8th July 2012, 07:40 PM
Daspinder

How to get job in PSU after B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering?

I have completed my B.tech in Mechanical Engineering with 6.5 GPA. I would like to know is GATE exam still the qualifying exam for getting job in a PSU. Or all PSU's conduct invidual examinations for recruitme in their organisations? what is the criteria for selection?

15th September 2012, 11:15 PM
KapilMusicBoy

Default Re: How to get job in PSU after B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering?

firstly, it is the best thing you have is your branch is Mechanical, which is the most required by the PSUs...
yes you are right, GATE is preffered for most of the PSUs now as NTPC, BHEL, ONGC & ohers and these all offer pachages of 8.5 lac and even more, 8.5 lac is the lowest package, ONGC gives 21.2 lac.....
but lots of other PSUs have their own written exams.
the best thing you have is your branch, and you know, for example, if there are 80 vacancies in any PSU then 50+ will be for mechanical....
15th September 2012, 11:17 PM
KapilMusicBoy

Smile Re: How to get job in PSU after B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering?

firstly, it is the best thing you have is your branch is Mechanical, which is the most required by the PSUs...
yes you are right, GATE is preffered for most of the PSUs now as NTPC, BHEL, ONGC & ohers and these all offer pachages of 8.5 lac and even more, 8.5 lac is the lowest package, ONGC gives 21.2 lac.....
but lots of other PSUs have their own written exams.
the best thing you have is your branch, and you know, for example, if there are 80 vacancies in any PSU then 50+ will be for mechanical....
23rd November 2012, 02:29 AM
Unregistered

But how should i prepare for psu...
18th August 2013, 06:31 PM
Unregistered

Sir, i am now in mechanical 3rd yr ,,,,,,,i doesnt sure about campus placement so plz tell me which companys take freshers offcampus and what criteria they have?
19th August 2013, 11:15 PM
Unregistered

i am studying in mechanical engineering 2nd year..i would like to more about psu and its coaching centers
21st August 2013, 04:16 PM
nishi513

Hi friend...Mechanical engineering is mother branch of engineering...After B.TECH mechanical engineering,you can apply for assistant engineer post in government sector core companies like HPCL,GAIL,IOCL,ONGC etc and to get shortlisted for further selection process(group discussion/personal interview),you must have good GATE exam score because these companies do not conduct the written test but consider the GATE exam score to shortlist the candidates...You can also apply for government sector jobs like ~>assistant motor vehicle inspector post ~>Indian Engineering Services and Civil Services examinations...ALL THE BEST...
16th May 2014, 11:06 PM
Unregistered

sir i am a mechanical 3rd year student and i want to know how i get job in psu.
16th July 2020, 07:25 PM
Unregistered

I Am B Tech in Aeronautical Engineering. Will I be eligible for any PSU job if I appear in GATE by ME ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?