medically fit will be appointed for training in order of all India Merit depending on the number of vacancies.
(e) Change of SSB centre for interview is not permissible under any circumstances.
(f) Candidates who wish to change their SSB dates, must apply to the President of the SSB.
(g) No compensation will be paid in respect of any injury sustained during the selection process.
(h) Candidates appearing for SSB interview for the first time for this entry would be eligible free rail sleeper class return fare.
Duties:
11. Duties of the Logistics officer and Catering officer are as follows:
(a) Logistics Officer:
As a Logistics Officer you will be dealing with the Logistics aspects of Men & Material for the Warships.
In no other career does an Officer gets exposed to such a wide spectrum of opportunities to keep abreast of modern and latest development in the field of management & finance.
(b) Catering Officer:
Two vacancies will be reserved for graduates in Hotel/Hospitality Management, who would be employed in the Navy only for jobs directly related to their specialization e.g. select Naval Messes (ashore and onboard ships), training, and other jobs concerning food/ beverages, rations, and housekeeping, as deemed appropriate.
20th January 2011, 02:38 PM
Unregistered

sir i am selected in 79 aec airforce ekt entry..my ssb date is 11 april 2011 at dehradun..but my final exam is on 15 april..i want to change my date..please tell me the address of president of dehradun and the format of change of ssb date on [email protected].
27th January 2011, 11:00 PM
dreksha chaudhary
Senior Member+++

Dear friend,

For joining IAF(Indian Air Force) there are mainly two exams ; these are:-

(1).Through CDSE(Combined Defense Services examination)-

Qualification required- Any graduate degree/BE/B Tech degree and having passed Physics and maths in class 12th.

Age limit- 19-23 years

Month of exam- It is conducted twice a year. In the month of April and September.

(2).Through SSC(Short service commission)-

Qualification required- Any graduate degree/BE/B Tech degree with minimum 60% marks and having passed Physics and maths in class 12th.

Age limit- 19-23 years

Month of exam- It is conducted twice a year. In the month of March and September.

Best wishes!!!!!
28th January 2011, 01:59 AM
Unregistered

sir i want to change my ssb date on 11 april 2011 at dehradun to any other date.....due to my exams on 16th april......please tell the procedure for the same....at [email protected]
28th January 2011, 04:06 PM
Unregistered

sir i have been selected for the ssb of airforce which is on 11th april 2011,. but my exams are there on 16th april so i want to change the dates of ssb...kindly tell me the procedure for changing it....u may reply [email protected]
29th January 2011, 06:27 PM
prtk.co

You can join indian army through NDA only.You must clear the entrance of NDA to join indian army.Forms are available for april entrance of NDA from feburary.
13th February 2011, 09:39 PM
Unregistered

can we wright the entrance exam after the 12th grade or do we need a degree for writing the exam
13th February 2011, 10:23 PM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Hi

You can join Indian Air force as an officer through various entry modes. There are various entry modes are available for the candidates who are graduates, engineers and post graduates. The different eligibility for different entry scheme under various education qualification is given below.

1.Graduate Candidates
The candidates who are graduates can apply for the Indian Air force as an officer in various branches of Indian Air force through various entry modes.

a. Technical branch
A graduate candidate can apply for the Technical branch through CDSE exams.The eligibility criteria for the CDSE exams is given below:

Education Qualification:
Candidates who are graduates and having Physics and Maths at 10+2 level are eligible to apply for this exam.
Candidates having degree of engineering are also eligible to apply for the CDSE exam.

AGE LIMIT:
Candidates having the age between 19 to 23 years are eligible to apply for this exam.

b.Flying (Pilot) Short Service Commission (For Men & women)
You can also join Indian air force as a flying pilot. This entry scheme is applicable for both men and women. The eligibility criteria for this entry scheme is given below:

Education Qualification:
The candidates who are graduates and having 60% marks and also physics and maths at 10+2 level are eligible to apply for this exam.
Candidates having degree in engineering are also eligible for this exam.

Age Limit
The candidate applying for the above entry scheme should be between
19 to 23 years.

2.Engineering Candidates
Candidates who are having degree in engineering are eligible to apply for the above branches of Indian Air force plus they can also apply for the Technical branch. The non-engineering candidates are not eligible for the Technical branch. The details regarding this exam is given below:

Technical Branch
The candidates having degree of engineering are eligible to apply for the Technical branch through various entry schemes:

a.Direct Entry Scheme
Candidates who have completed their engineering can apply through direct entry scheme in Indian Air force for the technical branch.
The eligibility criteria for this entry scheme is given below:

Education Qualification:
Candidates having degree of engineering are eligible to apply for this entry scheme.

Age limit:
Candidates applying for this entry scheme should be between 18 to 28 years.

b.University entry scheme
Candidates who are in final year and in pre final year of engineering can apply through this entry mode.

Education Qualification:
Candidates who are in Pre final year and in final year of engineering are eligible to apply for this entry scheme. The girls are not eligible during pre final year they can only apply from the final year of engineering.

Age limit:
Candidates applying for this entry scheme should be between 18 to 28 years

So you can apply as an officer in Indian Air force through above entry scheme. For more information log on to the carrier web site of Indian Air force which is
http://careerairforce.nic.in

GOOD LUCK
13th February 2011, 10:53 PM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

follow these steps

1.you are eligible for CDSE exam(combined defense service)
2.Buy a UPSC examination form in the month when CDSE exams are gonna published in leading employment newspaper.
3.after having this form fill it properly and fill it with air force section.
4.give the CDSE exam , try to score maximum
5.the results will be out 1 - 2 months after the exam.
6.go for SSB(service selection board)
7.selection will be on criteria basis.
8.get selected there.
9.should be medically fit.

10. now wait for the results in merit.

11.if you name will be there then you are now a flying officer.

12.but before this you have to go for training...they will notify you..
13th February 2011, 11:50 PM
shiraj
Senior Member+

Hi...its good that you want to serve your country.Its nice that you have chosen for Air force.For that you need to sit NDA exam which is conducted twice a year.You can prepare for it by referring 11 and 12th standard syllabus.You can prepare it well and you must have studied maths and physics in your 11 and 12th standard.
13th February 2011, 11:57 PM
shiraj
Senior Member+

Yes you can sit for NDA exam after your 12th.The eligibility criteria is that you need to have pass certificate in 12 and should have studied maths and physics.You can appear for the exam and be a better citizen by serving the country.
14th February 2011, 12:07 AM
mishra245

As an officer you can get exam of the NDA and qualify this exam to get admission in the air officer.
And more option after graduation are also provided.
such officers jobs in the Indian force are available in the site:
http://careerairforce.nic.in/life_airforce/lifeair_cargraph_officers.html
14th February 2011, 12:17 AM
shiraj
Senior Member+

Hello...You can write NDA exam after 12 or CDS exam after your graduation to get into Indian air force.For that you need to have studied maths and physics in your 11 and 12th.You can prepare well for it and make it through.
14th February 2011, 10:10 AM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

you can join in air force as an officer easily if you have engineering degree.

you can get chance in air force in two ways

1.through UES. which exam you can appear in the final year of your btech.

2.through UPSC exam. this exam you can appear after your graduation course.

if you don't have engineering degree. then you have to go through with this degree.

all the best........
14th February 2011, 09:27 PM
bikenindia

Quote:
Originally Posted by aryan kapoor View Post

Please help
Hello,

Indian Air force is one of the most prestigious job in the country. Not only serving the country, but also we can get lots of respect, dignity and personality.
Indian Air Force is really a good Option.
To join Indian Air force from Officer Rank, you can write NDA exam where they recruit Indian Army, Navy and Air force.
After passing out, you will be an officer (flight liutenant)

Thanks.
25th February 2011, 10:49 AM
Unregistered

i am doing b.com. and want to know how to apply for Indian air force. as i am interested in it. i want the details for selection procedure for women. and how to prepare my self for this.
18th March 2011, 09:27 PM
kavya metta

i'm dng b.tech 2nd year (civil)...and want to know the entrance exams to join in IAF as an officer after b.tech. please inform me the requirements required for a girl to join in IAF.
17th May 2011, 02:14 AM
Unregistered

can u tell me the procedure of change of ssb dates as i cleared the afcat held on march 2011..you can reply me on [email protected]....
13th June 2011, 04:43 PM
Unregistered

does eye spects creates any problem to get into airforce?
28th April 2012, 08:37 PM
Unregistered

Hey,
My AFSB has been scheduled on 14th May 2012 bt i need to change it. PLZZZZZZ tell me the exact procedure how to change SSB dates for airforce?
reply on- [email protected]
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?