20th July 2012, 01:18 PM
deepak88 gupta

How to get a job in Event Management companies?

i want job in event management companies, bt i dont have any degree or diploma related event management.. so please suggest me the right way to get job in this feild.

14th January 2013, 05:28 PM
fight1

Default Re: How to get a job in Event Management companies?

Institutions that offer event management as a vocational study program are few and far between.

Most of these institutes offer certificate and diploma courses. On the other hand, event management companies prefer candidates who have earned their qualification in allied fields such as a degree or a diploma in Public Relations, Tourism, Hospitality Management, Sales or Marketing.
Whatever route you choose, be prepared to start at the bottom – there are many opportunities for enthusiastic and flexible people to progress.

Any relevant experience is worthwhile, even bar work or waiting on tables. Take any opportunity you can to gain experience of organising events on a small scale through University activities such as Rag or JCCs.

A Post-Graduate Diploma in Advertising, Media and Events (PGDAME) from the National Institute of Event Management (NIEM), Mumbai, costs around Rs.1,25,000 approximately, whereas the Post-Graduate Diploma in Event Management (PGDEM) costs up to Rs.55,000 and the fees for a Diploma in Event Management (DEM) is around Rs.40,000.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?